Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 04:11 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times

Advertisements

If they are extreme than they are not Muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Honestly, I actually have spent time in Muslim communities (and I'm not talking about the good 'ole USA either)

They pray more times than I can remember, and seemingly as long as they're awake. However, I'm not talking about these types. It's those damned extremists.

Like one of the poster's stated earlier, the extremists are the ones that turn my stomach. I cannot stand them on a level that may as well be hate. Some (not nearly all) of the Muslim communities are 'tolerant' of the extremists.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:12 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Go read the Qu'ran then you can talk to me about not fearing muslims.

Compare the New Testament and the teachings of the tolerant and loving Christ to the warring and murderous polygamist Muhammad. Then tell me about muslims.

There are six muslim countries today that have the legal punishment of certain crimes as being stoned to death, because that is in the Qu'ran. There was a woman stoned to death not long ago in Afghanistan.

The question shouldn't be why anyone wouldn't like muslims. You should ask yourself, why should anyway want them around? They do absolutely NO GOOD AT ALL for this country, and only cause problems and yes, they commit terrorism at a much much much higher rate than other religions.

I am sorry, but you are obviously buying into the ridiculous liberal idea that muslims are "just like us". Go educate yourself then come back and talk.

And don't even get me started on how they treat their women.
here i will do it for you!!!!!

Afghan women burn themselves to death to be heard - World - www.smh.com.au

Old 11-29-2009, 04:12 PM

418 posts, read 1,089,985 times
WHY, you must be kidding. Your not serious are you????

Old 11-29-2009, 04:14 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I have read the Quran, It's a historical text. Just like the bible.

What's the problem?

Did you compare the bible(especially the new testament) to the Qu'ran? Do you understand that the Qu'ran is the basis of Islam, and the Qu'ran is much more militaristic than the bible. Jesus preached love thy enemy. Muhammad preached, conquer thy enemy and convert them or kill them outright. And if you die in the name of allah you will get 72 virgins(fun) in heaven. Christ says when you die, you get eternal life as an angel(boring).

Later Muslims decided it wasn't in interest to kill off all non-believers so they started imposing a jizyah tax(a please don't kill me tax), and forced them to submit to muslims as their masters.

By the Qu'ran it is legal to have 6 wives, Muhammad had 13 wives, and one of his many wives was a child and yes, he consumated their marriage when she was 9. Women are sexual objects who have no rights, cannot go outside, must stay covered, and are stoned to death when they are raped by a man.

Go read more about Islam and explain to me why ANYONE would think Islam is the religion of peace and values.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:18 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Did you compare the bible(especially the new testament) to the Qu'ran? Do you understand that the Qu'ran is the basis of Islam, and the Qu'ran is much more militaristic than the bible. Jesus preached love thy enemy. Muhammad preached, conquer thy enemy and convert them or kill them outright.
Yes, but if this were true & everyone abided by these rules dictated by their own bibles, wouldn't all muslims, every single one of them, be out plotting death & mayhem? And by that same admission, wouldn't all christians truly love thy neighbor? There would be no judgment of others, no making laws about what someone can & can't do & no people killing others just because they don't agree w/what that person thinks or does.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:19 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,052 times
Islam is foreign to my country, foreign to my shore. Pretty simple pretext. You CAN understand that, can you not? Ron, are you a Muslim?

Old 11-29-2009, 04:19 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Ron, what do you think a muslim is? A muslim generally speaking would be someone who followed the teachings of Muhammad. And his beliefs come from the Qu'ran.

Extremists ARE MUSLIMS. They are true muslims. The muslims that you think are the true muslims, choose to ignore the Qu'ran and the teachings of Muhammad as impractical in the modern world. You should actually go read something before you make statements you obviously know nothing about.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:20 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Perhaps so, but because they associate with Islam (and seem to be the larger and more warlike extremists than other religion extremists) then their outspoken nature makes it seem like they actually 'speak' for the entire religion.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:23 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
I actually spent some time in a Muslim country (Saudi Arabia). I went there very ignorant about Islam but with a totally open mind about it. On the whole I was treated very well and with respect, by both the men and the women. Nevertheless, after having been exposed to what an Islamic country is like, I came back with a much greater appreciation for American freedoms than what I had when I first went there.

I think people have just become very wary of the potential danger they perceive Islam to be to this country. (Really, now, who can blame them, given what the jihadists have done around the world?) As always, it's the bad apples that spoil the rest of the barrel.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:25 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Lots of (hate)threads on CD about Islam and Muslims. Even as it relates to Mr. Obama someone mentions Islam.

Are you guys just scared of something you know nothing about. It's very clear that many of you DO NOT know anything about Islam.

What is it that you fear?
Many people believe that the radical extremists that the nightly news talks about are representative of Muslim religion and culture. The news sensationalizes this factor. This, coupled with the political wars that we are participating in Muslim countries causes uninformed people to be haters.

Intelligent, thoughtful people who understand the true meanings and teachings of Islam do not fear nor hate Muslims.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies