Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:17 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why is she still in this country? I could care less if Obama threw her under the bus. The bigger question is why has she been allowed to stay in this country when she was ordered deported in 2004?
Can't rep you again, man. Gotta spread it.

GREAT post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You know damn well that if Obama was taking care of her and paying for her attorney, you right wing lunatics would be getting on his case about that.
That is EXACTLY what i was going to post.

I was going to say that nothing would please them. If he leaves her alone, it shows he is a "bad" guy and if he was taking care of her, they all would be in arms about how he is "pro iillegals".

Poor Obama. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 11:20 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,574 times
Quote:
You know damn well that if Obama was taking care of her and paying for her attorney, you right wing lunatics would be getting on his case about that.
You're damn right if he was paying for her attorney we would because there is nothing to defend and she was ordered to be deported in 2004. The law is the law. There would have been nothing wrong with him helping her with money to survive though.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:07 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrick G View Post
By RODRIQUE NGOWI, AP
posted: 1 HOUR AGOcomments: 45filed under: National News, The Obama Presidency

BOSTON (Dec. 1) -- President Barack Obama's aunt buried her face in her hands and sobbed as she described her anguish that she no longer has contact with him and his family after the revelation she had been living illegally for years in the United States in public housing.
Zeituni Onyango told The Associated Press in an exclusive interview that she is troubled that her immigration woes have made her a political liability to her nephew.

Moderator cut: Copyright Violation

Obama's Aunt Zeituni Onyango Living in Anguish in Boston
So she went to visit Obama otherwise she would have stated she never seen him again....

Now she is claiming that being family of the president is bringing her life in danger...

But I guess Obama will give the judge some Chicago money and inside so the aunt can still stay here and give interviews while being afraid for her life...

Old 12-01-2009, 01:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Some people claim that 0bama is not a cool guy, he is cold and heartless. It does not help to dissuade this type of thinking when he has been so cold hearted to the African side of his family.

BTW, now that his mother and father are dead, does he even have any blood relatives he cares about at all? It seems as if all 0bama has is his wife and daughters. I don't think we have ever had a US president so removed from society as a guy with no blood relatives in America that he cares about.
Neither you nor I knows who he cares about or who he doesn't. He does by the way have a younger sister (Maya) in America, so your premise is erroneous from the jump. He also has older siblings in Africa and Britain, as well as a brother in China whom he saw when he was there.

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but it is not very comforting to have a president with no real family ties to the nation. All our other presidents have had huge networks of close family relations all over the country, all 0bama has is Michelle and the daughters.
No other way to take it but as it was intended - a swipe at the President's character. Yes, all the other Presidents have had wonderful family relationships - Clinton and Reagan, for two, have been paragons of comportment.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:12 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
If Obama wants to pay for her with his money, I don't care. If she is treated the same as any other illegal, I don't care. If she was ordered deported and is still here, one has to ask why.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:18 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
If Obama waved his magical hand and made her a legal citizen, there would be complaints. If Obama let things run the legal course, there would be complaints. No matter what, somebody would kvetch about his actions.

I think he made the right decision to keep out and let everything run its course, the legal way.
Exactly. That is why these people can never have a legitimate argument. The constant complaining continually waters down each subsequent complaint. Don't think they understand that though.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:42 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Some people claim that 0bama is not a cool guy, he is cold and heartless. It does not help to dissuade this type of thinking when he has been so cold hearted to the African side of his family.

BTW, now that his mother and father are dead, does he even have any blood relatives he cares about at all? It seems as if all 0bama has is his wife and daughters. I don't think we have ever had a US president so removed from society as a guy with no blood relatives in America that he cares about.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it is not very comforting to have a president with no real family ties to the nation. All our other presidents have had huge networks of close family relations all over the country, all 0bama has is Michelle and the daughters.
That's nonsense. Ronald Reagan himself had only one brother and no other family except his wife and children. Obama has one sister and his wife and children. If I wanted to take the time I could give you a dozen other examples. But more importantly I have to ask what the point is of your statement. Are you attempting to suggest that it is Obama's fault that his grandparents didn't have a larger family? Was it his fault that his mother didn't have more children? Or is there something potentially sinister, in your mind, in anyone who comes from small families? As far as his not being close to his "African family", good grief. I have a whole lot of cousins I never met and they just live in California. I know nothing about their lives and feel no responsibility toward them....nor they toward me. Nothing sinister about it. We just never met and never felt the need to meet. We have something called "lives" that have kept us too busy to wonder about strangers.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:00 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Neither you nor I knows who he cares about or who he doesn't. He does by the way have a younger sister (Maya) in America, so your premise is erroneous from the jump. He also has older siblings in Africa and Britain, as well as a brother in China whom he saw when he was there.
I'm only inquiring, because what I seen from him so far, he disowns all his relatives on his father's side. If 0bama does have a sister here in the states, I have never seen her, nor ever heard of her before.

Quote:
No other way to take it but as it was intended - a swipe at the President's character. Yes, all the other Presidents have had wonderful family relationships - Clinton and Reagan, for two, have been paragons of comportment.
You took it the wrong way. But since you brought it up, how else are we to take the cold blooded disregard for the desperate plight of his aunt and brother, if he lets them wallow in utter poverty, while he sits on top of millions of dollars and jets around the world and throws lavish parties?

But that was not what I was meaning to imply with my comment. I feel uncomfortable if the president of the United States has little or no regard for any other American except for his wife and children.

A president who has great aunts, uncles and grand parents who rely on social security and Medicare, will have a more sympathetic outlook on how well those programs serve the interests of his relatives who use them. A president who has no relatives on those programs may not care if Medicare is cut by $500 billion dollars.

A president who has hundreds of relatives in America will think twice before signing legislation that will create economic hardships for them.

A president who has no relatives in America, from his mother's or father's side, that he cares about, may care a hell of a lot more about pushing his agenda, and a whole lot less if the bills and legislation he signs will cause economic hardships. If all 0bama has in America that he cares about is a sister and his wife and daughters, it does not offer much comfort that he cares much about what he does to the rest of us.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:11 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Since when did Obama care about what any of us right wing loonies thought?

Under the bus, under the bus.

Why doesn't Obama send $200 a month to his half brother in Kenya so he doesn't have to sleep in a cardboard box?

Old 12-01-2009, 04:15 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
Can you imagine, someone has regrets related to a crime they committed, the horror!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies