Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 10:42 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So what did Hitler and Klansmen do that was "Christ-like"? How did they imitate Jesus?

Christian means "Follower of Christ".

So how did they act like the master? And if they did not, they are not His. Matthew 7:21-22

Jesus even gives the identifier of a true Christian:
34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Did the KKK and Hitler fit this profile?
LOVE ONE ANOTHER. If you are a Christian maybe you start following Jesus`teachings.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
First off there are plenty here that hate and/or fear Muslims, threads talking about banning them from the service or even the country is proof enough. The problem for Muslims is a handfull of extremists are making all Muslims look bad. Extermists, no matter if there are of the Islamic, Christian or whatever faith are always dangerous and should be monitored by the communities they live in. Believe me if some Christians had their way this nation would look much like a Muslim nation, with extremists, tolerance is not the way. They speak of stoning as Muslim form of punishment, honest posters would have to admit that stoning was also practiced in the Old Testament, so was slavery, incest and wars of expansion to name a few other items covered in the Bible. Christians choose to ignore some of the more distastful parts of the Bible, just as most Muslims do with their Holy Book, it is the extremeist that want to lump everyone together to make them all evil, it is part of their own agenda. Thanfully we live in a nation were religon is yours to believe or not as you please and the government tries to stay at arms length when it comes to organized faiths. If we ever allowed the relious leaders in this nation to have a major roll in our government we would end up no different from the countries in the middle east that have allowed it to happen there. Could you invision what this nation would be like under someone like Fred Phelps, heck Iran would look like a liberal nation in comparsion.
Casper

Old 11-30-2009, 10:51 AM

392 posts, read 1,095,726 times
Most people hate without basis. They hate based on a bumper sticker slogan mentality and propaganda they have been fed. They are clueless about things, so they blanket everything the same and broad brush everything. They judge before they hold knowledge.

Remember this, before you stereotype and judge.......knowledge is power. Gain as much of it, about a subject before you draw a conclusion. It will make you a better person.

I am not Islamic and do not believe in, or follow any major organized religion. But I have done extensive readings on Muslims and Islam. I can say this about it. There is more the average America does not know or understand about Islam, then just about any other religion out there. And yet we call them our enemy? Which in fairness, they may very well be. But as the old adage goes, know your enemy and understand them. If we are calling Islam our "enemy" we lack even basic understanding about it.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:59 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Exactly, what did Bin Laden do that fitted with Islam since he murdered innocent people. Al-qaeda's acts are against the teachings of Islam
Quote:
Muhammad's example:

After two years in Medina, the Muslims were not fairing too well financially and that, combined with mild persecution, prompted a revelation to come to Muhammad permitting him to raid passing caravans. This he did and the Muslim financial problems were solved. Soon afterward, there was then a significant battle at Badr where Muhammad, with 350 men, defeated an army of 1,000 men. This boost gave confidence to the Muslims, encouraged more converts, and made the Quraish even more uneasy.
In the fifth year of the Hegira, the Quraish tried to destroy the Muslims but failed. By now the Muslims were too strong so the Quraish never again tried to defeat them. Muhammad then set his sights on Mecca. At one point in 628, Muhammad took 10,000 men and entered Mecca unchallenged. The leader of the Quraish converted to Islam.
http://www.carm.org/muhammad
This is the goal of Bin Laden. Force Islam on the world. No free will.....no choice.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:01 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
If we are calling Islam our "enemy" we lack even basic understanding about it.
Best thing, probably, is to just get them stoned on acid.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:02 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
LOVE ONE ANOTHER. If you are a Christian maybe you start following Jesus`teachings.

I do. But I'm no fool either. He didn't tell us to be. I'll reach out my hand. But don't try to cut it off!

Self-defense is permitted.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:09 AM

731 posts, read 776,416 times
Quote:
This is the goal of Bin Laden. Force Islam on the world. No free will.....no choice.
He sure cant do that today, thats why saudi arabia kicked him out of the country, thats why he pretty much got expelled from arabic countries. Because this thing happend long time ago. The same thing in your Bible, there are stories similar to that, but you cant really enforce it on people today because things change. This is pretty much like me hating on christianity because of the KKK. The KKK call themselves christians and they're rasict as f***, they even have their own rasict bibles, same with skinheads, Nazi party, etc. That dosent mean i hate Christianity because of these groups.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:15 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
He sure cant do that today, thats why saudi arabia kicked him out of the country, thats why he pretty much got expelled from arabic countries. Because this thing happend long time ago. The same thing in your Bible, there are stories similar to that, but you cant really enforce it on people today because things change. This is pretty much like me hating on christianity because of the KKK. The KKK call themselves christians and they're rasict as f***, they even have their own rasict bibles, same with skinheads, Nazi party, etc. That dosent mean i hate Christianity because of these groups.
The KKK is as representative of the REAL CHRISTIAN RELIGION as Sarah Palin is representative of REAL AMERICANS.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I do. But I'm no fool either. He didn't tell us to be. I'll reach out my hand. But don't try to cut it off!

Self-defense is permitted.
Self-defense is not what the US does in foreign countries. If you were a true follower of Jesus you must be against the US foreign policies.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The KKK is as representative of the REAL CHRISTIAN RELIGION as Sarah Palin is representative of REAL AMERICANS.
And just as Bin Laden is a representative of REAL MUSLIMS.

I personally wonder how many Muslims you know? I have several muslim friends, and there are just as western as I am but still believe in their God and follow their religion.
They do not sympathize with extremist, they go out and drink occasionally, they have relationships etc. Just like you and me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies