Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 11:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
what kind of democrats? liberal, conservative, MODERATE
When did that become important? Liberals lump all Republicans together so why should we seperate Democrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 11:20 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well certainly they are a forced to be reckoned with. You know they were getting public funds and considered mains.... oh wait a minute.

You are right ACORN and the Klan are the opposite sides of the same coin. However the right consigns the lunatic fringe to the dustbin of history while the left embraces theirs.
a force to be reckoned with lol. a bunch of **** ants with sno cone masks.
you forgot the council of conservative citizens, aka white citizens council. all the same to me. not my fault you bit the bait stupidly. if you were smart enough you would have ignored the ku klux klowns and used COCC which receives money and has had the likes such as Jesse helms, lee atwater among others support them

COCC vs ACORN
Haliburton vs ACORN
BLACK WATER VS ACORN

TAKE YOUR PICK

Old 11-28-2009, 11:25 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
a force to be reckoned with lol. a bunch of **** ants with sno cone masks.
you forgot the council of conservative citizens, aka white citizens council. all the same to me. not my fault you bit the bait stupidly. if you were smart enough you would have ignored the ku klux klowns and used COCC which receives money and has had the likes such as Jesse helms, lee atwater among others support them

COCC vs ACORN
Haliburton vs ACORN
BLACK WATER VS ACORN

TAKE YOUR PICK
Are you familiar with sarcasim? You ought to be careful what libel you spread you do know that posters can be sued for making untrue statements such as yours.

Now as I said the right consigns thier lunatic fringe to the dustbin of history and the left embraces theirs. You, my friend are the one who compared ACORN to the KKK and I whole heartedly agreed. It seems you are the one who fell into a trap. So sad.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When did that become important? Liberals lump all Republicans together so why should we seperate Democrats?
not true, moderates in the republican party have no real voice....everything republican you hear is conservative, CONSERVATIVE THIS AND OR THAT. Reagan even said he want to keep the republican party CONSERVATIVE THAT WAS HIS AGENDA NO MORE JOINERS

republicans for some reason do not have the IQ to notice that there are various wings in the democrat party. and many of these same ppl think they were never liberal republicans either but the only time it suits them to say anything is when there is an issue those 2 wings don't agree on with the liberals then they start to notice them. I even had a convo with someone who didnt think there are CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS still today he knows that southern conservative democrats ran the party up to the late 60's but that is no more.

like the tea party movements lol, there are those who say it isnt a partisan thing and that there are democrats and republicans in that, but at the same time among those tea partiers you got some republicans saying democrats this democrats that in foul language. does that make sense? NO
Think how jackie robinson felt, who was a republican didnt want to support the democrats and went to republican rally only to get insulted and taunted(and becme independent because of it. people dont think.

and its fact that if your a democrat your a liberal..they do it on fox news they use liberal and democrat interchangeably as someone said to me its a way of dumbfounding down and or controlling how people think.

it was one of the reasons why i asked people does party(D, R, L) or ideology(LIBERAL,CONSERVATIVE) matter most and many said ideology which was why there were some voters voting for the CONSERVATIVE PARTY CANDIDATE and not the LIBERAL REPUBLICAN.

bottom line you have to seperate democrats there are different wings and there conflicts with bills etc. the health care bill conservative and moderate democrats got recognition other than that THERE ALL LIBERALS TO CONSERVATIVES

what matters to you, party or ideas

Last edited by city414; 11-28-2009 at 11:39 AM..

Old 11-28-2009, 11:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
The Dems on the long slide to home plate. Soon to be called, safe.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
not true, moderates in the republican party have no real voice....everything republican you hear is conservative, CONSERVATIVE THIS AND OR THAT.
Then explain why Republicans have so many moderates in office, or presidential candidates?

Old 11-28-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then explain why Republicans have so many moderates in office, or presidential candidates?
do these candidates get elected NO. you can ask anyone, Republicans today somewhat =conservative

if a moderate/liberal republican vs a republican conservative who will win?
FOX NEWS WILL BACK THE CONSERVATIVE HANDS DOWN AND U KNOW THIS

CONSERVATIVES RUN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY RIGHT NOW hence the term right wing there are no middle of the road shows anywhere

OK i'll give you 1 -1/2 wing of the party, Moderates usually see things from both sides not one

Old 11-28-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Are you familiar with sarcasim? You ought to be careful what libel you spread you do know that posters can be sued for making untrue statements such as yours.

Now as I said the right consigns thier lunatic fringe to the dustbin of history and the left embraces theirs. You, my friend are the one who compared ACORN to the KKK and I whole heartedly agreed. It seems you are the one who fell into a trap. So sad.
Try Again......Didnt read ur post with sarcasm. which statements are untrue?

Old 11-28-2009, 11:54 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
not true, moderates in the republican party have no real voice....everything republican you hear is conservative, CONSERVATIVE THIS AND OR THAT. Reagan even said he want to keep the republican party CONSERVATIVE THAT WAS HIS AGENDA NO MORE JOINERS

republicans for some reason do not have the IQ to notice that there are various wings in the democrat party. and many of these same ppl think they were never liberal republicans either but the only time it suits them to say anything is when there is an issue those 2 wings don't agree on with the liberals then they start to notice them. I even had a convo with someone who didnt think there are CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS still today he knows that southern conservative democrats ran the party up to the late 60's but that is no more.

like the tea party movements lol, there are those who say it isnt a partisan thing and that there are democrats and republicans in that, but at the same time among those tea partiers you got some republicans saying democrats this democrats that in foul language. does that make sense? NO
Think how jackie robinson felt, who was a republican didnt want to support the democrats and went to republican rally only to get insulted and taunted(and becme independent because of it. people dont think.

and its fact that if your a democrat your a liberal..they do it on fox news they use liberal and democrat interchangeably as someone said to me its a way of dumbfounding down and or controlling how people think.

it was one of the reasons why i asked people does party(D, R, L) or ideology(LIBERAL,CONSERVATIVE) matter most and many said ideology which was why there were some voters voting for the CONSERVATIVE PARTY CANDIDATE and not the LIBERAL REPUBLICAN.

bottom line you have to seperate democrats there are different wings and there conflicts with bills etc. the health care bill conservative and moderate democrats got recognition other than that THERE ALL LIBERALS TO CONSERVATIVES

what matters to you, party or ideas

In all the recent polls 40% of the people identified as conservative while only 20-22% (cannot remember the exact %) identified as liberal. If the Republicans want to start winning they better start representing conservatives and quit putting up RINOs. Liberals will vote for anything as long as it is Democrat. Most conservatives will not.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
In all the recent polls 40% of the people identified as conservative while only 20-22% (cannot remember the exact %) identified as liberal. If the Republicans want to start winning they better start representing conservatives and quit putting up RINOs. Liberals will vote for anything as long as it is Democrat. Most conservatives will not.
so in the sense that means conservatives are for idea more than they are for party? so these people shouldnt really be republicans but run as consrvatives correct

who are these people who are rhinos? i hear colin powell, condi, and now newt gingrinch.

i also been told by a few conservative republicans that they would vote for a true conservative democrat as well because of the conservatism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies