Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 04:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Many people just don't like to see anyone compare various attempts to take our guns and the reason behind them and global warming. Here is a man who has written a very interesting comparison of them in a South Carolina newspaper.

TheTandD.com | Global warming just another statist hoax (http://www.timesanddemocrat.com/articles/2009/12/11/opinion/letters/doc4b218ce5a95dc991673693.txt - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 04:49 PM

190 posts, read 210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Many people just don't like to see anyone compare various attempts to take our guns and the reason behind them and global warming. Here is a man who has written a very interesting comparison of them in a South Carolina newspaper.

TheTandD.com | Global warming just another statist hoax (http://www.timesanddemocrat.com/articles/2009/12/11/opinion/letters/doc4b218ce5a95dc991673693.txt - broken link)

I applaud anyone who questions statistics.

I still think "better safe than sorry" on the global warming issue, regardless of what information is debunked or not (really, would reducing pollution and exploring alternative energy technology hurt us? Unless it's "science gone mad" the the "alternative energy" turned out to be soylent green, I don't think it will).

Old 12-13-2009, 04:55 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,761,637 times
We have not developed useable alternatives to fossil fuels yet. Instead of more big government, how about giving the little guy more freedom to innovate. The solution is is not in giving more money to the useless elite. They should be cut off from the gravy train so we can keep advancing technology.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBusta View Post

I still think "better safe than sorry" on the global warming issue, regardless of what information is debunked or not (really, would reducing pollution and exploring alternative energy technology hurt us? Unless it's "science gone mad" the the "alternative energy" turned out to be soylent green, I don't think it will).
I agree with you as far as pollution is concerned, but just last week Browner of EPA declared CO2 to be a pollutant. Now that is stupid but many will accept it because of ignorance and stupidity. Anybody with a junior high diploma knows that plants have to have CO 2 to make oxygen for us to breath. Now she must tell us just how much CO 2 is needed for it to be unhealthy and where we get oxygen if CO 2 is outlawed.

I have to go along with one sentence the reporter wrote about this question and that is "President Barack Obama and his statist cronies, nonetheless, still want us to give away our money and our rights for a cause now proven slightly less credible than the Easter Bunny."

I don't necessarily say that Obama is the bad guy for this but I do say that there are those in his administration that want to do what is happening. Take cap and trade and stick it up Nasty Nancy where it will fit best and stop talking about us paying growing nations money that is just taken from us by taxation so they can someday become our equals. China only wants $19 billion from us the first year. My God, they are the heaviest polluters and want us to pay them for that. Maybe that much interest on their loans to us, but this makes sense only in the UN's attempt to take over our government.

Jefferson said once, "Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute" and he was talking about a situation much like this one. Of course, back then they hadn't learned to talk in trillions yet.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:42 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBusta View Post

The science isn't there in alternate energies. They are not practical or efficient. Most of them simply cost you more and offer less than previous technologies in order to be cleaner.

I am not willing to lose production on current technologies. I am not willing to sacrifice such for the sake of emotional demands. No, I will not use one toilet paper piece. I will not bathe in my gray water. No, I will not turn my thermostat up to 85-90 degrees and no, I will not spend extra time doing tasks that took me half the time before because it will "save on energy".

No, I will not accept paying more for those who can not force me to do the above. No, I will not let these people run my life and force me to their delusional thinking.

I believe in cleaner, but not at the expense of advancement. Those who wish to enforce such can fight me for it. I would rather spend the energy digging their graves than letting them throw out my individual freedom to serve their ignorant selfish demands to conformity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies