Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2009, 11:07 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,058,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Jug View Post
You obviously weren't around in the Carter years, and haven't been paying attention to Lil' Hussein Obama.
You obviously were not aware that The Bush Crime Family lied us into a very devastating and expensive war, while ignoring one that might have been over by now. Amazing that you missed all of that. Were you in a coma?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 11:54 AM

22,140 posts, read 19,369,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Care to elaborate?

Admittedly, the 95% tax is an exaggeration. For the moment.

Part of the health care bill (assuming it isn't dropped somewhere along the line) is that you WILL buy health insurance, whether you can afford it or not, or pay a fine that you can't afford, or go to prison. It's in the bill.

Also in the bill (assuming it isn't dropped somewhere along the line) is a semi-annual MANDATED health "screening," which is CLEARLY unconstitutional. But why let the constitution stand in the way?

Now, Where's the lie?
Of course a bold faced lie, YET AGAIN, because you will have subsidies available to you if you can't afford to buy insurance.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:01 PM

25,429 posts, read 18,548,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Of course a bold faced lie, YET AGAIN, because you will have subsidies available to you if you can't afford to buy insurance.
You call it what you want. I call it being a ward of the state and sponging off others. I want no part of it. All I want is freedom. That seems to be too much to ask for these days.

Live free or die.

By the way, you may want to research what is actually in the bill. You may change your tune. The thing the kumbaya folks keep sidestepping is that this is a MANDATED measure. It doesn't matter if it's the best deal in the history of the universe, it's still mandated. And that's still forbidden in the constitution. Burn the constitution, then you'll be fine.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:07 PM

14 posts, read 74,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
She has nothing to hide, bold, likable, smart, willing to drill, not into spending, lower taxes, more border patrol, bring all military home, and bring gold back to $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to call b.s. on this. She never said she is bringing the troops home. In fact, she said the opposite and doesn't want our fallen troops to have died in vain. She is a war monger and believes in the war.

Palin's unpopularity had little to do with her political issues. It has everything to do with her self-righteous attitude and arrogance. People liked her prior to McCain nominating her because they didn't know her and assumed she was a smart capable and tough conservative woman. When she spoke, she irritated a lot of people including conservatives and came off as being judgemental and too sassy. Conservatives don't want to admit this and try to depict her as a victim but deep down they know what I'm saying is true. If Palin was a little more humble and not as dramatic, she would have been really popular. She ruined her own image.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahomabound View Post
It has everything to do with her self-righteous attitude and arrogance.
And the person in office now is NOT self-righteous and arrogant? Gotta love double standards.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:12 PM

22,140 posts, read 19,369,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You call it what you want. I call it being a ward of the state and sponging off others. I want no part of it. All I want is freedom. That seems to be too much to ask for these days.

Live free or die.

By the way, you may want to research what is actually in the bill. You may change your tune.
I have researched what is in the bill. It is evident from your comments that you have relied on right wing talking points rather than what is in the bill. As far as sponging off others, if you do not have insurance and suddenly get sick or something serious happens and you can't afford treatment, do you think you should forgo treatment and just die?

Old 12-25-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
do you think you should forgo treatment and just die?
Yes, that's exactly right, provided it's the will of the individual. Actually, let me rephrase that: they should have the RIGHT to do so if they wish. The thing you don't understand is that different folks have different philosophies about life, health, and healing. This bill flagrantly disregards those rights--the types of rights that the founding fathers wished to protect (the rights of the minority).

It doesn't matter how crazy you think it is, there are those who refuse modern medicine to one degree or another. Sometimes completely. That IS their right and it has been held up by the courts time and time again. This bill tramples those rights. That is my biggest beef with this bill (among other things). If the bill did not trample those rights and actually allowed this minority to opt out of a system they would never use, I wouldn't be so huffy about the whole thing.

Since you've read it and you know all about it, maybe you can shed some light on this. I've been told different things by different research sources. And I'll be damned if I can find it in the thousands of pages of pork. Here's the question for you: Is there a clause in this 'bill' that allows opting out of the system on religious/philosophical grounds? If there isn't, based on past court cases, this bill could easily be shown to be unconstitutional.

What's your answer to that? I don't want to hear how crazy people who feel that way are. It doesn't matter. It is their right.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:31 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,558,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"No one" ???

Please provide proof of that statement.

SOME really backwards, drooling, misogynists may not want "a woman" as president but intelligent people would want the BEST PERSON to be President.

If ya want to play "sexism by the bucketload" ...then let's look at all the past MALE presidents and see what shape this country is in now.
The proof would be in the fact that they were unsuccessful in their attempt. You and I don't matter, the people in power, that have actual influence, aren't going to let that happen.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I doubt this, because if it were'nt for Obama, Hillary probably would have won.
You mean if Obama hadn't run, and it was just McCain vs. Hillary Clinton?

McCain would have won then.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That didn't derail her because she was not running for president.
It derailed McCain--because she was riding the same train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies