Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 06:01 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,736 times

Advertisements

Every time someone says something bad about Bush,Rush, or the mainstream right in this forum they are labeled as a liberal. Its getting ridiculous. Plenty of conservatives, independents, and moderates don't like these people. Take me for instance. I am an independent moderate, but am constantly labeled liberal because of my anti-Bush and pro-intellectual stance. The thing that bothers me is the tactics these people use. Even if I was a liberal calling me one doesn't mean what I said is wrong. Calling someone liberal doesn't negate valid points.

Example:

Idiot: We needed to invade Iraq because Saddam planned 9/11 and was developing nuclear weapons for North Korea.

Joejitsu: Thats not true the overwhelming evidence... [present evidence]

Idiot: LIBERAL!!! I AM RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE A LIBERAL!

Another example:

Idiot: 2+2=3

Joejitsu: Uhh... 2+2=4

Idiot: **** LIBERAL! Rush said 2+2=3 and you are a liberal so I am right.

Complete idiocy.

I would also saw the reverse goes with negating someone by assuming they are conservative and yelling conservative at them, but I have yet to see this. I imagine that most responses to this post are going to be personal attacks from the very people guilty of doing this.

Last edited by joejitsu; 11-30-2009 at 06:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 06:22 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Calling people liberal (whether they are or not) is about all they can do. The word liberal has been emptied of any meaning other than "opinion I don't like".

Stephen Colbert: That's a liberal position.
Rep. Earl Bluemenauer: How do you know it's a liberal position?
Stephen Colbert: Because you support it.

Colbert Report, 2 May 2006

Last edited by djacques; 11-30-2009 at 06:32 PM..

Old 12-01-2009, 06:53 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Calling people liberal (whether they are or not) is about all they can do. The word liberal has been emptied of any meaning other than "opinion I don't like".

Stephen Colbert: That's a liberal position.
Rep. Earl Bluemenauer: How do you know it's a liberal position?
Stephen Colbert: Because you support it.

Colbert Report, 2 May 2006
The word liberal is a replacement for intelligent debate.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:58 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Every time someone says something bad about Bush,Rush, or the mainstream right in this forum they are labeled as a liberal. Its getting ridiculous. Plenty of conservatives, independents, and moderates don't like these people. Take me for instance. I am an independent moderate, but am constantly labeled liberal because of my anti-Bush and pro-intellectual stance. The thing that bothers me is the tactics these people use. Even if I was a liberal calling me one doesn't mean what I said is wrong. Calling someone liberal doesn't negate valid points.

Example:

Idiot: We needed to invade Iraq because Saddam planned 9/11 and was developing nuclear weapons for North Korea.

Another example:

Complete idiocy.

I would also saw the reverse goes with negating someone by assuming they are conservative and yelling conservative at them, but I have yet to see this. I imagine that most responses to this post are going to be personal attacks from the very people guilty of doing this.
Sorry for shamelessly resurrecting a decade old thread but add any conservative's name and you're liberal if you don't like them. The word liberal is as overused as racist and biased. In that it had lost meaning.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:17 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
Of course not. I voted for Bush twice, but when "respectfully" he kept his mouth shut during Obama's atrocious actions as President then acquired loose lips when Trump became President I have not respect for him.

Shoot. I didn't notice that this is a thread from 2009 before replying.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:34 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Sorry for shamelessly resurrecting a decade old thread but add any conservative's name and you're liberal if you don't like them. The word liberal is as overused as racist and biased. In that it had lost meaning.
Sorry. Everyone must be labeled. It takes way less time, thought and effort to label an opponent than to actually engage them in discourse.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:39 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:

Example:

Another example:

Complete idiocy.

Fine choice !!! You are either right or everyone else is wrong. Anyone who disagrees is guilty.....

Old 03-20-2019, 07:41 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:

Example:

Another example:

Complete idiocy.

Liberals tend to use right wing.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:43 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Sorry. Everyone must be labeled. It takes way less time, thought and effort to label an opponent than to actually engage them in discourse.
I consider myself a "Non-Labeler"

Old 03-20-2019, 07:57 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Of course not. I voted for Bush twice, but when "respectfully" he kept his mouth shut during Obama's atrocious actions as President then acquired loose lips when Trump became President I have not respect for him.

Shoot. I didn't notice that this is a thread from 2009 before replying.
That did it for me, too, honestly. It was bewildering, especially that Obama personally savaged Bush on many levels and set out to aggressively dismantle much of his legacy. Yet not a peep out of Bush during those 8 years (and he insufficiently fought back when he was president, too). Now, he can't seem to shut up. But he showed his true colors, so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies