Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:13 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,757,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Organick I nefer called you a name, unless of course, you fashion yourself a lemming of the left. If that sticks o.k. What is your knowledge about global warming that makes you the Mr/Mrs sophisticate? You do not have any such knowledge only speculation. Yet, you are willing to join with those that would mandate putting our economy further into a tailspin with mandates designed to curb your mystery global warming.

If you folks keep piling it on we are going to be in a real mess. You better get hold of that concept before it is too late.

I love answers that just say you don't know anything about this but I do so you are wrong and I am right. Look its really not complicated. There are endless scientists who back human caused global warming, endless examples of the problem. The sea levels are rising and will continue to do so. The thing that needs to happen before its to late is people need to start caring and realize we are the problem and only we can be the answer. The economy means absolutely nothing when 10's of millions of people across the world become malnourished and the sea creeps slowly inward in major cities across the globe.

On the Brink: evidence

• CO2 and other greenhouse gasses act as a kind of planetary thermostat, and our current CO2 level is higher than at any time at least the last 400,000 years—and rising. This means that the Earth's planetary thermostat is stuck in the "on" position. Given these facts, we'd expect temperatures on Earth to be rising, and this is precisely what is happening now. And that is what global warming is all about.
  • Over the past 100 years, the average temperature on Earth has risen by over a full degree Fahrenheit. 1 degree might not sound like much but keep in mind the Earth's average temperature had been 57 degrees. If your body temperature was raised by the same proportion, you would have a temperature of over 100 degrees. The Earth is sick with a fever.
  • Science tells us that global warming is very real and is getting worse:
  • The 1980's were the hottest decade on record...until the 1990's.
  • The 1990's were the warmest decade in at least 1,000 years.
  • 2003 was the 2nd hottest year ever recorded.
  • The five hottest years on record all have occurred since 1997, and the 10 hottest since 1990.
  • The planet is now warming faster than at any time in the last 10,000 years....and the rate of change is accelerating.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:23 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,579,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
No, you just responded to the thread to attack and prove what I and many others believe
To attack? *L* You sure are sensitive, aren't you. You'd think that someone who goes around writing things like
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
spiked ******* kool aid
would have a tougher skin. But, of course, whining is always an option, it seems.

And as for proving what you asserted in the first post, I suggest you go back and read your claims. Nothing I've said supports your claims of whom liberals supposedly hate. But why would accuracy and logic prevent you from making another wild claim.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:26 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,406,337 times
This thread seems to have turned into a hate-fest.
Closed.

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies