Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:52 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times

Advertisements

Lots of (hate)threads on CD about Islam and Muslims. Even as it relates to Mr. Obama someone mentions Islam.

Are you guys just scared of something you know nothing about. It's very clear that many of you DO NOT know anything about Islam.

What is it that you fear?

Old 11-29-2009, 03:56 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
I don't think it's that people dislike Islam and Muslims (as you say it).

It's just that extremism takes soooo much of the identity of the two that they almost become synonomous everytime someone mentions them.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:58 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
I don't hate muslims or islam. I do hate the extremists & I do hate the people who take it too seriously & end up treating their women like dirt or even worse. I actually mentioned that to someone on a dating site once (he's from pakistan) & he ended up cutting off communication w/me. I was only being honest & telling him what I don't like about that culture but I guess I cut to the quick. However, most of the muslims I know are completely normal, they are not extremists in the least. It is possible to be a muslim & not cater to that extremist way of thinking. Unfortunately, many people on this forum can't make that distinction.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
I don't think it's that people dislike Islam and Muslims (as you say it).

It's just that extremism takes soooo much of the identity of the two that they almost become synonomous everytime someone mentions them.

Extremism- You mean the images/perception that CNN and other news outlets want you to see?

Or are you speaking from a perspective of actually having been involved with the Muslim communities and lifestyle?

If you were to spend time with the Muslim communities you'd probably feel much different.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:00 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Lots of (hate)threads on CD about Islam and Muslims. Even as it relates to Mr. Obama someone mentions Islam.

Are you guys just scared of something you know nothing about. It's very clear that many of you DO NOT know anything about Islam.

^^^^^^^^^sharia law being a governing force in the western hemmespere!!!!

i have nothing against the muslim people.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:03 PM

Did you get/learn that word from CNN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I don't hate muslims or islam. I do hate the extremists & I do hate the people who take it too seriously & end up treating their women like dirt or even worse. I actually mentioned that to someone on a dating site once (he's from pakistan) & he ended up cutting off communication w/me. I was only being honest & telling him what I don't like about that culture but I guess I cut to the quick. However, most of the muslims I know are completely normal, they are not extremists in the least. It is possible to be a muslim & not cater to that extremist way of thinking. Unfortunately, many people on this forum can't make that distinction.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:03 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:

Go read the Qu'ran then you can talk to me about not fearing muslims.

Compare the New Testament and the teachings of the tolerant and loving Christ to the warring and murderous polygamist Muhammad. Then tell me about muslims.

There are six muslim countries today that have the legal punishment of certain crimes as being stoned to death, because that is in the Qu'ran. There was a woman stoned to death not long ago in Afghanistan.

The question shouldn't be why anyone wouldn't like muslims. You should ask yourself, why should anyway want them around? They do absolutely NO GOOD AT ALL for this country, and only cause problems and yes, they commit terrorism at a much much much higher rate than other religions.

I am sorry, but you are obviously buying into the ridiculous liberal idea that muslims are "just like us". Go educate yourself then come back and talk.

And don't even get me started on how they treat their women.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:06 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
Quote:
Did you get/learn that word from CNN?
Uh no, sorry but that word has been around for a long time concerning religious zealots...er, extremists. Surely you understand who extremists are, yes? Or in the case of Islam, is it only the people who follow Islam (extremists) & the ones who don't (non-extremists)? Not sure exactly where you're coming from w/your post.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:07 PM

I have read the Quran, It's a historical text. Just like the bible.

What's the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Go read the Qu'ran then you can talk to me about not fearing muslims.

Compare the New Testament and the teachings of the tolerant and loving Christ to the warring and murderous polygamist Muhammad. Then tell me about muslims.

There are six muslim countries today that have the legal punishment of certain crimes as being stoned to death, because that is in the Qu'ran. There was a woman stoned to death not long ago in Afghanistan.

The question shouldn't be why anyone wouldn't like muslims. You should ask yourself, why should anyway want them around? They do absolutely NO GOOD AT ALL for this country, and only cause problems and yes, they commit terrorism at a much much much higher rate than other religions.

I am sorry, but you are obviously buying into the ridiculous liberal idea that muslims are "just like us". Go educate yourself then come back and talk.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:08 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:
Extremism- You mean the images/perception that CNN and other news outlets want you to see?

Or are you speaking from a perspective of actually having been involved with the Muslim communities and lifestyle?

If you were to spend time with the Muslim communities you'd probably feel much different.
Honestly, I actually have spent time in Muslim communities (and I'm not talking about the good 'ole USA either)

They pray more times than I can remember, and seemingly as long as they're awake. However, I'm not talking about these types. It's those damned extremists.

Like one of the poster's stated earlier, the extremists are the ones that turn my stomach. I cannot stand them on a level that may as well be hate. Some (not nearly all) of the Muslim communities are 'tolerant' of the extremists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies