Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 07:32 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Just wait, they will get to that one too some day. They are working on anything goes. Perfect analogy for their rediculas gay marriage arguments.

Bump you head much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 08:36 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,745,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Thanks (I think) for the link.
Yuk.
I know....anthropology brings a person into contact with some of the most obscure information possible....

Old 03-03-2010, 03:24 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,784,873 times
Interesting thread.
If "gay" ie homosexual marriage were legal...then what of homosexual relationships between two brothers...or two sisters? What about homosexual polygamy......Can "gays" get married to each other in collections of three five? Collectiveism is all the rage these days....it seems...
What about father and son....mother and daughter...? .....mmmmmm I mean...if everyone is a "consenting adult" why not.....right?.....
If Mom and Daughter get married and want to start a "family" will health-care cover the all the costs of artificial-insemination?.....Don't laugh...homosexual women are already doing this....
Would a mother be able to "marry" her adult daughter...niece? Could two sisters get married?
If we go there then undoubtedly there will be a brother and sister that will sue to get married...and have children.....
Will the taxpayer cover all the costs of the mutant babies that this will almost certainly produce?
If we're going to redefine absolutely everything why not go all the way?
People make fun of hillbillies marrying each other....and now we REALLY see why....("gay" marriage analogy).....

Old 03-03-2010, 05:04 PM

236 posts, read 236,949 times
Happy Cells, take a look at the rest of the world where gays marrying is perfectly legal. Start with Canada if you like. Where are those things you mention? Some straight couples have artificial insemination performed on them, or use fertility drugs is necessary.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:20 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,458,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What a weak analogy.
Yea, it's the dumbest thing I've heard for a while.

Apple meet orange.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:59 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,386,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahh the right shows once again they have no interest or simply aren't even remotely able to have a serious discussion on this issue....

I have to disagree. This isn't the right, this is the far right fundies.

The right believes in small government, lower taxes, freedom, etc. I do agree, though, that most of the anti gay-marriage folks tend to be on the (far) right side of the aisle.

Anyway, I have a question: Why do you care if gay people get married? Are gay people infringing on your rights, pursuit of happiness,etc.? Are gays getting married going to disrupt your life or somehow bother you?

What's wrong with gay marriage?

Are a select group of people infringing on my rights, my freedoms, and my pursuit of happiness that effects NOBODY in a negative way but only in a positive way to the parties INVOLVED (Which shouln't be of anyone elses concern but the two people getting married?).

PS: Don't give me some other excuse such as "Should a man be able to marry a dog". This is strictly about homosexual marriage. Nothing else.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,536,258 times
The point is valid. If two ADULT siblings want to get married and not have children, what is a homosexual's objection to this and why? Don't say it's morally wrong.....

you can't play that card. And the child deformity card has been taken off the table.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:45 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,924,206 times
Why stop with siblings?

Think big, think cross species!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:45 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,373,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Pet Goat?
Where did I hear that before?
The Old Testament? The aroma of barbequed goat was apparently pleasin' to the Lord.

Although in Leviticus I think if you had sex with another man's slavegirl you had to offer up a Ram to the Lord, not a goat.
If it was one of your own slavegirls...the rams were safe, cause that was okay with the Lord.

Or maybe it was during women's suffrage when some people claimed "What next? If we give women the vote, next we'll be giving our pet goats the vote!"

Or maybe it was: "What next? If we allow whites and blacks to marry, next we'll be allowing people to marry their pet goats!"

Old 03-04-2010, 07:40 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,373,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
The point is valid. If two ADULT siblings want to get married and not have children, what is a homosexual's objection to this and why? Don't say it's morally wrong.....

you can't play that card. And the child deformity card has been taken off the table.
If sibling incestuous marriage and children was morally right with God for his chosen father (Abraham) of the Judeo/Christian/Islamic religions....

Why stop at siblings? Why not father/daughter? Let's not forget Lot impregnating his two young virgin daughters...

Well gosh! How could anyone have any objections! It's in the Bible! It MUST be moral!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies