Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:39 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Actually, at this point in time it is truly difficult to say. This planet has been going through hot and cold spells for a long, long, time. The last Ice Age, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 years ago has passed. This pendulum has been swinging for a quite some time.

I guess we must rethink the global warming that came after the ice age. Do you think Fred and Barney were fouling the air when they were working at the stone quarry? Were all the dinos passing too much gas? They were, after all, much larger than our cows who El Gordo has accused of contributing to global warming by their gassy emmissions. I'm sure if we dug deep enough we could blame the Ice Age on Bush. I bet Fred Flintstone was a relative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 06:02 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
There are a ton of sheep that bought into it, trust me, I know a few....
Huge numbers bought into the idea. I remember the summer of 1998 and it was hot it was almost as hot as the summer of 1934.

I can't wait to see what goes on at Hopenhagen. I wonder if Michael Mann will be there?

Of course he will be, he's got a lot of fudging the numbers and coverup to do but he will be there.

Nobody involved in this debacle can ever again be trusted.

Who I feel sorriest for is the school teachers who bought into the garbage. We know one that used to be a family friend but we stopped a couple years ago because whenever I voiced my opinion she would go absolutely frothy with rage she wouldn't tolerate any debate on the issue.

But the more I think about it the more convinced I am right when I say these people can't back down for reasons becoming more obviously clear with the passage of every day.

Think of this. Nearly every big policy issue by the U.S. Department of Commerce has formulated for the last 20 years has at its center Global Warming. You think we're going to be able to force tens of thousands of government bureaucrats to back down?

Think of their position a moment, they can't!

Look at the State of California and the money they squandered to fight global warming. How can they back down now?

The fact Global Warming is real is written into their school textbooks.

And here we thought Bernie Madoff was a big time scam artist? Ha, Bernie Madoff doesn't hold a candle to Al Gore.

What it is going to take is a two stage revolution in this country the first fought in November 2010 and the second in November 2012. That is the only way these people can be beaten back.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I guess we must rethink the global warming that came after the ice age. Do you think Fred and Barney were fouling the air when they were working at the stone quarry? Were all the dinos passing too much gas? They were, after all, much larger than our cows who El Gordo has accused of contributing to global warming by their gassy emmissions. I'm sure if we dug deep enough we could blame the Ice Age on Bush. I bet Fred Flintstone was a relative.
I am sure Michael Mann has the answers.

No doubt he can attribute it to massive amounts of CO2 after calculating the quantity of dinosaur poopoo then fudging the numbers doing tricks to come up with the right answer.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:55 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Huge numbers bought into the idea. I remember the summer of 1998 and it was hot it was almost as hot as the summer of 1934.

I can't wait to see what goes on at Hopenhagen. I wonder if Michael Mann will be there?

Of course he will be, he's got a lot of fudging the numbers and coverup to do but he will be there.
Quote:
This is putting it mildly.

Quote:
Who I feel sorriest for is the school teachers who bought into the garbage. We know one that used to be a family friend but we stopped a couple years ago because whenever I voiced my opinion she would go absolutely frothy with rage she wouldn't tolerate any debate on the issue.
Standard response is to DEFEND 'til the END......when you REFUSE to admit you were brainwashed or so terribly wrong on such a "hot" issue.

Quote:
But the more I think about it the more convinced I am right when I say these people can't back down for reasons becoming more obviously clear with the passage of every day.
Sadly, you're probably very correct. They have far too much invested in their scam and are STILL scamming many into believing them at this moment.
It MUST be their lifelong commitment and goal by now.....achieved at ALL cost.

Quote:
Think of this. Nearly every big policy issue by the U.S. Department of Commerce has formulated for the last 20 years has at its center Global Warming. You think we're going to be able to force tens of thousands of government bureaucrats to back down?
Hell no......all WE CAN do......is TRY and vote all these LYING, CORRUPT parasites OUT and DEMAND TERM LIMITS for ALL politicians....at every level of Govt!

Quote:
Look at the State of California and the money they squandered to fight global warming. How can they back down now?
The state with the 8th largest economy in the WORLD......that's bankrupt and has committed itself to THIS....for sooo long?
NEVER!
The Feds will be bailing out CA and who knows how many other states, banks and companies soon enough....to "fix" this problem though......so they are in good hands.

Quote:
Homeschooling IS the ONLY option left for many families....and NOT just because of LIES like this one, either!

Quote:
And here we thought Bernie Madoff was a big time scam artist? Ha, Bernie Madoff doesn't hold a candle to Al Gore.
And because he's so politically affiliated and the former VP........NO prison cell will EVER await him.
Bernie SHOULD have been a politician......he would have EASILY been able to continue with his ponzi scheme and still be FREE.

Quote:
What it is going to take is a two stage revolution in this country the first fought in November 2010 and the second in November 2012. That is the only way these people can be beaten back.
It's a BIG start, but with the enormous level of arrogance that is so blatantly apparent with THIS administation and the Dems./ Congress....by the time next November rolls around, many of us fear how much more damage they will do by then!

Old 11-30-2009, 07:08 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Mr. Gore, tear down this wall of lies.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Mr. Gore, tear down this wall of lies.
LOL

Al Gore say......

"But, Mr. Icy Tea......it took so long for me to build, I CAN'T stop now!"

"Please, can you just ACCEPT it when someone LIES to you?"

Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
There are a ton of sheep that bought into it, trust me, I know a few....
We seem to be missing most of "our" sheep on these GW threads recently.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yep.
I wonder if they are questioning their sanity.....I mean, political views?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:53 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes we have. I have a friend who is firmly entrenched in this ideology and he won't even talk about it. I love it, it gives me so much ammo after years of going back and forth over this....

Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

I really don't even know what to think or what's going to happen out of all of this. Hopefully this is the springboard for the right things to start happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies