Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 AM

418 posts, read 1,090,145 times

Advertisements

WOW, This is better reading than the Sunday funnies, and leave the Catholic Church out of it.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
The Bloody Borders of Islam.
Please name any other religion that has earned such a reputation.

I lived for many years in the southern Philippines. Had that close association.
Muslims are tolerable when in the minority. When ruled by strength and held at bay. But they will always push. Taking measure of government reach and desire. If not pushed back they will take that small gain and push again. Given time they will form an autonomous region displacing the government and treat remaining infidels to some of that good old muslim love.
Chop Chop
As for muslim communities and lifestyle. If your not muslim they don't really care to have you around.
In 1991, south of General Santos City, we passed the remains of a bus that had been attacked by muslims in their campaign for self rule. Someone needs to get on the phone and educate them on how to go about celebrating diversity. Better yet go down there and and straighten them out in person. I'm sure after you explain things ............
Careful kid, you're approaching the crux.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:01 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Lots of (hate)threads on CD about Islam and Muslims. Even as it relates to Mr. Obama someone mentions Islam.

Are you guys just scared of something you know nothing about. It's very clear that many of you DO NOT know anything about Islam.

What is it that you fear?
Short version. Muslims carry their hypocrisy to further extremes than the 3 other religions who worship the same God. Iran is a perfectly good example.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:08 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Lots of (hate)threads on CD about Islam and Muslims. Even as it relates to Mr. Obama someone mentions Islam.

Are you guys just scared of something you know nothing about. It's very clear that many of you DO NOT know anything about Islam.

What is it that you fear?

Whoa horsey!!....... HOW ABOUT ASKING WHY MUSLIMS HATE ANYBODY OR ANYTHING THAT AIN'T MUSLIM???

Why do they have cute little names for us like "infidels" etc......

Why is it punishable by death to convert to another religion if you are a Muslim??

Why are women treated as property in most Islamic countries?

So stop trying to put us on the witness stand and take a seat yourself.

WHAT IS IT THAT YOU FEAR??

Old 11-30-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Hmmm; Munich Olympics, airline and cruise ship hijackings and executions of passengers, suicide bombers, blowing up night clubs, blowing up passenger trains, blowing up buses, taking people hostage in a movie theater before blowing up the place, taking a school hostage and shooting children in the back as they run away before blowing themselves up, flying passenger jets into buildings and celebrating in the streets the deaths of about 3,000 Americans, taking over an American Embassy and holding the people hostage for more than a year, bombing two American Embassies, bombing a Marine Barracks, bombing Kobar Towers where American Air Force personel were inside, bombing the USS Cole, beheading an American journalist, beheading an American citizen, executing women of their own family for some imagined threat to their honor, allowing men to marry children, executing people they feel have insulted Islam, threatening the execution of people they feel have insulted Islam and so those people went into hiding or under police protection.

Did you miss anything??

Old 11-30-2009, 10:16 AM

731 posts, read 776,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
No, you do have that wrong. The klan and nazis may have christians in them, but I have yet to know of any wide spread christian sect that supports that type of ideology.

With the exception of fred phelps and I believe the skinheads have their own church.....but that is hardly the same as Iran or Saudia Arabia or Afghanistan or Egypt or the Sudan or...do I need to go on? A few nutjob churchs that are not officially recognized by any denomination vs millions if not billions of people who support such murderous theology?
Dont talk about Muslims, when Hitler who was a christian massacred 6,000,000 JEWS!!, so does that make me hate Christians? NO, what about the KKK who murdered blacks and jews, did that make me hate Christians? NO.

Now Al-qaeda is a terrorist organization they killed a lot of people, does that make me thing wrong about muslims in general? NO

Old 11-30-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Which reformation ru talking about? why are your troops killing, torturing and raping innocent muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan. Where is your religion of peace, what happend to helping out the poor people instead of massacring them?

Dont talk like you know what your talking about, because your soldiers are making their lives a living hell right now. Which muslim country are your troops going to head to next to commit the same evil acts?

Sadly a lot of muslims suffered enough in the hands of your troops, a lot of muslims in Afghanistan, and Iraq think about Christianity the same why you guys think about Islam.

First of all, the church is not on a military mission in Iraq....OUR ARMY IS!! Two different institutions!! The army is there to blow up stuff and break heads if need be! That happens in war. But half of those lives wouldn't be taken if not for Muslim terrorists using human shields of their own people.

When I see Muslims strapping their own children and retarded people with C4, I don't think they are in any position to talk about casualties that we kill as a by-product of using force.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:24 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times
Quote:
Dont talk about Muslims, when Hitler who was a christian massacred 6,000,000 JEWS!!, so does that make me hate Christians? NO, what about the KKK who murdered blacks and jews, did that make me hate Christians? NO.

Now Al-qaeda is a terrorist organization they killed a lot of people, does that make me thing wrong about muslims in general? NO
You're talking groups and individuals, not populations, multiple populations, as in millions upon millions.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:

So what did Hitler and Klansmen do that was "Christ-like"? How did they imitate Jesus?

Christian means "Follower of Christ".

So how did they act like the master? And if they did not, they are not His. Matthew 7:21-22

Jesus even gives the identifier of a true Christian:
34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Did the KKK and Hitler fit this profile?

Old 11-30-2009, 10:34 AM

731 posts, read 776,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So what did Hitler and Klansmen do that was "Christ-like"? How did they imitate Jesus?

Christian means "Follower of Christ".

So how did they act like the master? And if they did not, they are not His. Matthew 7:21-22

Jesus even gives the identifier of a true Christian:
34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Did the KKK and Hitler fit this profile?
Exactly, what did Bin Laden do that fitted with Islam since he murdered innocent people. Al-qaeda's acts are against the teachings of Islam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies