Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 04:15 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You are forgetting that the rate of childbirth of Americans is very low. Not as low as in European nations, but very close. The problem is uncontrolled immigration from the South and other third world nations, since these immigrants' birth rate is quite high.

Right. So the human population expands but the source comes from another country...it's still human population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 04:15 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The problem is uncontrolled immigration from the South and other third world nations, since these immigrants' birth rate is quite high.
Which makes the parents of these new citizens harder to throw out of the country! You see how it works?

Old 11-26-2009, 04:18 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
When Mother Earth tires of our disregard for her warm embrace, she will swivel her hips and be done with us. Animal life comes first. Humans, not so much. We can go infest some other planet if we are so inclined.

Although, I tend to think that while our numbers will indeed be reduced, the only option we have for continued survival is to change our ways and revert back to being a part of nature rather than arrogantly claiming we are in charge of it.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:21 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Right. So the human population expands but the source comes from another country...it's still human population.
That's true. However, the right US government can control immigration. But since every president we have elected in recent years wants reelection votes, uncontrolled immigration will continue for years to come.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:27 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
Since it's plain and obvious that we do not know how to co-exist with animals (not talking about pets and chickens here) because we have refused to learn how to from Native Americans (and other "primitive" peoples) and refused to give up our relentless drive to "civilize" virgin lands.

Instinctively I want to live. That's self-preservation. But on a MASS SCALE, ultimately, with homo sapiens being on the top of the food chain and our intelligence and ability to harness nature to do our bidding, we will win. That's a given. We have been practicing excellent SPECISM and are skilled at the annihilation of other species in order to create survival, convenience, and material comfort for our own.

But does it mean it's a good thing? Is this what we want? There's no turning back. We can't give up on our cars, buildings, highways and the ability to produce tons of garbage. We will always be birthing more humans -- guaranteed. So, I present you the picture, please answer as rationally as possible.

"Whose life is more worth preserving on a massive, global scale? Wildlife or homo sapiens?"
On a global scale....homo sapiens are part of the animal kingdom just like the rest of the wildlife....we're just at the top of the food chain. There have been times in our earth's history when other species, that are now extinct, were at the top of the food chain. 99.9% of all species have become extinct. Homo sapiens will not be an exception.

CARPE DIEM: 99.9% of All Species Have Already Gone Extinct

Extinction event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-26-2009, 04:28 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
99.9% of all species have become extinct. Homo sapiens will not be an exception.

CARPE DIEM: 99.9% of All Species Have Already Gone Extinct

Extinction event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How do you think that will happen? That is, the extinction of humans?

Old 11-27-2009, 09:31 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
Well I don't own a crystal ball so i couldn't tell you. The difference from the way things became extinct in the past compared to the future is that in the past it was strictly something that happened naturally and in the future it can be that as well as something man-made.

I'm not much for prophets but, some interpret Nostradamus' predictions for the future to include the destruction of two European countries along with the contamination of the entire Mediterranean Sea....and that the U.S. will having it's own problems with natural disasters at that time, rendering us completely incapable helping or preventing it in any way. There's something about a leader making a huge mistake that leaves him feeling responsible for what happened and spends the rest of his life trying to correct his decision. Like I said I don't give this much weight but, that last part (I'll bet a lot will say that's got to be Obama) I think could be Putin.

What kills me with Russia helping Iran build it's nuclear facilties and the Pakistan scientist that was helping countries like N. Korea with it's nuclear program, was/is all being done for monetary reasons. It would almost be better if it was for some religious reason but, it's insane that it's just to make a few bucks. The scientist got millions and I don't know how much Russia is getting but, compared to the mess it may end up creating, it's a few bucks....especially with Russia....that's really hard up when you need money that bad and they used to be the other super power. The rocket they use to get to the space station only holds two astronauts and they actually let a civilian take up one of those seats one time for money...what was it $20-30 million? They shut down the factory that they were building their most advanced fighter jet at because they couldn't afford to build them for their own defense any more but, then they opened it back up to build them for other countries that can afford to buy them. I know they take tourists up for ride alongs in fighter jets to make money too....I think that's a few thousand. I may be off on some of this....I'm just going from memory. I'm not going to bother to verify any of it, it's not really that important...that's their businesss how they make money but, the risks they're taking are the world's business.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
"Whose life is more worth preserving on a massive, global scale? Wildlife or homo sapiens?"
Homos. Without a doubt.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:08 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
could be anything

Old 11-27-2009, 10:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Well I don't own a crystal ball so i couldn't tell you. The difference from the way things became extinct in the past compared to the future is that in the past it was strictly something that happened naturally and in the future it can be that as well as something man-made.

I'm not much for prophets but, some interpret Nostradamus' predictions for the future to include the destruction of two European countries along with the contamination of the entire Mediterranean Sea....and that the U.S. will having it's own problems with natural disasters at that time, rendering us completely incapable helping or preventing it in any way. There's something about a leader making a huge mistake that leaves him feeling responsible for what happened and spends the rest of his life trying to correct his decision. Like I said I don't give this much weight but, that last part (I'll bet a lot will say that's got to be Obama) I think could be Putin.

What kills me with Russia helping Iran build it's nuclear facilties and the Pakistan scientist that was helping countries like N. Korea with it's nuclear program, was/is all being done for monetary reasons. It would almost be better if it was for some religious reason but, it's insane that it's just to make a few bucks. The scientist got millions and I don't know how much Russia is getting but, compared to the mess it may end up creating, it's a few bucks....especially with Russia....that's really hard up when you need money that bad and they used to be the other super power. The rocket they use to get to the space station only holds two astronauts and they actually let a civilian take up one of those seats one time for money...what was it $20-30 million? They shut down the factory that they were building their most advanced fighter jet at because they couldn't afford to build them for their own defense any more but, then they opened it back up to build them for other countries that can afford to buy them. I know they take tourists up for ride alongs in fighter jets to make money too....I think that's a few thousand. I may be off on some of this....I'm just going from memory. I'm not going to bother to verify any of it, it's not really that important...that's their businesss how they make money but, the risks they're taking are the world's business.
yeah but I don't think they can do any more than help they can't we do that too we helped other countries on their nuclear reactors and devlopment
Something similar happened with India. In 1955 India built its first research reactor using British-supplied designs. A year later Canada supplied India with a research reactor. Next the US provided a key ingredient—heavy water—and trained over a 1000 Indian nuclear scientists. In 1961 India began construction of a reprocessing plant designed to extract plutonium from spent nuclear fuel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies