Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Another reason (among the many) that I'm glad I don't live in DC.
Catfish are jumpin'
That paddle wheel thumpin'
Black water keeps rollin' on past just the same

Old black water, keep on rollin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Ca is not as liberal as you think. although the coastal areas and major cities are "blue", the rest of the state is "cherry red". the CA campaign was fraught with outright deception and lies perpetrated by the mormons, catholics and other right wing fanactics. that's why Prop 8 went to defeat.
I could give a ******* if CA is conservative or liberal. All I know is the ******* Speaker of the House is from California. If a state can spew out such liberal stupidity from its loins, and keep re-electing her, then the whole ******* state must be a farce. Which we all know California is.

Can you tell I hate Nancy Pelosi and everything she stands for?

As for the DC gay vote, it still has a couple hurdles to pass, but it is likely to become law sometime next year.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If a state can spew out such liberal stupidity from its loins, and keep re-electing her,
The state doesn't elect members of Congress. She is elected by the 8th District of California, and that's it.

Quote:
then the whole ******* state must be a farce. Which we all know California is.
Yeah, right. The 8th largest economy in the world is a "farce".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...es_nominal_GDP

Old 12-02-2009, 01:38 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Incorrect. Marriage has had inclusions to its coverage over the years as societies grew and more civilized issues came about concerning the legalities of such contracts, it has not been "redefined".

Words matter because they are the foundation of proper understanding. This is why slang does not exist in legal realms as a method to establish meaning.

It matters not what the average person thinks, they will call it what they will regardless of its legal understanding. That's fine, nobody cares about ignorant use of words in the informal realms.

Civil Union is more appropriate and it should be assessed as such in the legal world.

We have had this discussion over and over, I am simply stating that if they keep pushing in this direction AND continue to use corrupt bodies of the elect to enforce it on the people against the peoples will, then it will result in a backlash to homosexuals in general.

There has been a lot of people lost in support for this movement due to their actions of ignoring proper ways to establish and conduct a grievance. Marriage being changed to meet emotional demands is childish and immature.

You ask, why should the word matter? I explained a proper valid reason that is not based on emotion or bias. It is simply a fact of the word.

What reason exists in support of a change that is not based on emotional grounds? Is there a logical and valid reason to support the change rather than attend to a more proper declaration such as a civil union?
One man, one woman.
One man, several women.
One man, several woman and or men.
One man, one man.
Arranged only.
For love.
To cement political/business ties.
To preserve a line of nobility.
Not present in a society.

Some of the "definitions" of marriage. One cannot "redefine the definition" of a subject that has never HAD one definition, not even in this Nation.

And as I pointed out earlier, which you ignored, "civil unions" are in no way, shape, or form considered "equal".

Religion has never held title to either the practice of, nor term, marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies