Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:47 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,293 times

Advertisements

This was probably an attempt to start a racist thread. So far its a failure, but when I wake up tomorrow I won't be surprised if this thread goes full retard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 07:53 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
This was probably an attempt to start a racist thread. So far its a failure, but when I wake up tomorrow I won't be surprised if this thread goes full retard.
I hate to make another post in this thread, but........maybe tomorrow it won't have gone full retard.......maybe if the stormfront contingent doesn't come in and post to each other all night it will have quietly have slipped off the front page. I may not believe in "god" but I do believe in miracles.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:07 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I hate to make another post in this thread, but........maybe tomorrow it won't have gone full retard.......maybe if the stormfront contingent doesn't come in and post to each other all night it will have quietly have slipped off the front page. I may not believe in "god" but I do believe in miracles.

From what I have seen time and time again it's all the left wingers that are hanging out on stormfront and always post fresh news from there. I doubt those stormfront people have any white guilt.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
I've never had any white guilt. My ancestors were not slave owners. I have never discriminated against blacks.

White guilt = give me some more cash.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I've never had any white guilt. My ancestors were not slave owners. I have never discriminated against blacks.

White guilt = give me some more cash.

I wouldn't have whit guilt even if I had ancestors that owned slaves. I would not have any input as a person that had not been born yet.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 PM

3 posts, read 4,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Don't let people convince you its a big deal. The only time I ever heard terms like this is on internet forums, or on Fox News, complaining about how PC schools are and racist against whites. Stuff like "white guilt" is often a talking point of racist trying to prove they are being oppressed. Like I said I imagine that only a few hundred academics and a handful of textbooks ever mention it.
Thanks Joejitsu. That information is very insightful.

I for one am tired of race this/race that. Afterall we all same flesh and blood just in different suits.

But like others have said in the book, in order to solve the problem, you have to confront the problem. Which is what they tried, and succeeded in ways, to do in the 60's.

Just wish there was an open dialog about race without the stigmas that go with it. After all we are all created equal and should all be equal in any given situation.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:43 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,656 times
I say get rid of it, it's nothing more than a tool for race baiters like Al Sharpton to take advantage of at every turn and twist to his own agenda, and it gets too much press than it should.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:10 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,994,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krelek1000 View Post
I was reading a book recently about the 60's and how it has had a profound impact throughout our lives, culture, and history.

One thing that came up during a section of the book about the Civil Rights movement. The book's author interviewed countless folks in his lifetime and he talked to some of the most influential folks from the 60's and how things have changed since then.

One person in particular got my mind thinking. His name is Dr Colby Steele. I have read that he is a conservative and his career involves around racial issues, history, and study. He talked a bit about something called "White Guilt". So I decided to look up some more info.

When doing a google search, though, I find that "White Guilt" is a Politically Correct term but it's definition varies depending on the whomever you talk to. It can be the fear of being labeled a racist (which white folks do not want!) or it can be the guilt that is felt by a white person because of what happend in the past (Slavery, oppression, etc.) to other races.

White guilt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't understand this too much but I am willing to learn. Why is this term in use and why should America care? Is it a problem? Is it a solution to something? Or is it just another "label" someone created?
According to an informal poll here on CD, a huge overwhelming majority felt no guilt at all for sins of their ancestors. that's not too much of a case to prove that white guilt exists.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Yeah, right out of the stromfront playbook......try to suck people into talking about something called "white guilt" so they can bring up how racist black people are and how important it is to have "white pride."

I think SD missunderstood what's going on here.
Quite sure that you think "black pride" is perfectly ok though

White guilt is present in some places, although I don't have any guilt for being white. The best way to move on is not by appologizing but rather to treat AA's as equals

Old 12-01-2009, 05:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
I only feel guilty for the evil deeds I have done. I do not feel responsible for the deeds of my race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies