Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 06:44 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
I don't reject all science, only that which was based on fraudulent data - data that was manipulated by greedy frauds.

i love the approach of greedy frauds supporting global warming when it tells people to use less oil, coal, electric etc and those companies are some of the biggest richest companies on the planet. Why hasn't the world been flooded with the "truth" by these companies if global warming is a hoax. You know how much money oil companies stand to lose if we start producing hydrogen cars or even 100mpg cars as opposed to 11 MPG? I mean sure some people make money off green technology but not just global warming and nothing compared to energy companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 07:18 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
i love the approach of greedy frauds supporting global warming when it tells people to use less oil, coal, electric etc and those companies are some of the biggest richest companies on the planet. Why hasn't the world been flooded with the "truth" by these companies if global warming is a hoax. You know how much money oil companies stand to lose if we start producing hydrogen cars or even 100mpg cars as opposed to 11 MPG?

Quote:
East Anglia Confirmed Emails from the Climate Research Unit - Searchable (http://www.eastangliaemails.com/emails.php?eid=171&filename=962818260.txt - broken link)

Mike
Had a very good meeting with Shell yesterday. Only a minor part of the
agenda, but I expect they will accept an invitation to act as a strategic
partner and will contribute to a studentship fund though under certain
conditions. I now have to wait for the top-level soundings at their end
after the meeting to result in a response. We, however, have to discuss
asap what a strategic partnership means, what a studentship fund is, etc,
etc. By email? In person?
I hear that Shell's name came up at the TC meeting. I'm ccing this to Tim
who I think was involved in that discussion so all concerned know not to
make an independent approach at this stage without consulting me!
I'm talking to Shell International's climate change team but this approach
will do equally for the new foundation as it's only one step or so off
Shell's equivalent of a board level. I do know a little about the Fdn and
what kind of projects they are looking for. It could be relevant for the
new building, incidentally, though opinions are mixed as to whether it's
within the remit.
Regards
Mick

Mick Kelly Climatic Research Unit
University of East Anglia Norwich NR4 7TJ
United Kingdom
You can start hating greedy Shell and all the other large companies that will gladly move into this inflated market if C&T pass.

Quote:
I mean sure some people make money off green technology but not just global warming and nothing compared to energy companies.
Some? Tens of trillions easily over the next 2 or 3 decades worldwide sounds like some to you? Green energy cost more, period. The money that could be made by forced conversion to green technology with fossil fuel pushed to the side because of an artificially created demand is enormous... Some he says....

Old 12-04-2009, 07:59 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
i love the approach of greedy frauds supporting global warming when it tells people to use less oil, coal, electric etc and those companies are some of the biggest richest companies on the planet. Why hasn't the world been flooded with the "truth" by these companies if global warming is a hoax. You know how much money oil companies stand to lose if we start producing hydrogen cars or even 100mpg cars as opposed to 11 MPG? I mean sure some people make money off green technology but not just global warming and nothing compared to energy companies.
Still waiting for you to respond to my information. Your evasion has not gone unnoticed. People see you are sinking with the ship.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Global warming has gone beyond science and has become a new religion for the zealots.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:53 PM

433 posts, read 261,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You can start hating greedy Shell and all the other large companies that will gladly move into this inflated market if C&T pass.

your email really shows nothing except that perhaps shell has an interest in alternative fuels.

Some? Tens of trillions easily over the next 2 or 3 decades worldwide sounds like some to you? Green energy cost more, period. The money that could be made by forced conversion to green technology with fossil fuel pushed to the side because of an artificially created demand is enormous... Some he says....
Just exxon mobile makes about 44 billion a year. Green energy cost more now because it is new and not in high demand and it also save tons of money in the long run. You can fit a large house with a non-grid tied solar system for 14k right now....in 10 years that will be 7k With people running ac etc they have 300 a month electric. that system pays for itself in 6 years right now and will drop to 3 years in the future.

Plus its like the old saying only when all the trees, fish, etc etc are gone will we realize we can't eat money.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Still waiting for you to respond to my information. Your evasion has not gone unnoticed. People see you are sinking with the ship.
I had a funny thing happen tonight. I left David Letterman on because he said Algore was going to be on. Well, I haven't watched or listened to him since he made his crude joke about the small Palin girl and ARod.

I nearly doubled over in laughter listening to old far left Dave and Algore discussing global warming. It was a re-run from World Series time and that was before the gate burst open on the warmers. Well now they had the oceans dying because of carbon dioxide along with the skies. Well now the things they were saying they wouldn't consider saying now but there it was.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 PM

6,571 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I had a funny thing happen tonight. I left David Letterman on because he said Algore was going to be on. Well, I haven't watched or listened to him since he made his crude joke about the small Palin girl and ARod.

I nearly doubled over in laughter listening to old far left Dave and Algore discussing global warming. It was a re-run from World Series time and that was before the gate burst open on the warmers. Well now they had the oceans dying because of carbon dioxide along with the skies. Well now the things they were saying they wouldn't consider saying now but there it was.
Lol, don't you know that the center of the earth is mllions of degrees....Gore said it, so it must be true. God, what a scam GW is.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Since when? 1934 is the hottest this century with 1998 being slightly under it. As for 1980, you are wrong.

Here is the GISS records for such after Hansens work was found to be incorrect and the adjustments placed back in the correct order:

Watts Up With That?: 1998 no longer the hottest year on record in USA

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs/Fig.D.txt

NASA GISS: Research News: 2006 Was Earth's Fifth Warmest Year

This is the 2007 report.

NASA - 2007 Was Tied as Earth's Second-Warmest Year

this is the 2008 report. I included the 07 one because it has a graph, just insert 2007 at the top.

Your second link didn't really support you if you notice in 1980 the negatives disappear with the small exception of a few years. Also that is only US temperatures. Its global warming not US warming. That is in line with scientific information saying that North america will not feel the direct warming of temps as soon as the rest of the world but they will feel the other effects just as quickly. Nice try though.

Oh and the blog you cited, which isn't really a source also only cites US temperatures. The above links directly to the NASA website show global temperatures.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Nice Copenhagen snus art. By Dees.

Jeff Rense Program

Old 12-04-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

You do realize a few scientists do not make up the entire community right? Even if the cherry picked emails are 100% right, which they are being highly misinterpreted by lay people who do not fully understand scientific research methods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies