Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:51 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times

Advertisements

There's a reason for not letting siblings marry, especially if they are thinking of children, and it has nothing to do with gays or lesbians, or hate. It has to do with genetics and inbreeding. I knew of a family many, many years ago who were inbreds, and it was absolutely pitiful. Physical defects as well as mental. However, if the siblings are neutered prior to marriage, hell, I say go for it, as long as there will be no direct offspring as a result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 01:50 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Gays aren't blood related and they are also consenting adults. Stop comparing them to pedophiles and incestuous perverts. Please for the love of Jesus.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:28 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Again, if you cannot find an article why "X" should not be allowed, other than, "well, if you allow "X," then "Y" is next, then you don't have any argument against X at all.

When people start clamouring for "Y", THEN you can worry your little heads about how to combat why it should not be allowed. Hopefully you'll have some rational, logical, and better thoughtout reasons than you did for disallowing "X."

Old 12-03-2009, 02:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Analogy (gay marriage): Should Siblings be Allowed to Marry?  If no, then do you hate your brother/sisters?-troll-spray-1.jpg

Old 12-03-2009, 03:43 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
I still find it very hard to fathom why any discussion about 2 unrelated people of legal age, who love one another, and wish to spend their life together can possibly be compared to relatives marrying, or people engaging in sexual relations with children or animals. The mind just boggles at what is going on in these people heads that they come so easily to these completely bizarre conclusions.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:48 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
I voted for Prop 8** but I do not hate gays. I don’t hate my siblings either, despite my vehement objections to sibling marriage.

**The redefining of marriage to include same-sex couples is a foreign concept in the cumulative of human history.

Such a BS post. Not even worth responding, since gay men and women are not related to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:54 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
I voted for Prop 8** but I do not hate gays. I don’t hate my siblings either, despite my vehement objections to sibling marriage.

**The redefining of marriage to include same-sex couples is a foreign concept in the cumulative of human history.
this is the dumbest analogy I have ever heard.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:01 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
I think those people in California have the right idea ----- lets get serious about 'protecting the sanctity of marriage' by outlawing all divorce. And while we are at it, when a straight man or woman ends up cheating on their spouse their ought to be law that would fine them into penury for the offense to the 'sanctity of marriage'.

After all.....if you guys are really that serious about protecting an ideal that statistics show not a whole hell of a lot of you have any desire to live up to in the first place every prop 8 voter should be behind such legislation 100%.....right?

Old 12-03-2009, 04:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I still find it very hard to fathom why any discussion about 2 unrelated people of legal age, who love one another, and wish to spend their life together can possibly be compared to relatives marrying, or people engaging in sexual relations with children or animals. The mind just boggles at what is going on in these people heads that they come so easily to these completely bizarre conclusions.
"Marriage" or "civil union" in the eyes of the state should be about nothing other than 2 people wishing to join their lives, assets, homes, etc. for tax purposes, or whatever. The gender of the people shouldn't matter one bit. Now that I think about it, maybe 2 siblings who, say, already have a kids of their own, and are widowed, want to join their incomes and homes, and help each other parent. Maybe they should be able to have a "civil union."

Old 12-03-2009, 04:06 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Default over your heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Such a BS post. Not even worth responding
My arse. I grow tired of the perception that people in favor of Prop 8/peope who do not want to redefine marriage are somehow gay hating homophobs. I bring up an excellent point, just because someone disagrees, does not mean that person hates you. My mom doesn't agree with marijuana but that doesn't mean she hates stoners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies