Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 03:49 PM

27 posts, read 48,435 times

Advertisements

I know the Media is Liberal. Heck I'm a supporter for gay rights, etc. (Though I am republican, supporter of small businesses )

I mean Prejan has like 8 sex tapes or something, probably had sex before Marriage too IMO. Palin's family is a mess. Her daughter has a child out of wed-lock. One of the family members is posing for Playgirl.

Are you proud that Prejan and Palin basically voice the conservative crowd? Sometimes I feel Conservatives are getting so much backlash. Do you think Prejan and Palin should fade from the limelight because they bring so much negativity to the conservative side in a sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 03:56 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
i like granny smith apples but they dont represent all apples. i prefer the tart ones for baking pies. thier are so many varieties of apples but they are all good for something.

Old 11-26-2009, 03:59 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
I don't like to talk about Sarah Palin too much to be honest. I think the bashing on her should stop. It is ok to criticize her like we do with Obama but it is getting beyond normal. It got out of control.

Do I agree with Sarah Palin? Would I vote for her? HELL NO. But she is a human. No one deserves what Obama and Palin were and are going through.

But in my honest opinion, Carrie Prejean is just something else.....she seriously is. I cannot imagine going around saying that I wanted to deny other people their rights and love because of my holy Christian values all the while KNOWING I had sex before before marriage and have 8 sex tapes. *rolls eyes*

Old 11-26-2009, 03:59 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
i like granny smith apples but they dont represent all apples. i prefer the tart ones for baking pies. thier are so many varieties of apples but they are all good for something.
I agree, we have an apple tree that has a variety of apples on it green, red and yellow, we still just call it an apple tree. Like the yellow the best, wife makes apple sauce from the green.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:00 PM

27 posts, read 48,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post

I understand english isn't your first language!! But common girl, even Sexy Sarah wouldn't understand this.

Though Sarah isn't nearly as interesting as Carrie is. I think Carrie is just digging a bigger hole for the conservatives. In my opinion her whole "Status" Is worse then any liberal could represent. She's more of a liability then an asset. IMO We need some strong (Or even semi) republican figures to represent the country. (Ron Paul) hehe

Old 11-26-2009, 04:07 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,552,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzTranny View Post
I know the Media is Liberal. Heck I'm a supporter for gay rights, etc. (Though I am republican, supporter of small businesses )

I mean Prejan has like 8 sex tapes or something, probably had sex before Marriage too IMO. Palin's family is a mess. Her daughter has a child out of wed-lock. One of the family members is posing for Playgirl.

Are you proud that Prejan and Palin basically voice the conservative crowd? Sometimes I feel Conservatives are getting so much backlash. Do you think Prejan and Palin should fade from the limelight because they bring so much negativity to the conservative side in a sense?

Of course the liberal media are going to pick the train wrecks in the Republican party to be the face of opposition -- duh!!! This is not rocket science. Watch the Sunday talk shows and notice who they pick to speak for the Republican party, can we say John McCain (moderate Republican) and Lindsey Graham (deep, southern twang, and another moderate) -- its the perception they are trying to create: if you vote for a Dem your taxes will pay for healthcare; if you vote for a Republican, well, your tax dollars will go for more foreign wars and no healthcare. Also watch who they don't invite to be on their show. Can we say Dr. Ron Paul?

Old 11-26-2009, 04:09 PM

221 posts, read 228,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I don't like to talk about Sarah Palin too much to be honest. I think the bashing on her should stop. It is ok to criticize her like we do with Obama but it is getting beyond normal. It got out of control.

Do I agree with Sarah Palin? Would I vote for her? HELL NO. But she is a human. No one deserves what Obama and Palin were and are going through.

But in my honest opinion, Carrie Prejean is just something else.....she seriously is. I cannot imagine going around saying that I wanted to deny other people their rights and love because of my holy Christian values all the while KNOWING I had sex before before marriage and have 8 sex tapes. *rolls eyes*
Well said and I agree!

Old 11-26-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
Well said and I agree!
x2

Old 11-26-2009, 04:24 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
By default, Palin and Prejean are among the front running voices for the GOP, along with buffoons like Coulter, Limbaugh, et al.

If the GOP had any leadership and courage, they would stand up and point out that the aforementioned characters neither are standard bearers for the GOP, nor speak for GOP leadership. But since the GOP is in a shambles and doesn't have much leadership these days, they've defaulted the playing field to Palin, Prejean, et al, who are, for the time being, the de facto voice of the GOP. Sad situation.

I do not see "conservatives" and "GOP membership" as the same thing. FISCAL conservatives are in all parties, especially Ron Paul's Libertarians, while much of what's left of the GOP are SOCIAL conservatives who are a totally different matter. IMO, when GOP social conservatives use the word "conservative" it's a misnomer; a major chunk of those GOP members are just religious extremists and don't belong in either main party. Their correct name is PURITANs. There is NO place in our politics for religion of any sort.

Palin and Prejean may speak for SOCIAL conservatives (for now), but they're damned poor examples given their massive hypocrisy.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I agree, we have an apple tree that has a variety of apples on it green, red and yellow, we still just call it an apple tree. Like the yellow the best, wife makes apple sauce from the green.
must be one of them hybrids you know the doctored un natural type. i only grow the hierloom varietys the natural ones that reproduce normaly from thier own seed. hybrids only produce morbid freaks of nature totally worthless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies