Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 11:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,790,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Well yah people would know about it but its within a compound.
So not open to the public.

Mosques aren't like that here are they?

Old 11-29-2009, 11:41 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,384,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Lots of (hate)threads on CD about Islam and Muslims. Even as it relates to Mr. Obama someone mentions Islam.

Are you guys just scared of something you know nothing about. It's very clear that many of you DO NOT know anything about Islam.

What is it that you fear?
Hmmm; Munich Olympics, airline and cruise ship hijackings and executions of passengers, suicide bombers, blowing up night clubs, blowing up passenger trains, blowing up buses, taking people hostage in a movie theater before blowing up the place, taking a school hostage and shooting children in the back as they run away before blowing themselves up, flying passenger jets into buildings and celebrating in the streets the deaths of about 3,000 Americans, taking over an American Embassy and holding the people hostage for more than a year, bombing two American Embassies, bombing a Marine Barracks, bombing Kobar Towers where American Air Force personel were inside, bombing the USS Cole, beheading an American journalist, beheading an American citizen, executing women of their own family for some imagined threat to their honor, allowing men to marry children, executing people they feel have insulted Islam, threatening the execution of people they feel have insulted Islam and so those people went into hiding or under police protection.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:42 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,502,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Baloney!

When is the last time a Christian strapped on a bomb only to run into a crowded restaurant to detonate it?

When is the last time America gave the Muslim government of Indonesia hundreds of millions to rebuild after a Tsunami? Opps, sorry bout that.
Right...because it's so much better when the IRA member doesn't risk his own life to be a terrorist...

Old 11-29-2009, 11:51 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,384,045 times
Celebrating when someone converts to Islam but executing a person who was Muslim and converts to another religion. That really speaks towards the "religion of peace".

Old 11-29-2009, 11:59 PM

10,801 posts, read 14,860,275 times
Quote:
I didnt say they raped anyone, and anyone who rapes it dosent matter if they're Muslim or Christian or whatever they believe in they should face harsh punishments.
Well, there's something we agree on.

I went back and checked, you are right and I apologize for my error.

But you did say:

Quote:
What happend to the 5,000 innocent Afghans who died in one month at the hands of the U.S. in 2001, what happend to the 200,000 innocents that got killed in Iraq.
200,000 innocents, perhaps, but you make it sound as if it were murder committed by American forces.

Seems to me you got more Shiites killing Sunnis and Sunnis killing Shiites than American forces killing anyone.

But it is sad to see non of this need ever happen but it did. It started in Afghanistan in the 80's when we so wrongfully backed Afghan's fighting the Soviet occupation. We should have minded our own business and left it all alone.

This was followed by Kuwait which hatched the second world trade center bombing and now we end up with this horrible mess.

With the world trade center Islam managed to leave its indelible mark on the psyche of the American public. It's simple, 19 men from Saudi Arabia hijacked four airplanes and managed to murder 3,000 Americans as Bin Ladin celebrated in Afghanistan.

Sorry about the invasion if it were up to me I would have found out where Bin Ladin was hiding and just nuked it leaving whatever Islamic charities there are in the middle east to clean up the mess.

What scares me most is you got this clergy running Iran that appears to be developing nukes and what really scares me is their belief God is on their side. It's insane but there you go.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:31 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,376,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Extremism- You mean the images/perception that CNN and other news outlets want you to see?

Or are you speaking from a perspective of actually having been involved with the Muslim communities and lifestyle?

If you were to spend time with the Muslim communities you'd probably feel much different.
The Bloody Borders of Islam.
Please name any other religion that has earned such a reputation.

I lived for many years in the southern Philippines. Had that close association.
Muslims are tolerable when in the minority. When ruled by strength and held at bay. But they will always push. Taking measure of government reach and desire. If not pushed back they will take that small gain and push again. Given time they will form an autonomous region displacing the government and treat remaining infidels to some of that good old muslim love.
Chop Chop
As for muslim communities and lifestyle. If your not muslim they don't really care to have you around.
In 1991, south of General Santos City, we passed the remains of a bus that had been attacked by muslims in their campaign for self rule. Someone needs to get on the phone and educate them on how to go about celebrating diversity. Better yet go down there and and straighten them out in person. I'm sure after you explain things ............

Old 11-30-2009, 06:15 AM

731 posts, read 773,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
200,000 innocents, perhaps, but you make it sound as if it were murder committed by American forces.

Seems to me you got more Shiites killing Sunnis and Sunnis killing Shiites than American forces killing anyone.

But it is sad to see non of this need ever happen but it did. It started in Afghanistan in the 80's when we so wrongfully backed Afghan's fighting the Soviet occupation. We should have minded our own business and left it all alone.

This was followed by Kuwait which hatched the second world trade center bombing and now we end up with this horrible mess.

With the world trade center Islam managed to leave its indelible mark on the psyche of the American public. It's simple, 19 men from Saudi Arabia hijacked four airplanes and managed to murder 3,000 Americans as Bin Ladin celebrated in Afghanistan.

Sorry about the invasion if it were up to me I would have found out where Bin Ladin was hiding and just nuked it leaving whatever Islamic charities there are in the middle east to clean up the mess.

What scares me most is you got this clergy running Iran that appears to be developing nukes and what really scares me is their belief God is on their side. It's insane but there you go.
Iran supported the U.S. for invading Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,197,413 times
Why do so many of you dislike Islam and Muslims?
OP > What is it that you fear?

So, your thread title inquires about dislike of Islam and Muslims but then you ask what is it that you fear?

I wouldn't be able to respond to the part about 'Islam and Muslims' but will say I have no dislike of Muslims. I do have a large dislike of Islam for its oppressive nature. Same for Catholicism and Christianity and Nazi's and bullies and... you get the idea. Oppression has no place in a well functioning society. If you are unaware of the oppressive nature of Islam then we have no further discussion here.

As for Islam, I have no fear of Allah, only those who think they can take advantage over others in his name. Same as with any other religion, those are the true sinners.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:47 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,797,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
I don't think it's that people dislike Islam and Muslims (as you say it).

It's just that extremism takes soooo much of the identity of the two that they almost become synonomous everytime someone mentions them.
OK, now......let's not forget the fundy christians!!! those folks are about as strange as it gets. Two of their stellar organizations are the Klan and the American Nazi Party. I don't suspect that any one religion has the market cornered on weirdness.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:00 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,594,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
OK, now......let's not forget the fundy christians!!! those folks are about as strange as it gets. Two of their stellar organizations are the Klan and the American Nazi Party. I don't suspect that any one religion has the market cornered on weirdness.

No, you do have that wrong. The klan and nazis may have christians in them, but I have yet to know of any wide spread christian sect that supports that type of ideology.

With the exception of fred phelps and I believe the skinheads have their own church.....but that is hardly the same as Iran or Saudia Arabia or Afghanistan or Egypt or the Sudan or...do I need to go on? A few nutjob churchs that are not officially recognized by any denomination vs millions if not billions of people who support such murderous theology?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies