Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Less than half spent, it saved Government jobs and some construction jobs.
Which was NOT was it was intended to do. I do believe obama claimed the stimulus, before it was passed, would create private sector jobs, which it has not. It was promised to keep UE under 8%, which it has not. It was promised to provide a jolt to the economy, which it has not.

I'd say that's failure.

Quote:
Bush started the war in Iraq and Afghan
Since obama has taken over, the violence in both have increased dramatically. Troop morale is tanking, suicides are expected to be the most ever.

Quote:
Gm to start repaying the loan(key word loan) back
Eh...no. They will repay some of what they owe....with more taxpayer dollars, while posting a $1.2 BILLION dollar loss.

Quote:
that's the info that got handed to him.
Wha?? The bogus jobs claims and numbers he has cited himself, repeatedly, at the same time his man in the hot seat has said he cannot verify ANY of the numbers.

Quote:
who cares about that,it better than kissing and holding hands like Bush.
Who cares about FP? I thought he would be resetting all these endangered relationships? Well, he has. We are now the doormat, laughing stock of the world, weak and subservient to the other powers. They are walking all over him. It is a truly embarrassing situation.

Quote:
It sold cars and the Repub voted yes for the bill also. The only failure I see, It should've been buy American only.
The only thing it did was take from car sales next year, while costing the taxpayer approx $24,000/car. I guess if you're not a taxpayer, you like that.

Quote:
Obama has nothing to do with the manufacturing of the vaccine,blame the drug companies.
Obama and his team have had 10 months to prepare for this flu season. meanwhile, he declared a national emergency with no vaccine to be found.

Quote:
Governor race gets no national votes on issue facing the nation. Dem's pick up a House seat and held onto one(translation another vote for the Speaker)
Gee, that's not what Rahm declared in 2005/2006. He said the governors races they won in VA and NJ were indicative of national policies and the man in the WH. Winning those two states was HUGE, even more so in NJ, simply amazing.

Quote:
I guess your on the side of Ins. and big pharma to keep giving us the shaft.,
No. I'm on the side of HC reform that actually reforms something and focuses on the problems within the system, which a government run PO would only exacerbate. The problems do not justify a government takeover.

Quote:
He spending money to try to get America back on track. If he didn't pass the Stimulus bill who knows where we be.
The CBO told us in Jan 2009 that the recession would end late 2009/early 2010 WITHOUT government intervention (stimulus). So far, we have lost 3 million jobs on his watch and wasted another trillion on a failed stimulus that in no way, shape or form is doing anything it was intended to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 07:42 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You don't need a super majority in the house. The 78(?) they have is more than enough. In fact, all they need out of that 258 is 218.
And the dems have controlled congress for how long? And the dems have controlled America and have a super majority for how long now?

You do need a super-majority in the House to pass a Consitutional amendment or to override a Presidential veto.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:43 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Regarding the OP, it is great to see our country in the hands of strong leadership again. Really impressed with Obama so far. Takes a strong leader to finally get this country to insure its poorest, to fight only wars that make sense, to help the private sector through a tough time and let them reemerge the other side stronger than ever....

So much to be thankful for in this president. Reminds me of the lofty days of Reagan.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
And the dems have controlled congress for how long? And the dems have controlled America and have a super majority for how long now?

You do need a super-majority in the House to pass a Consitutional amendment or to override a Presidential veto.
Wait, who's talking about passing Constitutional Amendments?

What bills have Obama Veto'd that Congress needed to override?

Old 11-27-2009, 07:52 PM

782 posts, read 3,790,255 times
I give up. Obama in 12 months had destroyed America. America was going down the drain a decade ago. How can any president fix what took years to get to where we are at,but escalated with Bush 44. If we had Mccain we probably be in another depression by now. Fighting three wars(Iran). Deficit would've have grown more with Mccain with his tax cuts and sending more troops to fight war that we can't pay for.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:53 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whips View Post
I give up. Obama in 12 months had destroyed America. America was going down the drain a decade ago. How can any president fix what took years to get to where we are at,but escalated with Bush 44. If we had Mccain we probably be in another depression by now. Fighting three wars(Iran). Deficit would've have grown more with Mccain with his tax cuts and sending more troops to fight war that we can't pay for.
I know Bush and Obama are related and all

I think that's a little far reaching though...

Old 11-27-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Which was NOT was it was intended to do. I do believe obama claimed the stimulus, before it was passed, would create private sector jobs, which it has not. It was promised to keep UE under 8%, which it has not. It was promised to provide a jolt to the economy, which it has not. I'd say that's failure.
I'd say it's nothing more than a heap of your usual made-up hokem. By nearly everyone's estimation, there were about a million more jobs out there in the third quarter than what there would have been without the stimulus. Did public sector employment rise by a million in eight months?

