Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I have some rocks.

But I carried those into the house myself and in order to have the energy to walk, I had to eat and that probably included some fat calories......from oil.

How about my long-ghost? I don't he/she/it is dependent on oil any more.

This game was fun at first but the arguments are getting a little ridiculous now.

beleave me it's not a game.. oil is being wasted and it's a finite resource that runs our everyday existance.. if we don't convert to alternative renewable energy soon we are doomed!!!!

and as for ghost we will all be ghosts verry soon if we don't take renewable energys serious.. oil will peak and someday run out.

whach this entire vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lwkyqFB-34
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 08:13 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
I'm just saying that w/every answer someone gives, the response will always be "yes, but how was it delivered?" etc, etc. Since that will always be the response, I'm not sure how long this thread can go on.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:16 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
beleave me it's not a game.. oil is being wasted and it's a finite resource that runs our everyday existance.. if we don't convert to alternative renewable energy soon we are doomed!!!!

and as for ghost we will all be ghosts verry soon if we don't take renewable energys serious.. oil will peak and someday run out.

whach this entire vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lwkyqFB-34
It peaked it 2005 mate. Well there was a temporary second peak in late 2008, but that was from overproduction of wells. Oh and renewables could only supply at best, one fifth of our current energy supply given current technology. And all of those solar panels, windmills ect require lots of cheap oil in their production.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Most of my household energy is supplied by a nuclear power plant at Seabrook, NH and the rest imported hydropower from Quebec. Obviously the car is powered by oil.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Most of my household energy is supplied by a nuclear power plant at Seabrook, NH and the rest imported hydropower from Quebec. Obviously the car is powered by oil.
You need oil to mine the uranium and build the power station. Uranium is due to peak soon too, around 2018 if I remember correctly.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:49 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
I take it this is a peak oil thread?
You nailed it!! Congrats!

Old 12-01-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
You nailed it!! Congrats!
Do I get a prize?

Old 12-01-2009, 01:45 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
there's some good ones going here. I think every single thing is "associated" with it somehow. All machines use oil in some way, shape or form that were used to make everything.
Or with the transportation to get it to the place that you got it from.

Unless you fresh pick flowers from the side of the road...

Old 12-01-2009, 03:20 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Ok, so what's the point of this thread anymore? Guess it's time to close it down.
whats the point of a lot of threads!!!! like we don't get enough tiger woods news on the lamestream networks. people need to focus on more serious issues happening around the globe. and energy is one of the most important issues facing mankind, if not the most important. i tryed to think of something in our house that was not associated with oil like 2 years ago and thought i would ask the question here on cd... you have to admit that it's hard to name one single thing in a modern society that is not associated with oil. so just that in itself is a major concern!!!! i realy don't think most people relize just how fragile our modern way of life realy is.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:40 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Do I get a prize?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies