Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 08:10 AM

173 posts, read 364,563 times

Advertisements

Blue States Exodus - Pesquisa do Google=

I see liberals flooding North Carolina , Florida , Texas , Louisiana , Tennesse , Kentucky , Utah and other states

Are conservatives invading New York , Washington D.C. , California , Oregon and what not ?

Since liberals are destroying states can conservatives go to the destroyed states and reconstruct it ?

It seems there are more conservatives in New York , California , Washington D.C. and other places and they are growing

Are they reconstructing those places ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
No, the conservatives are too busy fighting off the liberals that moved to those conservative states to prevent those states from going under.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:53 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, the conservatives are too busy fighting off the liberals that moved to those conservative states to prevent those states from going under.
Good one.

Like their leader Obama, everything they touch is about to go bankrupt.

Libs love to write those bouncing rubber checks ya know.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:25 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia12345678910 View Post
Blue States Exodus - Pesquisa do Google=

I see liberals flooding North Carolina , Florida , Texas , Louisiana , Tennesse , Kentucky , Utah and other states

Are conservatives invading New York , Washington D.C. , California , Oregon and what not ?

Since liberals are destroying states can conservatives go to the destroyed states and reconstruct it ?

It seems there are more conservatives in New York , California , Washington D.C. and other places and they are growing

Are they reconstructing those places ?
People mainly go where the jobs are, now. However, the elephant in the living room is the big number of baby boomers reaching retirement age who aren't going to want to live where they are taxed up their hoohas and the cost of living skyrockets to pay for all of the "social justice/green" urban programs. They don't have to live where the jobs are, like 25 - 55 year olds and they will leave. Joining them, fleeing the big cities, will be richer people who provide jobs and are sick of having it socked to them as in, "let's sock it to the rich" and who can afford to live anywhere they want to live. The retirees leaving will be the types that still subscribe to newspapers so expect an even worse decline in subscription rates and many urban newspapers going out of business...well, except for government run publications.

Then, you have to think of telecommuting/working from home taking a bigger spot in the lives of 25 - 55 year olds. Heck, some of them are living with mom and dad now rather than give up creature comforts in favor of independence. Working from home in the burbs and rural areas, they might not HAVE TO live in cities to do their white collar jobs so maybe they won't. After all, once they start making some, I bet they'll like to hold onto the money they earned, too.

Then with all of the urban programs liberals love, and the rich and retirees fleeing, the younger adults telecommuting, who's going to be left to pay the the city taxes to support all of those city laws, rules and regulations, union worker wages and social programs?

I know people predict people moving back to the cities. I suspect that comes from some city person's head. I see it going the other way...unless the federal government pushes itself in places it doesn't belong...and isn't that what's happening now?

I feel sorry for you now 25 year olds. You are being sold a bill of goods. You are going to lose your freedoms one by one and you are going to pay for "the pleasure" of doing it and you don't even know it's happening to you because you've been manipulated by your teachers, the media, the arts and your government.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
What's really disgusting is how the liberals show up because they can't find jobs or don't like the high taxes in their own states and start looking around and criticizing the lack of liberal programs after they arrive.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:03 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times
Spot on malamute. We see that alot in the Austin,Tx threads. We had a few bemoaning the fact that there weren't unions all over the place down here just a few days ago.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:05 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
I live in an area that the has a HUGE retirement population. Most people say they moved here from the north due to high taxes.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:09 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Seems like all the conservative people hate it in California & leave. I don't think conservatives are moving here.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:11 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
I thought all the conservatives moved to Montana when the state promised to secede.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:12 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Spot on malamute. We see that alot in the Austin,Tx threads. We had a few bemoaning the fact that there weren't unions all over the place down here just a few days ago.
LOL a conservative in Austin Texas is about as rare as a passenger pigeon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies