Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-26-2009, 04:44 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Reputation: 62169

Advertisements

"President Obama has shattered the budget record for first-year presidents -- spending nearly double what his predecessor did when he came into office and far exceeding the first-year tabs for any other U.S. president in history."

The spending was adjusted for all presidents in terms of 2000 dollars so they could be compared fairly.

Obama Shatters Spending Record for First-Year Presidents - FOXNews.com

I wonder if he will mention this record in the State of The Union Address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-26-2009, 04:49 AM
 
27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Reputation: 15662
Hey big spender!...that is what Oama is, an empty suit which can spread other peoples money around...

I still wonder how all these fools will feel today who thought Obama was going to pay their bills and fill up their gas tank.....and now lost their job....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2009, 05:01 AM
 
19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Reputation: 4013
Which was the last President NOT to break the all-time first-year spending record in his first year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2009, 05:04 AM
 
366 posts, read 297,215 times
Reputation: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Which was the last President NOT to break the all-time first-year spending record in his first year?
I hear you saganista, and I'm not into bashing our President, but don't you think there should be some kind of limit?

BTW, I do realize and acknowledge that President Obama stepped into a big pile of horse poop on January 20th.

Regardless of what I think of some of his policies, I sincerely hope that he knows what he is doing and we are all better off for it. It does no good to simply beat up on the man. We all have to really hope that this extraordinary spending will bring us out of this mess.

One more thing. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Saganista.

Last edited by free_food; 11-26-2009 at 05:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2009, 05:27 AM
 
19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Reputation: 4013
Thank you, and the same to you and your family. It's a day for families large and small to spend some time hanging out together without someone having to die or get married in order to accomplish it. Probably a good thing. Enjoy.

As for limits, no, there should not be some preset limit developed in ignorance of what needs or conditions might come to obtain at some future point. The situation we have been dumped into today is not some imaginary business-cycle downturn. It results from a crippling of the credit engine that makes all modern economies go. We do not have the car in the shop these days for a tune-up and some scheduled maintenance. It is there because some vandals deliberately poured sugar into the gas tank. A lot of equipment has been fouled, and it will be expensive in terms of both time and money to repair. In the meantime, we need transportation. There is nothing in the budget for a rent-a-car, but we are sunk without something, so we will put it on the credit card, knowing that once we get the real car back, things will get a lot easier. We have been down this road before with WWII debt that as a percentage of GDP was much higher than today, and we lived to tell the tale. We will do so again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2009, 05:29 AM
 
Location: Irvine, CA to Keller, TX
4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"President Obama has shattered the budget record for first-year presidents -- spending nearly double what his predecessor did when he came into office and far exceeding the first-year tabs for any other U.S. president in history."

The spending was adjusted for all presidents in terms of 2000 dollars so they could be compared fairly.

Obama Shatters Spending Record for First-Year Presidents - FOXNews.com

I wonder if he will mention this record in the State of The Union Address.

He does not care, nor do his minions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2009, 05:43 AM
 
60 posts, read 79,823 times
Reputation: 37
Just wait untill January when the Democrats become the party of "fiscal responsibility" by declaring war on the deficit.The left wingers will eat it up and so called republicans like John Mcain will praise president Obama for "working so hard to solve the problem"....pathetic.
I would like to think that the Republicans can make hay out of that but they have let scandal after scandal slip through their fingers.
I'm afraid the people will have to just go ahead and vote for anybody with an R after their name in 2010 and start running real liberty minded people in the primaries instead of people who promise more big government in many cases than the Democrat in the race.
The past few years should finally show the Republican party that it has allowed political correctness to basically destroy it from the inside out.Co-opting the socialist ideas of the left have given us "Compassionate Conservatism","moderate Republicans" and David Brooks....all of which we can live without.
The Republicans are in a perfect "they are the bad guys and we are the good guys" scenario this year,can't wait to see how they blow it this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2009, 05:47 AM
 
Location: Irvine, CA to Keller, TX
4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by tad73 View Post
Just wait untill January when the Democrats become the party of "fiscal responsibility" by declaring war on the deficit.The left wingers will eat it up and so called republicans like John Mcain will praise president Obama for "working so hard to solve the problem"....pathetic.
I would like to think that the Republicans can make hay out of that but they have let scandal after scandal slip through their fingers.
I'm afraid the people will have to just go ahead and vote for anybody with an R after their name in 2010 and start running real liberty minded people in the primaries instead of people who promise more big government in many cases than the Democrat in the race.
The past few years should finally show the Republican party that it has allowed political correctness to basically destroy it from the inside out.Co-opting the socialist ideas of the left have given us "Compassionate Conservatism","moderate Republicans" and David Brooks....all of which we can live without.
The Republicans are in a perfect "they are the bad guys and we are the good guys" scenario this year,can't wait to see how they blow it this time.
blowoutcongress.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2009, 05:48 AM
 
60 posts, read 79,823 times
Reputation: 37
Wars end but entitlements are forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2009, 06:33 AM
 
48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Reputation: 18304
Entitlements alos encouage the people that pay no taxes to the tune of 50%/ Some will not be satified until we are like eureope and have a 30% unemployemnt rate in the under 30 years of age and think that 10.4% unemployemnt is good times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:32 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top