Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:43 PM

63 posts, read 426,648 times

Advertisements

I just don't get how a country with the worst human rights records in history can critisize China.

I think America is scared or something and wants to put a military base in Tibet or something.

I mean 50 yrs go a Black man couldnt even eat lunch in the same restaurant. Blacks were lynched, slavery etc. Now dont tell me this is the past, cause racial profiling is still going on.

Britain, Spain basically raped/ robbed Asia/ Afria/ Latin-America.

I mean IF you got balls, why even attend the opening ceremony ofthe olympics??? I mean you say one thing, next day I see you chillin' with President Hu.

Also if you don't want them to host it, why even award the games to them.

so yea pls explain me their real agenda, cause I'm getting confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 07:06 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBoi View Post
I just don't get how a country with the worst human rights records in history can critisize China.
Are you saying the USA has a worst human rights record than China?

Old 08-20-2008, 07:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
I'll just say it. Who cares? None of our business. If you feel strongly about it boycott chinese products. DON'T buy made in China. Our nose is too long as it is. Here is an idea how about we mend our own fences before worrying about someone elses.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Does this mean you are not going to watch the 2012 Olympics in London?

Old 08-20-2008, 11:41 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,229,878 times
Quote:

I think America is scared or something and wants to put a military base in Tibet or something.

I mean 50 yrs go a Black man couldnt even eat lunch in the same restaurant. Blacks were lynched, slavery etc. Now dont tell me this is the past, cause racial profiling is still going on.

Japan Literally Raped China.

I mean IF you got balls, why even attend the opening ceremony ofthe olympics??? I mean you say one thing, next day I see you chillin' with President Hu.

Also if you don't want them to host it, why even award the games to them.

so yea pls explain me their real agenda, cause I'm getting confused.
I agree. The people who are whining about the Human Rights "Violations" perhaps need to do side by side comparisons with how they live their own lives and how the people they criticize live theirs.

Who is watching Human Rights Watch?

Deep down inside, many of us do remember this ugly part of History and deny our part in current crappy behavior. It is like a bully who grows up ashamed of what he has done in crippling his victims. Instead of apologizing, he conveniently forgets his bullying and instead focuses on the victims' shortcomings.

Still a bully?

Last edited by Bob The Builder; 08-21-2008 at 12:49 AM..

Old 08-21-2008, 06:41 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
I agree. The people who are whining about the Human Rights "Violations" perhaps need to do side by side comparisons with how they live their own lives and how the people they criticize live theirs.

Who is watching Human Rights Watch?

Deep down inside, many of us do remember this ugly part of History and deny our part in current crappy behavior. It is like a bully who grows up ashamed of what he has done in crippling his victims. Instead of apologizing, he conveniently forgets his bullying and instead focuses on the victims' shortcomings.

Still a bully?
Those of us who criticize China getting the Olympics are not blind to our own shortcomings. But China is by far the most brutal, repressive abuser of human rights on the planet today. Openly Communist, openly censoring free expression, openly cracking down on religious and political protests, supporting the most evil regimes on the planet, both with money and weapons. America is FAR from perfect, but we're nowhere near this bad, and to give the Olympics to a country like this is like giving it to Saddam's Iraq, to put it in terms that conservatives might understand.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
Those of us who criticize China getting the Olympics are not blind to our own shortcomings. But China is by far the most brutal, repressive abuser of human rights on the planet today. Openly Communist, openly censoring free expression, openly cracking down on religious and political protests, supporting the most evil regimes on the planet, both with money and weapons. America is FAR from perfect, but we're nowhere near this bad, and to give the Olympics to a country like this is like giving it to Saddam's Iraq, to put it in terms that conservatives might understand.
I thought the left accuses America of the exact same thing or worse. But you are excusing the USA because of degree of abuse? So if China is worse than the USA then jump on China? I say clean up our own side of the street and lead by example.

The criticisms you make are vague and sound very chant like. Very slippery. Lacks credibility. Can you be specific?

Old 08-21-2008, 07:14 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,765 times
Quote:

Comparing between 50-200 years ago (or more) and today is just ignorant. Although there is still racial profiling, and there is still racism/sexism in America, any moron that thinks things are JUST as bad in American today needs to go live in China, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, or any other myriad countries (to include African) needs to go live there for a couple years.

We were bad 50 years (or more) ago... shame on us. We are still not perfect today, but far better than them. And the issues are TODAY'S issues.

As much as people posting in this forum are blaming the U.S. for far less crimes than those committed in countries I named above will never be satisfied.

Got a word for all of you that think we're as bad as them - emmigration!

That's what I thought.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Comparing between 50-200 years ago (or more) and today is just ignorant. Although there is still racial profiling, and there is still racism/sexism in America, any moron that thinks things are JUST as bad in American today needs to go live in China, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, or any other myriad countries (to include African) needs to go live there for a couple years.

We were bad 50 years (or more) ago... shame on us. We are still not perfect today, but far better than them. And the issues are TODAY'S issues.

As much as people posting in this forum are blaming the U.S. for far less crimes than those committed in countries I named above will never be satisfied.

Got a word for all of you that think we're as bad as them - emmigration!

That's what I thought.
Rath

Justo be clear:

Last week, I saw on CNN this white guy who got thrown out of China. His beef with China was that some other protester was arrested back in 1955 and put in Jail for 30 years. 1955!!!!

Is he a moron or ignorant in your book?

Old 08-21-2008, 07:54 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Rath

Justo be clear:

Last week, I saw on CNN this white guy who got thrown out of China. His beef with China was that some other protester was arrested back in 1955 and put in Jail for 30 years. 1955!!!!

Is he a moron or ignorant in your book?
I'll actually be reserved for this one. I think it speaks for itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies