Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:33 PM

817 posts, read 853,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Nah, not really. People will remember Obama and Bush as the two most influential people in bringing the downfall of the United States and the dollar.
The downfall of the U.S. has been in the works loner that that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,966 times
Quote:
Since the thread isn't about that topic, I refuse to answer. You may view my numerous other postings on City-data for guidance on my disdain for Obama. But to say Bush will be considered great completely discredits you.
I know how you feel Summers. I don't care for Obama or liberals either, but I am considered a very liberal Obama supporter because I dare criticize Bush and neo-conservatives. I feel that people like us are a threat to Bush supporters because their usual tactics of yelling "liberal" at everyone who disagrees with them to win arguments doesn't work. They actually have to engage in an intelligent debate, and this is something they are incapable of doing. So much easier to go the strawman/smear/name calling route.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
History will be kind to Mr. Bush.
About as kind as it was to Hoover or Grant.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:40 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Actually the country was fine after the first midterm election and the Republicans got the majority in congress. Give credit where due. Clinton was a success because of the Republican congress.
And after they got past "HillaryCare".....I'm just waiting for this healthcare nonsense to die out, the elections to go to the Republicans, and we can get back to good.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:41 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
He will never be regarded as a great president considering he passed 700 billion of TARP and spent 350 billion on meds for old people.
Ohhh, those TERRIBLE old people and their pesky medicine.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:41 PM

817 posts, read 853,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And after they got past "HillaryCare".....I'm just waiting for this healthcare nonsense to die out, the elections to go to the Republicans, and we can get back to good.
I couldn't agree more we're heading for that road again thank God. Anytime one party controls everything it turns out bad, not sure why people don't pay attention.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
The same Iraq where they have more schools and hospitals? And women don't live in as much fear and can get educations and stuff?
I don't know if what we accomplished in Iraq was worth the losses we suffered, but hubby and I were just talking about this a couple of days ago. Ask the people of Iraq what they think of the war? You are right, women can not be part of soiciety, medical facilities have improved and more kids are able to attend school. That is certainly worth something...

Nita

Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post

Bush was a complete and total failure.

Come on now.

He did sign the National Do Not Call List legislation.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I couldn't agree more we're heading for that road again thank God. Anytime one party controls everything it turns out bad, not sure why people don't pay attention.
I agree no one party should control all 3 houses of government. I just wish Republicans would have agreed with this when they controlled all 3 houses. It allowed the Bush agenda to weaken America. I bet they are glad they didn't pass the nuclear option.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Come on now.

He did sign the National Do Not Call List legislation.
and we still get called...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies