Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 04:24 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
But in the end of days, whoever doesn't convert to Christianity will be killed ...
Wrong. The armies of the beast and the false prophet will be destroyed simply by proclamation (a sword from the mouth) of Christ. See Revelation 19.

The souls of all will then be judged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 04:25 PM

112 posts, read 130,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I am motivated by compassion not pride. All I care about is making a difference in this world and helping those in need. I realized that your comment is based out of your ignorance about Christianity so I'll try to not allow yoru distortion to upset me.
I grew up in a Christian family but over time stopped feeling guilty for my doubts. If you seriously feel that anyone who is not Christian is doomed to hell, then you have a much more distorted view than I do.

How can you disagree that on many levels, people from all walks of life, and from all different religions can all agree morally almost 100% and all you are trying to do is get them to call God the same "name" that you do? And lets say you succeed in this mission, you feel very special I'm sure.

You see, people of the world dont need your compassion or pity. I feel at peace with something higher than myself, but I dont need to give it a name and get everyone around me to call it the same name.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:29 PM

272 posts, read 215,863 times
I dont see any similairities between even the most extreme Christian sects andWahhabi

totally off base

Old 11-27-2009, 04:41 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borus View Post

You see, people of the world dont need your compassion or pity. I feel at peace with something higher than myself, but I dont need to give it a name and get everyone around me to call it the same name.
Wow. God certainly wasted his time walking around in human flesh, if this is true.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Wow. God certainly wasted his time walking around in human flesh, if this is true.
This brings up an interesting point...

What is "time" to God? He is considered an eternal being with no beginning or no end. Whats the rush to get everyone to BELIEVE in 80 years or damn them to hell if they dont "get it" quick enough?

TIMES UP! Sorry! You had your chance, Bye Bye! Enjoy burning in eternity. Sounds "just" and "loving"....

Old 11-27-2009, 05:01 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
This brings up an interesting point...

What is "time" to God? He is considered an eternal being with no beginning or no end. Whats the rush to get everyone to BELIEVE in 80 years or damn them to hell if they dont "get it" quick enough?

TIMES UP! Sorry! You had your chance, Bye Bye! Enjoy burning in eternity. Sounds "just" and "loving"....
You forget that humans have free will whether to accept or reject Christ. You cannnot continually thumb your nose and disrespect Him and expect no consequences. Life without God = spiritual death. The reasons why you can be so flippant about it is because God's presence is still in this world. When you take God out of the equation, you have eternal suffering. All hell really involves is the complete and total absence of God.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
You forget that humans have free will whether to accept or reject Christ. You cannnot continually thumb your nose and disrespect Him and expect no consequences. Life without God = spiritual death. The reasons why you can be so flippant about it is because God's presence is still in this world. When you take God out of the equation, you have eternal suffering. All hell really involves is the complete and total absence of God.
We might have to take this to another thread as we are now deviating from the topic.

I do agree that hell is not a physical place, but a mental state of confusion, anger, dissatisfaction. The spanish word "sin" actually literally translates to "without". Buddhist teachings would tell you the same exact thing as this... but should they be doomed to hell because their teacher is a chubby bald asian man rather than a blonde haired blue eyed dirty blonde man with a beard?

You wouldnt want their condescending pity because you dont accept Buddha, anymore than they want your pity for not knowing "Christ". There are many many paths to attain the same universal truths and they can be found in christianity as well as every other major religion.

This should lighten your load a bit so you are able to focus on yourself instead of worrying about all the damned souls around you.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:25 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
We might have to take this to another thread as we are now deviating from the topic.

I do agree that hell is not a physical place, but a mental state of confusion, anger, dissatisfaction. The spanish word "sin" actually literally translates to "without". Buddhist teachings would tell you the same exact thing as this... but should they be doomed to hell because their teacher is a chubby bald asian man rather than a blonde haired blue eyed dirty blonde man with a beard?

You wouldnt want their condescending pity because you dont accept Buddha, anymore than they want your pity for not knowing "Christ". There are many many paths to attain the same universal truths and they can be found in christianity as well as every other major religion.

This should lighten your load a bit so you are able to focus on yourself instead of worrying about all the damned souls around you.
Hell is an actual physical place and is a place I would never take lightly. People are free to worship as they please but how are they going to even make a decision if they haven't heard the Gospel message for themselves? How can they hear about it if someone does not take the time to talk to them about Christianity. I realize many folks believe that all religions lead to heaven but this is simply false. Jesus isn't a blonde/blue eyed man; more like Middle Eastern based upon the region where He resided. More importantly, Jesus is "...the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (Jesus). John 14:6

Old 11-27-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Hell is an actual physical place and is a place I would never take lightly. People are free to worship as they please but how are they going to even make a decision if they haven't heard the Gospel message for themselves? How can they hear about it if someone does not take the time to talk to them about Christianity. I realize many folks believe that all religions lead to heaven but this is simply false. Jesus isn't a blonde/blue eyed man; more like Middle Eastern based upon the region where He resided. More importantly, Jesus is "...the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (Jesus). John 14:6
Done. You have every right to believe what you like. Someday, I'll see ya in heaven and we can laugh about this. bye.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:32 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AKvRvL5r3A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies