Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 07:51 PM

246 posts, read 421,922 times

Advertisements

It seems to me after observing life in CA and travelling around the country that only obsequious white liberals obsess about "diversity".

They more or less "celebrate" or boast about diversity in terms of colorful food festivals, some "multicultural dance" and measure the value of people through the hue of their skin and like to collect multihued friends like collectable ornaments. They fawn over "multicultural expressions", but often it is limited to shallow expressions of food, a coffee table book, or a fair bit of cajoling chit chat about some "crisis, or "social justice". Basically style over substance. It is so patronizing and most other ethnic and racial groups don't particularly care about "celebrating diversity" and are primarily concerned with their own ethnic and cultural advancement. In case you haven't noticed, most new entrants to this country don't care about the concept of the "melting pot", in fact the metaphor has been replaced by the salad bowl in most anthropological studies because it seems that all these "diverse" communities prefer to congregate and associate within their own group.

White people seem to think that when they "celebrate diversity" that every other ethnic group wants to celebrate with them and have them next door. For the most part, people don't like to have white eliteist busybodies involved at every level. There is a reason that there are ethnic enclaves, preference for cultural roots, language, and values.

Can anyone answer why this phenomenon seems to exist? When I talk to others I know of various races and ethnicities, none seem to care about "celebrating diversity", it seems to only be white people, and usually liberal white people.

Last edited by Calix; 12-03-2009 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 08:05 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calix View Post
It seems to me after observing life in CA and travelling around the country that only obsequious white liberals obsess about "diversity".

They more or less "celebrate" or boast about diversity in terms of colorful food festivals, some "multicultural dance" and measure the value of people through the hue of their skin and like to collect multihued friends like collectable orniments. They fawn over "multicultural expressions", but often it is limited to shallow expressions of food, a coffee table book, or a fair bit of cajoling chit chat about some "crisis, or "social justice". Basically style over substance. It is so patronizing and most other ethnic and racial groups don't particularly care about "celebrating diversity" and are primarily concerned with their own ethnic and cultural advancement. In case you haven't noticed, most new entrants to this country don't care about the concept of the "melting pot", in fact the metaphor has been replaced by the salad bowl in most anthropological studies because it seems that all these "diverse" communities prefer to congregate and associate within their own group.

White people seem to think that when they "celebrate diversity" that every other ethnic group wants to celebrate with them and have them next door. For the most part, people don't like to have white eliteist busybodies involved at every level. There is a reason that there are ethnic enclaves, preference for cultural roots, language, and values.

However, white liberals being the omnipotent moral busybodies they are can not help but tell every other race, ethnicity, etc what is best for them.
You are totally correct. #7 Diversity « Stuff White People Like

A while back I moved out to an EXTREMELY liberal town, which was also over 80% white, and after a few months I could not stand the shallow and superficial political correctness and wannabe diversity.

A lot of the white people who claimed to celebrate diversity were afraid of people of different races and avoided them too. They would only hang out with other races if they totally embraced white American hipster culture. There were populations of Blacks, Native Americans, Latinos, Asians etc. in the community and they different groups were racially segregated in social situations.

If the person was fresh out of another country and acted like it, the white hipsters would avoid them. When it comes down to it, most of those white hipsters were just ignorant people who thinked that they had an amazing worldview because they were slightly more enlightened than the rednecks, so they were arrogant and self-righteous in their belief that they are so knowledgable and open-minded.

There's a lot of two-faced BS amongst these white liberal hipsters who claim to love diversity. I'm white too so i'm not just being racist.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:07 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
I'm a "white liberal" and I'm pretty apathetic about diversity as are most of the ones I know.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:11 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,272 times
I'm a white "conversative" male married to a black "conservative" female and we just enjoyed a homemade dinner of Tex-MEX, Sapporo Beer (JAPAN) and CROATIAN cooked-wheat pudding. We just got done enjoying a live DVD of one of our favorite multi-cultural artists, SANTANA.

And we despise all race-baiters, ill-informed supremacists and liberals that perpetuate the problem only so that they will have something to whine about besides other people working and making a decent living.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:17 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
I'm a white "conversative" male married to a black "conservative" female and we just enjoyed a homemade dinner of Tex-MEX, Sapporo Beer (JAPAN) and CROATIAN cooked-wheat pudding. We just got done enjoying a live DVD of one of our favorite multi-cultural artists, SANTANA.

And we despise all race-baiters, ill-informed supremacists and liberals that perpetuate the problem only so that they will have something to whine about besides other people working and making a decent living.

yes liberals hate work that is why the unemployment rate is like 55%

Old 12-03-2009, 08:24 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
You are totally correct. #7 Diversity « Stuff White People Like

A while back I moved out to an EXTREMELY liberal town, which was also over 80% white, and after a few months I could not stand the shallow and superficial political correctness and wannabe diversity.

A lot of the white people who claimed to celebrate diversity were afraid of people of different races and avoided them too. They would only hang out with other races if they totally embraced white American hipster culture. There were populations of Blacks, Native Americans, Latinos, Asians etc. in the community and they different groups were racially segregated in social situations.

If the person was fresh out of another country and acted like it, the white hipsters would avoid them. When it comes down to it, most of those white hipsters were just ignorant people who thinked that they had an amazing worldview because they were slightly more enlightened than the rednecks, so they were arrogant and self-righteous in their belief that they are so knowledgable and open-minded.

There's a lot of two-faced BS amongst these white liberal hipsters who claim to love diversity. I'm white too so i'm not just being racist.
I live in such an area. I hate it when the snooty, wealthy PTA moms trot out "Diversity Month" and then hire a reggae band to perform during the lunch periods one week, and a mariachi band to play during the others. Next they offer a 'Diversity Celebration' in which they supply activities from countries in Africa, Asia, Central and South America. Anything European is ignored.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
What does it bother anyone if some people say they celebrate diversity? Even if you don't think their lives are diverse enough, why is it a problem?

Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 PM

246 posts, read 421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What does it bother anyone if some people say they celebrate diversity? Even if you don't think their lives are diverse enough, why is it a problem?
Who said anything about being bothered, I opined that the only ones who even care about "celebrating diversity" are fawning whites. Other ethnic and racial groups for the most part don't care about celebrating any diversity or advancing causes other than their own.

The whites that do "celebrate" often do it in the most patronizing way. It is an observation of the irony.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:34 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,432 times
Quote:
Who said anything about being bothered, I opined that the only ones who even care about "celebrating diversity" are fawning whites. Other ethnic and racial groups for the most part don't care about celebrating any diversity or advancing causes other than their own.

The whites that do "celebrate" often do it in the most patronizing way. It is an observation of the irony.

Gotta second this one.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,009,296 times
Quote:

They more or less "celebrate" or boast about diversity in terms of colorful food festivals, some "multicultural dance" and measure the value of people through the hue of their skin and like to collect multihued friends like collectable ornaments. They fawn over "multicultural expressions", but often it is limited to shallow expressions of food, a coffee table book, or a fair bit of cajoling chit chat about some "crisis, or "social justice". Basically style over substance. It is so patronizing and most other ethnic and racial groups don't particularly care about "celebrating diversity" and are primarily concerned with their own ethnic and cultural advancement. In case you haven't noticed, most new entrants to this country don't care about the concept of the "melting pot", in fact the metaphor has been replaced by the salad bowl in most anthropological studies because it seems that all these "diverse" communities prefer to congregate and associate within their own group.

Can anyone answer why this phenomenon seems to exist? When I talk to others I know of various races and ethnicities, none seem to care about "celebrating diversity", it seems to only be white people, and usually liberal white people.
LOL! you just described Berkeley!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies