Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 06:43 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Asian Disaster Trip, Iran, Russia, Honduras and the Middle East issue he has bungled are all examples of that "smart power" obama talked about in the campaign.

You mean Bubba, as he was leaving office tried desperately to get a peace deal? Arafat, his buddy, spit in his face.
Good Evening,

Unfortunately for the American people it is becoming "Painfully & Shockingly Clear" that the President of our beloved nation is without a shadow of a doubt in "Way Over His Head" in this capacity.

And yet the greatest tragedy of all regarding this unbelievably dire situation may well be that it's not entirely all the Presidents fault !

The "Liberal Democrats" sold their "Bill Of Good's All Too Well" regarding their "Promise Me The Moon" for a vote campaign !!!

And as we well know so many unsuspecting folks both young and old voted for this President without regard for the facts that they were elected a "Jr. Senator " with so little political and leadership experience
it's truly "Frightening" !

For the remaining years of the Presidents term of office ..... "May We Hope For The Best" ... "And Yet Prepare For The Worst" !

Good Luck to All Of Us ! And May We Someday Soon Finally Rebuild America's House !

Thanks / Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 06:57 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If you're referring to Carter, had he stood his ground in Iran in 1979, we would have avoided the five wars that followed...
There's a limit to how many times I personally am going to invest time in debunking your barf-o version of history. Besides. I was referring to Clinton as other people seemed able to figure out.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Good Evening,

Unfortunately for the American people it is becoming "Painfully & Shockingly Clear" that the President of our beloved nation is without a shadow of a doubt in "Way Over His Head" in this capacity.

And yet the greatest tragedy of all regarding this unbelievably dire situation may well be that it's not entirely all the Presidents fault !

The "Liberal Democrats" sold their "Bill Of Good's All Too Well" regarding their "Promise Me The Moon" for a vote campaign !!!

And as we well know so many unsuspecting folks both young and old voted for this President without regard for the facts that they were elected a "Jr. Senator " with so little political and leadership experience
it's truly "Frightening" !

For the remaining years of the Presidents term of office ..... "May We Hope For The Best" ... "And Yet Prepare For The Worst" !

Good Luck to All Of Us ! And May We Someday Soon Finally Rebuild America's House !

Thanks / Lamar
Good post.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:03 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Good post.
Lamar's other posts are just as good...

Old 11-28-2009, 07:06 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Gee Saggy, I guess if you were Jewish and hate the Jews, that would make you one interesting character. Cultural suicide, anyone? It is obvious that you are anti-semitic, like most liberals, and are opposed to a Jewish state in thier homeland. Too bad. I guess the UN was just full of crap when facilitating the establishment of Israel after ww2.
The UN didn't do that. The UN proposed a partition, it was rejected, a war started, and they mainly got the hell out of the way (although not to the extent that it kept diplomat Folke Bernadotte from being murdered by Jewish terrorists.) Israel was not admitted to the UN until May, 1949 AFTER the cease-fire, and only then on the explicit agreement that it would implement UN Resolution 194 (i.e. repatriate Arab refugees, which it still hasn't done.)

BTW don't you guys hate the UN anyway?

Old 11-28-2009, 07:16 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
There's a limit to how many times I personally am going to invest time in debunking your barf-o version of history. Besides. I was referring to Clinton as other people seemed able to figure out.
I guess your refusal to defend Carter is an admission that he is the father of Islamic extremism in our time. By facilitating the return of the Ayatolloah from Paris, your man, Jimmy, has been the seed of Islamic fanatacism and the root of thier rise in the last 40 years. Thanks Jimmy! Saggy, what do you suppose would have happened if Jimmy would have worked to establish a democracy in Iran after the Shah, rather than a radical fundamentalist government? The world would have been a much safer place.

Act 2- We now have Jimmy Carter 2 (Obama) at the helm, and can expect further "intelligent" foriegn policy acts. Obama has already granted the Iranians the bomb, insuring nuclear war in the mideast in the next ten years. As Carter before him, an incompetent president has consequences that far outreach our borders.

Incompetence kills- impeach Obama

Old 11-28-2009, 07:21 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The UN didn't do that. The UN proposed a partition, it was rejected, a war started, and they mainly got the hell out of the way (although not to the extent that it kept diplomat Folke Bernadotte from being murdered by Jewish terrorists.) Israel was not admitted to the UN until May, 1949 AFTER the cease-fire, and only then on the explicit agreement that it would implement UN Resolution 194 (i.e. repatriate Arab refugees, which it still hasn't done.)

BTW don't you guys hate the UN anyway?
Hey, the UN facilitated the creation of Israel. Do I hate the UN? Of course! But that is the modern UN after 1959. They had some backbone and sense of ethics prior to that.

Again, did you liberals want to just gas the Jews who survived the holocaust and end the "Jewish problem" forever? So much for compassion and tolerance. Hating the Jews is just what you do, which is consistent with the liberal stance of supporting evil around the world.

Ayatollah and Islamic extremism - good

Israel- bad

What is wrong with you people?

Old 11-28-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks Jimmy! Saggy, what do you suppose would have happened if Jimmy would have worked to establish a democracy in Iran after the Shah, rather than a radical fundamentalist government? The world would have been a much safer place.
Do you have any idea what in the hell you are saying? Were you even alive in 1979?

Do you have any citation from anyone, anywhere--even a right-wing news source--documenting the claim that Carter preferred a "radical fundamentalist government" to a "democracy" (even going on your premise that Carter was omnipotent and could write other countries' constitutions to order)?

Old 11-28-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Hey, the UN facilitated the creation of Israel. Do I hate the UN? Of course! But that is the modern UN after 1959. They had some backbone and sense of ethics prior to that.
1959? Does that year signify anything specific or did you pull it out of thin air like you pull your information about Palestine?

Quote:
Again, did you liberals want to just gas the Jews who survived the holocaust and end the "Jewish problem" forever? So much for compassion and tolerance. Hating the Jews is just what you do, which is consistent with the liberal stance of supporting evil around the world.
(Yawn.)

Quote:
Ayatollah and Islamic extremism - good
I'd like you to find a pro-"Ayatollah" quote by any liberal here, going back all the way through the archives. If you want to stop searching after the first 5000 hits, I'll understand and we'll consider it a draw.

Quote:
Israel- bad
Israel--invading, colonizing thieves, yeah, that's bad I guess

Old 11-28-2009, 08:04 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Please. His liberal interpretations of fiduciary responsibility have no bearing at all on what Arafat should or should not have done in 2000,
Arafat robs millions from the people who entrusted him and you aptly note his "liberal" interpretation of ethics and morals. Finally, a truthful post and a Freudian slip in one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies