Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 04:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
If it proves to be true that she battered him, ripping up his face, then assaulted him with an object used as a weapon, I hope she's charged and forced to attend anger management classes at a minimum. She should also be sentenced to at least a year's probation, with the threat of jail if she re-offends.

Women seem to have this idea that violence is an appropriate response to cheating spouses. It's cheered when portrayed on television and in film. I find it outrageously appalling and look forward to the day when it's treated exactly the same as when men beat on their wives or girlfriends. For a recent celebrity example, just look to Rhianna & Chris Brown. Tiger's physical injuries might not be as dramatic, but the circumstances are exactly the same, with only the genders of the perpetrator and victim reversed.
I agree with you but it is not likely that most men will file charges against a woman especially if they did something to lead to the outburst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 09:52 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times
News, Tiger Woods, Wife Dodging Investigators?

Hold that Tiger? More like find that Tiger.

Florida State Troopers can't seem to get a hold of Tiger Woods to discuss his car accident Friday morning.

Tiger Woods, Wife Dodging Investigators? - E! Online

Old 11-28-2009, 10:04 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Crouching Dragon, Hidden Tiger.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:13 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jill61 View Post
crouching dragon, hidden tiger.

bwahahahahaha!!!!!!

Old 11-28-2009, 10:29 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
If it proves to be true that she battered him, ripping up his face, then assaulted him with an object used as a weapon, I hope she's charged and forced to attend anger management classes at a minimum. She should also be sentenced to at least a year's probation, with the threat of jail if she re-offends.
Well, so long as marriage remains a legal contract, then married people who cheat should have their genitals rendered inoperable for probationary periods as well. LOL

Quote:
Women seem to have this idea that violence is an appropriate response to cheating spouses.
Its not appropriate, but I understand.

Quote:
I find it outrageously appalling and look forward to the day when it's treated exactly the same as when men beat on their wives or girlfriends.
Its not the same. A woman hitting a man usually is nowhere near the intensity of a man hitting a woman. Not even close.

Quote:
For a recent celebrity example, just look to Rhianna & Chris Brown. Tiger's physical injuries might not be as dramatic, but the circumstances are exactly the same, with only the genders of the perpetrator and victim reversed.
Both instances are technically wrong, but I have sympathy for Tiger Woods wife and none for Chris Brown-aside from the fact that he's a stupid kid-and that should be taken into account. This shouldnt haunt him for the rest of his life if he's truly reformed.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:48 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Its not the same. A woman hitting a man usually is nowhere near the intensity of a man hitting a woman. Not even close.
Absolute, utter BUNK. Tell that to men who are beaten up by women in relationships. You apparently have no idea what a pissed off woman is capable of. And the damage she can cause is often worsened by the fact that battered men are reluctant to defend themselves, let their abuser cry victim to the police. And you can take it to the bank, that happens all the time with battered men.
Quote:
Domestic violence befalls mostly women, but men are victims, too.

WebMD Feature

More than 830,000 men fall victim to domestic violence every year, which means every 37.8 seconds, somewhere in America a man is battered, according to the National Violence Against Women Survey. While more than 1.5 million women are also victims, everyone -- no matter their sex --deserves help.

"Domestic violence is not about size, gender, or strength," says Jan Brown, executive director and founder of the Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men. "It's about abuse, control, and power, and getting out of dangerous situations and getting help, whether you are a woman being abused, or a man."

. . .

Another distinguishing factor is that while women who are abused are more likely to be pushed or shoved, beat up, or threatened with a gun, the women who do the abusing are more likely to throw something, kick or bite, hit with an object, threaten with a knife, or actually use a knife, according to the National Violence Against Women Survey.

http://www.webmd.com/balance/feature...r-battered-men
In this case, it appears as if the b!!ch used a golf club as her weapon of choice. She could've killed him with one well-placed swing.

It further validates my claim above:
Quote:
"There is no national data on average arrest rates for women in domestic disputes," says Cook. "My best guess is that it's about 20%. But we do know anecdotally that there are many men who, when the police arrive, clearly have the most serious injury, clearly when interviewed separately indicate the female started it, and nonetheless, the man gets arrested. This does indeed happen."

Last edited by Jill61; 11-28-2009 at 10:57 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 07:50 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
I know it's not at all funny but I have this mental pictue of Tigers angry wife chasing after the retreating car brandishing a golf club.

I think the reason that we have heard nothing from the Woods camp is that there probably is something untoward going on, and is assembling his publicity team to deal with it. I'm not trying to diss the local police force here, but leaks happen, especially on a case involving high profile celebrities, and I think he is just being cautious.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
I hope Mr. Woods is doing well. This is a weird story though. How do you get injured so bad backing out of your driveway?

Speedy recovery Tiger, you're a good man.
Angry wife with a golf club is how.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why are famous people so stupid to cheat...they have money and Tiger had a prenup, so he can divorce and move on.

I wonder if he will press charges for dometic battery and he will get charged for not wearing a seatbelt...and being STUPID!
Exactly. I think cheating in marriage actually has something to do with wanting to torment and emotionally abuse the cheated on spouse.

These triangles very often become volatile, but there is no reason at all for them. People can divorce when they fall out of love, have a cooling off period before they start up some sexual fling.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:07 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. I think cheating in marriage actually has something to do with wanting to torment and emotionally abuse the cheated on spouse.

These triangles very often become volatile, but there is no reason at all for them. People can divorce when they fall out of love, have a cooling off period before they start up some sexual fling.
Both men and women cheat in marriage but they do it for different reasons. Men do it, well, because they're men and lots of men just like variety. No commitment, just the temporary hookup. Women do it because they seek an emotional fulfillment they aren't getting from their marriages.

Just generalizing and not condoning it for anyone.......

C'mon, Tiger, the world is waiting for your explanation!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies