Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 08:41 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Abortion should be free if done early. It's cheaper than producing another unwanted human. Children are luxury items nowadays. I don't know how people can keep cranking them out when they are so poor. If God insists they reproduce like gnats, let him pay the bills.
It's not ever "free" and your reference to only poor people having babies they don't want is not logical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 08:52 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
I hardly doubt that abortion would be widely used by the poor if the government were to pay for it as much of the poor are socially conservative. Even in democrat-leaning innercities, much of the poor are social conservatives and more likely to be pro-life Christians. The reason why they vote Democrat is because of the social programs that democrats tend to be in favor of and not due to stances of abortion or gay marriage.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:56 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Stupid stupid comparison.
Not really. A fetus is actually a lessor form of life than an animal is.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Unless there was a chicken embryo in your scrambled egg, you ate an unfertilized egg. Big difference.

If fetus isn't human then what precisely is it? Simian? Vegetable?

Whether you agree with abortion or not, there is one thing that is indisputable. When a woman starts undergoing an abortion she has a living "thing" in her womb, it has a heart rate, it breathes, it feels pain. At the end of the abortion that "thing" no longer breathes, no longer feels anything, no longer has a pulse. It is now dead.

Now one can argue that the woman should have control over what is growing in her body, but don't underestimate the action of abortion killing something that was alive.
So what? A cockroach feels pain and breathes too. So does a rat. That don't make it a CHILD.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Are you saying that at 7 and 8 months, the unborn are not actual babies? I and several others that I personally know were born at 7 months. It's obvious that we were more than a clump of cells.
If they are born, they are babies, until then, no dice!

Old 11-26-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If they are born, they are babies, until then, no dice!
That's a sad way of looking at it. I'm grateful that my biological mother did not share your views or else I'd not be born.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:05 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
Quote:
Not really. A fetus is actually a lessor form of life than an animal is.
Spoken like a true butcher.

If you ever study photos of fetuses, you would not assign such a low estimation.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I understand and many pro-lifers share your sentiment about the war. So should those pro-lifers pay for abortion AND the war when they were opposed to both?
I haven't seen any pro lifers that oppose needless optional wars. Most of them cheer it on. I guess they are cool with very late term abortions (like 20 years!)

Old 11-26-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen any pro lifers that oppose needless optional wars. Most of them cheer it on. I guess they are cool with very late term abortions (like 20 years!)
I'm against it and so are many other pro-lifers. Remember, not all conservatives are pro-life and not all liberals are pro-choice.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:08 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
At least they can shoot back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies