Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:20 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Ah, another typical biased post. To refute it, let's use your favorite tactic (other than making unsupported statements you consider to be facts). Provide a link to support your assertion.
Speaking of which, where are the links to those transcripts where ACORN was convicted of voter fraud? Have you found those yet? How you found instead the backbone to admit that you made that whole story up?

And again for the hopelessly misled, ACORN gets federal money as the result of contracts let (typically by HUD) that it bids on and wins. ACORN then provides the services contracted for and is paid for doing so. Sort of like how I bet you expect to be paid for whatever work you do for your employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 11:25 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Speaking of which, where are the links to those transcripts where ACORN was convicted of voter fraud? Have you found those yet? How you found instead the backbone to admit that you made that whole story up?

And again for the hopelessly misled, ACORN gets federal money as the result of contracts let (typically by HUD) that it bids on and wins. ACORN then provides the services contracted for and is paid for doing so. Sort of like how I bet you expect to be paid for whatever work you do for your employer.
I believe HUD is withdrawing their financial support and not renewing contracts with ACORN.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ousing-grants/

Old 12-03-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
If they're doing what ACORN has been caught doing, throw the book at them.
Registering voters? That's what ticks the right-wing off about ACORN. They have been registering a lot of eligible voters lately, and not very many of those turn out to vote Republican. There is nothing else behind the ACORN smear campaign than that. The rest is a sham of smoke and mirrors designed to provoke the not so very aware...

Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I believe HUD is withdrawing their financial support and not renewing contracts with ACORN.
Pursuant to a Congressional vote that is very unlikely to withstand legal challenge.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:32 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Pursuant to a Congressional vote that is very unlikely to withstand legal challenge.
If you say so

Old 12-03-2009, 11:33 AM

82 posts, read 80,730 times
Quote:
Registering voters? That's what ticks the right-wing off about ACORN. They have been registering a lot of eligible voters lately, and not very many of those turn out to vote Republican. There is nothing else behind the ACORN smear campaign than that. The rest is a sham of smoke and mirrors designed to provoke the not so very aware...
illegal, politically inspired actions are smoke and mirrors? No wonder you are so in love with this administration.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:42 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you live in NM, I assume you read the paper, if that assumption is true you certainly know about ACORN and voter fraud in the ABQ area. This has nothing to do with FOX and was reported in 2006...or maybe you are going to tell us the ABQ Journel is a conservative paper?

I just wish ACORN would go away, but it won't happen until they are found guilty of fraud over and over. That will happen sooner or later.

Nita
Moderator cut: please stay on topic
I threw FOX in as a diversionary tactic to see how many right wingers would respond. It worked.
I live in New Mexico?
You righties sure are good at wiretaps.
acorn, happy little acorns.
Attached Thumbnails
Oh my!  Another ACORN scandal!-1048_plastic_acorn_full.jpg  

Last edited by katzenfreund; 12-03-2009 at 03:13 PM..

Old 12-03-2009, 12:19 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
"Enemies of the state" to you are those of a different race or religion.
What has race or religion got to do with ACORN or Glenn Beck, or anything I said for that matter?

Quote:
Since so many people watch this moron, and since it was revealed to me that, in a certain period of time Beck mentioned ACORN 1200 times, while the next story (forget what it was) was only mentioned 500 times, it made it clear to me who the beckerheads are and who they get their info. from. Also I believe that Van Jones (during the period in question) was the number 2 mentioned story
It "made it clear" to you, and yet you forgot what "it" was that brought on this revelation?

Quote:
Not all of those showing this outrage at ACORN are racist. But some undoubtedly are. And Glenn Beck, by the way, called Obama a "racist", which again, for your lesson today, is called "Projection"

Please make a note of it
It hard to follow you, I fail to see what ACORN has to do with race. Offering advice to people who come in off the street, on the best way to run a successful prostitution ring with 13 year old girls from El Salvador was the story Beck was running, how does this indicate that people who are outraged are racist? The other story Beck ran on ACORN was when an ACORN office was told they were under investigation and they tossed thousands of documents into a nearby dumpster, how was that racist?
-CAUTION-
A rambling, nonsensical response may follow.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:36 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
What ticks people off is when ACORN registers more voters in a county then people who actually live there.

You see, that is why large amounts of fraudulent voter registration forms is a problem. You have a tight race, and the crooked poll workers fill in phony ballots from the pool of fraudulent "registered voters" and the ballots are magically found to be in favor of their desired candidate.

I want fair and honest elections, where the only people who have their vote counted are the people who are legally aloud to vote in that election; no dead people, no cartoon characters, no one who is not an American citizen, and no one who is not legally allowed to vote in that particular election.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:39 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
-CAUTION-
A rambling, nonsensical response may follow

//www.city-data.com/forum/11874323-post37.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies