Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ...
Pro-Life and support the Iraq War 10 19.23%
Pro-Life and are against the Iraq War 11 21.15%
Pro-Choice and support the Iraq War 0 0%
Pro-Choice and are against the Iraq War 31 59.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 01:45 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times

Advertisements

Pro life. That includes everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 08:58 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
In several threads about whether the government should pay for abortions, several folks have made the rebuttal that since they are paying for a war that they don't approve of, then pro-lifers can pay for abortions. I'd love to actually find out where folks stand in terms of abortion and their support of the Iraq War.

Poll is anonymous as I want folks to be free in their responses. Thank you.
The president and the congress being responsible for maintaining an army and national defense is in the US Constitution, there is nothing in there about taking money from citizens so Mary Jo can get her abortion because swim suit season is coming.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:14 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The president and the congress being responsible for maintaining an army and national defense is in the US Constitution, there is nothing in there about taking money from citizens so Mary Jo can get her abortion because swim suit season is coming.
There isn't anything in there either about providing defense for men who think that women have abortions because swimsuit season is coming. I say we cut you off...

Last edited by saganista; 11-27-2009 at 09:26 AM..

Old 11-27-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
God help us.
He does...by sending almost half of all conceptions successfully completed off to the land of spontaneous abortion. So that's better than three million that He takes care of as against only a little over one million elective abortions that people actually decide to have each year.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
I am Pro-Life* and against all foreign military action.

The asterisk after Pro-life is because I find abortion morally reprehensible but I don't support any legislation one way or the other regarding the practice. It is none of the government's business whatsoever in my opinion. I say let the individuals decide moral issues on their own. I am not God.

I am against all foreign military actions because I feel that they are initiations of force and do not directly serve to protect America. My kooky beliefs regarding the military should only be used to retaliate against direct attacks upon our national boundaries. "Defensive" wars and occupations abroad are nothing more than profit makers for the military complex and blood makers for the people.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
I'm pro-choice and against the Iraq war. I'm also against federally funded elective abortions.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
A baby has it's own dna.
Unless it is an identical twin or triplet. Okay to abort them all under those circumstances??? If not, then your unique DNA argument doesn't really have any meaning to it at all, does it? It's just another smokescreeen to mask what boils down to nothing more than your personal religious beliefs.

You are welcome to those. And everyone else is welcome to ignore them...

Old 11-28-2009, 02:40 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,125 times
Quote:
Where did you get your #'s from, and how do you know the majority were "innocent?" 3 million pre-born babies a year are murdered, 3x's that of your made up stat. People on dialysis can't survive on their own; should we murder them? People on ventilators can't survive on their own; should we murder them? A baby is not part of a womans body; there's no chart in any a & p class anywhere that will show you a fetus as part of the female anatomy. A baby has it's own dna.

I can't wait until you graduate college and realize that all of the nonsense that spilled out of your Marxist Sociology 101 professor's mouth was complete bunk.

Thats a funny assumption because I graduted from college 12 years ago and then graduate school 3 years after that. An unborn fetus cannot survive without its mother until much later in pregnancy. Comparing that to a walking talking breathing human is somewhat silly. You do realiz that the woman's body grows the baby along with the placenta which is an organ. So it is part of here body.

Would you prefer that 3 million children each year be brought into the world who are not wanted or unable to be taken care of?? That would make the world better

Yeah yeah the typical marxist remark....everyone not like you is a communist

Old 11-28-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
With all due respect, it's moral relativism such as this that makes me think liberalism is a mental disorder. God help us.

where is your moral relativism about us killing innocent people in wars??

Old 11-28-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
So far 16 people think it's okay to slaughter 3 million innocent pre-born babies a year, but it's wrong to fight Islamic terrorism. Anyone who claims that society is evolving needs to have their head examined.

and anyone who thinks a 2 week old cobination of cells can survive on it own should too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies