Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"
"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.' (Matthew 23:1-3)"

Jesus absolutely approved and commanded the following of the OT's Laws regarding apostates!

No Mrhman, this chapter of the bible is showing the hypocrisy of Judhaism at the time. "The Pharisees sit in Moses' seat", and tell you that you must obey them. But Jesus tells you not to do as the Pharisees do because they do not practice what they preach.

Jesus was opposed to the Jewish religion on many grounds, because he felt the Jewish faith had been corrupted, Jesus was trying to purify the faith, but did not want to abolish the laws of moses, but to fulfill what the laws were supposed to represent.

You should read all of the book of Matthew, then you would understand what he was saying in these passages. He complains about the hypocrites of the Jewish church who pray in the street for everyone to see. He said, you pray to god and god alone. There are many other things that Jesus did not agree with from the Jewish faith. And that is the premises of these scriptures.

Bible (King James)/Matthew - Wikisource

Old 11-30-2009, 08:29 PM

731 posts, read 776,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
[/color]

No Mrhman, this chapter of the bible is showing the hypocrisy of Judhaism at the time. "The Pharisees sit in Moses' seat", and tell you that you must obey them. But Jesus tells you not to do as the Pharisees do because they do not practice what they preach.

Jesus was opposed to the Jewish religion on many grounds, because he felt the Jewish faith had been corrupted, Jesus was trying to purify the faith, but did not want to abolish the laws of moses, but to fulfill what the laws were supposed to represent.

You should read all of the book of Matthew, then you would understand what he was saying in these passages. He complains about the hypocrites of the Jewish church who pray in the street for everyone to see. He said, you pray to god and god alone. There are many other things that Jesus did not agree with from the Jewish faith. And that is the premises of these scriptures.

Bible (King James)/Matthew - Wikisource
Do you know those christian people who visit non-christian houses and give out bibles and stuff like. One time they came to my house, and we talked for a bit, then they gave me a bible in arabic, in which i read it and i noticed it had some mistakes, like in some pages it would say stuff that are similar to the Quran and sometimes it would say stuff that is totally diffrent and don't make sense whatsoever from the other pages. So i was to understand it and read but i couldn't get into it.

How come these Egyptians execute their fellow Christians if they convert to Islam? Isnt attempting to murder someone who converts to another religion from christianity is forbidden.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Thats the Pakistani Taleban and i stand with you guys on that, i will never support them because of the acts they committed.
The sad thing is, I support the Pakistani Taliban in at least what they are doing in that article. Why in the hell are there Christians in Pakistan? Get out, the vast majority of the population does not want you there. The only reason the mainstream tolerate you is for economic gain. They need foreign investment so they make concessions. Have multiple cultures in a country does nothing but produce division and dislike. We should stop forcing other countries to be like us.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
The sad thing is, I support the Pakistani Taliban in at least what they are doing in that article. Why in the hell are there Christians in Pakistan? Get out, the vast majority of the population does not want you there. The only reason the mainstream tolerate you is for economic gain. They need foreign investment so they make concessions. Have multiple cultures in a country does nothing but produce division and dislike. We should stop forcing other countries to be like us.
Man they're horrible, you can't even compare them to the Afghani Taleban. The Afghani Taleban at least provided something helpful.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:38 PM

As for these Pakistani Christians, trust me they're used to the lifestyle of Muslims, they have honour killings and stuff similar to that, they could even execute a christian for converting to Islam they're strict, so when they move to the western countries they dont feel as comfortable because you can't compare them with the Christians who live in the west.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Do you know those christian people who visit non-christian houses and give out bibles and stuff like. One time they came to my house, and we talked for a bit, then they gave me a bible in arabic, in which i read it and i noticed it had some mistakes, like in some pages it would say stuff that are similar to the Quran and sometimes it would say stuff that is totally diffrent and don't make sense whatsoever from the other pages. So i was to understand it and read but i couldn't get into it.

How come these Egyptians execute their fellow Christians if they convert to Islam? Isnt attempting to murder someone who converts to another religion from christianity is forbidden.
This was kind of the basis of the Spanish Inquisition. The kind of catch 22 with the Christian church is that, you can become a heretic if you are a Christian that leaves the faith. But Christians cannot force non-christians to become christians.

In the Spanish inquisition, they told the non-christians to convert or leave the country. There were many that claimed to have converted to Christianity(90% were jews), so they wouldn't have to leave. But they quietly practiced their own religion. The trials were setup to judge the heretics. The problem is, no where in the bible does it say the punishment for heresy is death, only eternal damnation.

I don't quite understand the issues you had with the Christians. More likely than not they were either mormons or jehovah's witnesses. I don't know enough about those religious groups to have an opinion. But I know that mormons have their own book, called the book of mormon.

I have nothing against missionary work, but you should only go places you are welcomed.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
This was kind of the basis of the Spanish Inquisition. The kind of catch 22 with the Christian church is that, you can become a heretic if you are a Christian that leaves the faith. But Christians cannot force non-christians to become christians.

In the Spanish inquisition, they told the non-christians to convert or leave the country. There were many that claimed to have converted to Christianity(90% were jews), so they wouldn't have to leave. But they quietly practiced their own religion. The trials were setup to judge the heretics. The problem is, no where in the bible does it say the punishment for heresy is death, only eternal damnation.

I don't quite understand the issues you had with the Christians. More likely than not they were either mormons or jehovah's witnesses. I don't know enough about those religious groups to have an opinion. But I know that mormons have their own book, called the book of mormon.

I have nothing against missionary work, but you should only go places you are welcomed.
Ahha, thanks for the info bro.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:15 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
The sad thing is, I support the Pakistani Taliban
Quote:
Man they're horrible, you can't even compare them to the Afghani Taleban.
Taliban fan boys...

Old 11-30-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Taliban fan boys...
MAN I WILL REPEAT THIS AGAIN, IM NOT A SUPPORTER OF THE AFGHANI TALIBAN BUT IF WE HAD A GOVERNMENT THAT CARED ABOUT ITS CITIZENS AND LISTENED TO THEIR NEEDS THEN IM GOING TO SUPPORT THE GOVERNMENT BUT IF THE SAME SITUATION CONTINUES THEN I WILL SUPPORT THE TALIBAN.

Im sorry i typed in caps but i feel like no one understands.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:25 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
How can you win this war...
Because we are Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies