Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,862,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
My arse. I grow tired of the perception that people in favor of Prop 8/peope who do not want to redefine marriage are somehow gay hating homophobs. I bring up an excellent point, just because someone disagrees, does not mean that person hates you. My mom doesn't agree with marijuana but that doesn't mean she hates stoners.
LOL, "excellent" point? You didn't just lower the bar, you got rid of it. Everybody who has a HS Diploma knows that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 04:20 PM

31 posts, read 22,970 times
Quote:
I voted for Prop 8** but I do not hate gays. I don’t hate my siblings either, despite my vehement objections to sibling marriage.

**The redefining of marriage to include same-sex couples is a foreign concept in the cumulative of human history.
**The defining of "marriage' was a foreign concept in the cumulative of human history too.
So was democracy.
So was abolition.
So was electricity.
Not having a precedent is a pretty pathetic argument.
Siblings already have certain rights and do not need marriage for survorship rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Just wait, they will get to that one too some day. They are working on anything goes. Perfect analogy for their rediculas gay marriage arguments.
Ridiculous. Not Rediculas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Based on reading your perceptions in your posts, I'd have to say you must be living under a rock somewhere.

Ever heard of genes? Also, have you ever even tried consulting dictionary.com for correct spellings?
I'd have to agree with you.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:28 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
Quote:
I voted for Prop 8** but I do not hate gays. I don’t hate my siblings either, despite my vehement objections to sibling marriage.

**The redefining of marriage to include same-sex couples is a foreign concept in the cumulative of human history.
If this happens. I'll be glad to be an only child .

This is completely foolish. I know America is getting more degrading by the day but Americans still have SOME morals........... do they?

Old 12-03-2009, 04:31 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentFuturama View Post
The defining of "marriage' was a foreign concept in the cumulative of human history too.
Every culture I have studied has had a marriage ceremony and the marriage was always between man and woman.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:35 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,631,388 times
I don't think so.

I don't have any siblings though, so I don't think I can adequately answer this question.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times
No they shpud but that deoesn't m,ean I hate my brther ands sisters. i just diosapprove of the practice. Gay and liberal seem to be really mixed up between hate and disap[roval. Guess they hate everyone if they don't approve of their behavior;sad.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,923,469 times
The reason why incest is wrong is because of the damage that happens with a pregnancy and plus it has shown to have emotional damaging effects. Aside from it being seen as strange and inappropriate.

Child molestation is wrong, aside from it being illegal, because it has proven to have psychological damage to children, they are not mature enough to consent, and children are sexually and physically damaged and stunted when an adult uses them for sexual purposes.

Gay relationships are in most cases two consenting adults that are not blood related and that share mutual care ,friendship, common interests and hobbies and sensual closeness. I hope you can see the differences. Psychologists, behaviorists, sexual experts and psychiatrists haven't found anything inherently emotional, psychological, or socially damaging about same sex relationships since 1973. AIDS and other diseases are not exclusive to gay relationships. Any human being can get an STD.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,923,469 times
If I disapprove of drug addiction, I usually don't go out of my way to be outwardly friendly to a drug addict. Disapproval usually breeds some form of mild covert hatred or dislike. It goes together

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No they shpud but that deoesn't m,ean I hate my brther ands sisters. i just diosapprove of the practice. Gay and liberal seem to be really mixed up between hate and disap[roval. Guess they hate everyone if they don't approve of their behavior;sad.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:25 PM

31 posts, read 22,970 times
Quote:
Every culture I have studied has had a marriage ceremony and the marriage was always between man and woman.
And of those cultures, how many have been around for more than 5000 years?

The human race had been around for thousands of years before we civilized, before we defined marriage and before we even INVENTED the concept of marriage.

If you talk about history, it would help to know that human history has gone on longer than 2500 years.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:09 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,883,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The reason why incest is wrong is because of the damage that happens with a pregnancy and plus it has shown to have emotional damaging effects. Aside from it being seen as strange and inappropriate.

Child molestation is wrong, aside from it being illegal, because it has proven to have psychological damage to children, they are not mature enough to consent, and children are sexually and physically damaged and stunted when an adult uses them for sexual purposes.

Gay relationships are in most cases two consenting adults that are not blood related and that share mutual care ,friendship, common interests and hobbies and sensual closeness. I hope you can see the differences. Psychologists, behaviorists, sexual experts and psychiatrists haven't found anything inherently emotional, psychological, or socially damaging about same sex relationships since 1973. AIDS and other diseases are not exclusive to gay relationships. Any human being can get an STD.
Who are you to make a moral judgment on incest being "wrong." As for the genetic argument, what if the couple doesn't plan to have children? Should it be okay then? And who the hell are you to say that the sexual love between siblings "is strange and inappropriate"?

Wow, you sound like a bunch of incestaphobes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies