Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:46 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I wonder how many of those babies that were aborted actually had downs syndrome. I ask because my SIL was told her dd had a high probability of downs due to the initial blood test and also because of physical 'clues' they saw on the u/s. She did decline the amnio and went on to have a healthy - and chromosonally normal - daughter.
Those tests are not foolproof and I'm sure tons of healthy babies were, in fact, aborted due to a probable diagnosis of downs syndrome or other defects. I know of one lady who was advised that she should terminate her pregnancy for her health sake and because her baby would not make it. I believe her healthy daughter is now in high school and the mother is healthy as can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 07:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Bush looks like he has slight down syndrome.
My aren't we clever!!! What a totally dumb statement...

Oh, BTW, what is slight down syndrome? Is that a new condition we Republicans have?

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 12-05-2009 at 07:56 AM..

Old 12-05-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Who would get the test if they were already going to carry to term regardless of the test says?

I would think the number would be 0%, otherwise what's the point in getting the test and putting undue risk unto the fetus.

I think most people make up their mind to carry to term and just don't get these unnecessary tests.
No, this isn't always true. I know of a couple of cases where women had the test and made a decision on what to do after the results.

Nita

Old 12-05-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
He was an alcoholic until he found God, who told him he should be president.
and you know what God told him? I guess you know very little about George W. As for your comment about he was in a drunk, what does being in a "drunk" mean...?? A drunk what?

BTW, you obviously know little about alcoholics as well: he either was not an alcoholic but a heavy drinker or he is still an alcoholic. You can stop drinking but you are always an alcoholic....

Nita

Old 12-05-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Why the risk if you were "committed" to a non-intervention pregnancy? What special preparations are required?

Neither one of the above posts makes any sense. No one in their right mind would do that test if they were committed to a non-intervention pregnancy.

Which is why no one would do that test unless weren't 100% sure that they were going to carry to term.

It's all warm and fuzzy after the fact and you find out that your child is "normal". "We would have carried to term regardless", riiiight.

Just stick this needle in my uterus for no freaking reason!! NBD
I totally disagree..There are reasons and decisions to be made. Some do not know what they would do until they get the results. The one case I know where she decided to have an abortion was one of those. Had her baby only been DS she would have carried him or in this case, her, but she had deformatives as well..Two others, choose to give birth, but one had to examine the situation for a few weeks..It is better to know and be prepared even if you know you will carry to full term..

Nita

Old 12-05-2009, 11:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Idiotic Hitler post of the day.
Why? Hitler started with the handicapped, and moved on to include others he thought were defective.

Once you start proclaiming that some defects mean someone should never live and that the "defective" must be eliminated, you're on his same path. These screening tests for the purpose of eliminating - killing the less than perfect are about the same thing, the goal of producing a superior race. No more defective people.

However - some people can see beyond the supposed defects and see the good in those with Down Syndrome. In many ways they are better than other people, they tend to be happy, love their lives, are naturally good people. It's some people who see them otherwise and think they cannot be allowed to have their lives.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:29 AM

I think it's that Sarah Palin allowed her little baby to have his life that so many liberals despise her with all they've got. She didn't destroy the imperfect life inside her, and she thinks he's beautiful and loves him and that angers people.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5AIL2J35Rw

A loved DS baby, loved by his family but utterly hated by liberals who believe he should have ended up in an abortionist's trash can like a piece of garbage.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:46 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Bush looks like he has slight down syndrome.
now even I wouldn't say THAT! Boo to you

Old 12-05-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it's that Sarah Palin allowed her little baby to have his life that so many liberals despise her with all they've got. She didn't destroy the imperfect life inside her, and she thinks he's beautiful and loves him and that angers people.
and I agree. there is a case of someone who choose to have testing,found out she was not carrying a baby that was 100% normal and still choose to continue with her pregnancy. Even if I do not support her 100% I respect her for her decision.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies