U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:11 PM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,713,479 times
Reputation: 1477

Advertisements

Honestly. I voted for obama and cannot believe this stuff is going down.

Quote:
The report, however, seems to overlook the fact that bin Laden was suffering from diabetes, Hepatitis C, and an "untreated lung complication" and would have had to have "walked unmolested" out of the rugged mountains of Afghanistan under the surveillance of "thousands" of special operations troops with at least one kidney dialysis machine in tow.
This is all just a ruse to continue war and the status quo. I am sick of this stuff. All of this just sickens me.

Is Osama bin Laden dead?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,068 posts, read 76,664,177 times
Reputation: 27652
Every time I read about that dialysis machine I picture a very old man bent over walking rough mountain trails lugging his dialysis machine behind him.

How does one plug it in up in those rugged mountains ?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:19 PM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,713,479 times
Reputation: 1477
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Every time I read about that dialysis machine I picture a very old man bent over walking rough mountain trails lugging his dialysis machine behind him.

How does one plug it in up in those rugged mountains ?
Exactly. I am so sick of this crap, as I said. Even though I voted for Obama and hoped for better, it would seem the dastardly machine continues.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,068 posts, read 76,664,177 times
Reputation: 27652
The Dems and Repubs are one in the same. Corporate interests won out years ago and they don't care who wins as long as their agendas continue to be top priority.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:27 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 36,119,496 times
Reputation: 6171
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Honestly. I voted for obama and cannot believe this stuff is going down.



This is all just a ruse to continue war and the status quo. I am sick of this stuff. All of this just sickens me.

Is Osama bin Laden dead?
Looks like the folks at examiner.com know best.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,713,479 times
Reputation: 1477
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The Dems and Repubs are one in the same. Corporate interests won out years ago and they don't care who wins as long as their agendas continue to be top priority.
Yes, sadly they did. Benazir Bhutto, assassinated, said he had been murdered. This whole "Bin Laden" mystery continues. He is a boogie man for the West's aggression.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,713,479 times
Reputation: 1477
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Looks like the folks at examiner.com know best.
Looks like someone has no critical thinking skills.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Central Maine
4,697 posts, read 5,825,266 times
Reputation: 5032
As much as I want to believe that Bin Laden is dead, I would need - I think we would all need - irrefutable proof. I haven't seen any proof.

I haven't heard anyone (like President Obama, or Secretary of Defense Gates) say that the mission of the additional troops is to capture or kill Bin Laden. I have heard that the additional troops are needed to help stabilize Afghanistan, and to assist in the training of Afghan forces, and to help defeat or seriously cripple the Taliban. Of course, I wouldn't complain if, as a result of the additional troops, we were to get Bin Laden.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
 
4,247 posts, read 9,713,479 times
Reputation: 1477
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
As much as I want to believe that Bin Laden is dead, I would need - I think we would all need - irrefutable proof. I haven't seen any proof.

I haven't heard anyone (like President Obama, or Secretary of Defense Gates) say that the mission of the additional troops is to capture or kill Bin Laden. I have heard that the additional troops are needed to help stabilize Afghanistan, and to assist in the training of Afghan forces, and to help defeat or seriously cripple the Taliban. Of course, I wouldn't complain if, as a result of the additional troops, we were to get Bin Laden.
The whole thing is a ruse. Everything.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 PM
 
Location: On Top
12,387 posts, read 12,158,884 times
Reputation: 4027
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Every time I read about that dialysis machine I picture a very old man bent over walking rough mountain trails lugging his dialysis machine behind him.

How does one plug it in up in those rugged mountains ?
Come on don't you think he would have had someone killed by now for his/her kidney and had a transplant!?!
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:16 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top