There were no promises of 8% or any other upper limit to unemployment provided in advocating for the stimulus bill. In early January of this year, Obama was plainly warning that we faced the threat of double-digit unemployment. Rightwing bozos like DeMint accused him at the time of exaggerating and using scare tactics.

The stimulus added about 2.5 percentage points to GDP in the second quarter of this year, and about 3.0 percentage points in the third quarter. Not half bad, considering ARRA didn't become law until February 17, i.e., just past halfway through the first quarter.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Wha?? The bogus jobs claims and numbers he has cited himself, repeatedly, at the same time his man in the hot seat has said he cannot verify ANY of the numbers.
LOL. All sent in by you, the American people. By design, no administration hand had touched those data when you saw them on recovery.gov. And of course, they cover only one part of a small slice of ARRA. These data were not remotely intended to be the actual jobs created/saved totals. That little window was provided for purposes of transparency...to allow you to see in as close to real-time as possible what was going on at the near-lowest levels of detail.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:16 PM

782 posts, read 3,790,255 times
Quote:
Failed stimulus, 2 wars on the brink, failed auto bailouts, lies on the UE numbers, lies on the number of jobs "lost", Iran tells him to shove it, Russia uses him as a doormat, China rejects every overture, Israel tells him to stuff it, NKorea is laughing their a**es off, his Asia trip was an utter disaster, has bowed, groveled and apologized around the world, cash4clunkers, a monumental failure, swine flu debacle, 2 huge Blue state defeats, Cap&Tax off the table, the HC debacle, more US deaths in Afghanistan in any previous 7, low morale in the troops, more suicides, he has shattered the spending record, ballooned the deficit and debt the list goes on and on...

and the polls show it.

From a high around 70 to under 50% in less than a ten months.

Not in my wildest dreams would I ever imagine he would have been this much of a disaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I know Bush and Obama are related and all

I think that's a little far reaching though...
No not really

Quote:
Which was NOT was it was intended to do. I do believe obama claimed the stimulus, before it was passed, would create private sector jobs, which it has not. It was promised to keep UE under 8%, which it has not. It was promised to provide a jolt to the economy, which it has not.

I'd say that's failure.
Quote:
It has created private sector jobs. I see private own companies repaving roads

Since obama has taken over, the violence in both have increased dramatically. Troop morale is tanking, suicides are expected to be the most ever.
Quote:
Really how is this obama fault.

Eh...no. They will repay some of what they owe....with more taxpayer dollars, while posting a $1.2 BILLION dollar loss.
Quote:
link please or are you one of the board members.

Who cares about FP? I thought he would be resetting all these endangered relationships? Well, he has. We are now the doormat, laughing stock of the world, weak and subservient to the other powers. They are walking all over him. It is a truly embarrassing situation.
Quote:
Because cheney said so

The only thing it did was take from car sales next year, while costing the taxpayer approx $24,000/car. I guess if you're not a taxpayer, you like that.
Quote:
Since you have this crystal ball,see how many cars will be sold next year

Obama and his team have had 10 months to prepare for this flu season. meanwhile, he declared a national emergency with no vaccine to be found.
Quote:
I see national emergency is to be careful and keep yourself safe

Gee, that's not what Rahm declared in 2005/2006. He said the governors races they won in VA and NJ were indicative of national policies and the man in the WH. Winning those two states was HUGE, even more so in NJ, simply amazing.

No. I'm on the side of HC reform that actually reforms something and focuses on the problems within the system, which a government run PO would only exacerbate. The problems do not justify a government takeover.
Quote:
It's a government choice
The CBO told us in Jan 2009 that the recession would end late 2009/early 2010 WITHOUT government intervention (stimulus). So far, we have lost 3 million jobs on his watch and wasted another trillion on a failed stimulus that in no way, shape or form is doing anything it was intended to do.
You realize we were losing jobs before Obama took office.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Egad...there is something that you are worse at than economics. In case you hadn't noticed, the age of American triumphalism that never actually existed other than in PNAC minds has been most decisively brought to a close by Iraq and the US-inspired global economic crisis. We will never be the domineering sole superpower that right-wingers had so wanted us to be. We are a mere major player, needing to assure other major players old and new that we understand how the new world works and are prepared and can be trusted now to play the cooperation card, not that of unilateral domination. It may take you a few years to catch up with these developments, I guess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies