Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 10:10 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times

Advertisements

This thread scares me.

And it has nothing to do with Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 03:33 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
This thread scares me.

And it has nothing to do with Muslims.
Whatever...

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz........

Old 11-29-2009, 03:51 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have tried all over the internet to convince people that the moderate Muslims we think are against the militants really are hanging back and waiting for the establishing of the world wide Caliphate, to little avail with most people.
Wow, this is just....rampant paranoia & neurosis. So you're trying to indoctrinate others like you think perhaps Muslims are trying to do? I'm curious if you actually know & are friends w/any muslims. If you aren't, well then you really can't lump them into the extremist group, can you? And if you do, I assume those that you do know are not of that group, so how do you think they would feel that you come on here & group them w/a bunch of extremists? I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy. I know muslims, I've dated a couple of them in my life. No way are they what you talk about. And they are moderate: they're not insane about their belief & they're not complete passive either. Nor are their families. It is possible to be a muslim & not be a crazy extremist.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:10 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Wow, this is just....rampant paranoia & neurosis. So you're trying to indoctrinate others like you think perhaps Muslims are trying to do? I'm curious if you actually know & are friends w/any muslims. If you aren't, well then you really can't lump them into the extremist group, can you? And if you do, I assume those that you do know are not of that group, so how do you think they would feel that you come on here & group them w/a bunch of extremists? I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy. I know muslims, I've dated a couple of them in my life. No way are they what you talk about. And they are moderate: they're not insane about their belief & they're not complete passive either. Nor are their families. It is possible to be a muslim & not be a crazy extremist.
Nothing against your post, it just occurs to me in light of some of the harsh posts about Christians on this forum, that if you substitute "Christian" for "Muslim", I'd bet it would be just as reasonable and sensible, but lots of people would jump all over it. Why is the above acceptable, and the paragraph below not?

Here's the text with the substitution, just as an interesting exercise:

Wow, this is just....rampant paranoia & neurosis. So you're trying to indoctrinate others like you think perhaps Christians are trying to do? I'm curious if you actually know & are friends w/any Christians. If you aren't, well then you really can't lump them into the extremist group, can you? And if you do, I assume those that you do know are not of that group, so how do you think they would feel that you come on here & group them w/a bunch of extremists? I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy. I know Christians, I've dated a couple of them in my life. No way are they what you talk about. And they are moderate: they're not insane about their belief & they're not complete passive either. Nor are their families. It is possible to be a Christian & not be a crazy extremist

Old 11-29-2009, 06:34 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Ok everyone, just be..you know, normal. This nation has not been founded on Islam, nor will it ever, our country is not like middle eastern countries. Those countries have been founded on that set of thinking for thousands of years, from the beginning really. I think you're all getting a little ahead of yourselves & not thinking clearly. I think you all know deep down inside that our country would never base things on that mode of thinking or religion. I mean, really? You can't really think that in all honesty that would ever happen. I don't care what you hear or read, it's not realistic.
Islam originated in Arabia in the early 7th century. It does draw some teachings from the same source as the old testament. It's here. Feel free to ignore it.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:44 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
so what will it be like.. will women have to wear a vail, will they lose there freedoms in an islamic quran governed world!!!!! islam is the fastest growing relegion. what changes should we expect in the next few decades..
Durka Durka

THANK YOU COME AGAIN

"I look like de santa closs"

Old 11-29-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
In some ways it will easiest for the practicing Christians because of all groups, Islam tolerates conservative Christians the most. The Hollywood types will be killed or put in prison for their sinful ways. Homosexuals will be removed from society unless the Muslims bring back the eunuchs to guard their harems and in that case homosexuals may have a job keeping their eye on the women. No more nude and topless beaches like in France. Liquor stores will be outlawed.

Jews will have to toe the line, atheists won't exist or will have to be in hiding. Free speech - no way.

There are plenty of examples right now how life is under Islam - Saudi Arabia, Yemen, the Sudan, Iran, Pakistan. They do see themselves as the religion of peace because once Sharia law is established for everyone, that will be a kind of utopia they say, where everyone lives in harmony because no one dissents.
Like the madman of Tehran says, 'there are no homosexuals in Iran.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:41 PM

For an exhibition of Islam today visit the website for the movie Obsession - Radical Islam's War Against the West. Unfortunately, it's no longer free but with the help of a few friends, a viewing is possible.

Do watch the available movie trailers while there.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:10 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Whatever...

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz........
Save your sarcasm, I wasn't talking about Christians either.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:35 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Hopefully the current economic depression will fuel anti-immigrant sentiment and stop the flow. Then white people will be able to start breeding again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies