Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:27 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Here is the thing, racism, wheteher it comes from whites or people of color of BS IMO. The thoughts expressed here while containing some factual information is incorrect in it's claims. One suggestion,
Quote:
stop judging others based on the color of their skin
, it is an ignorant thing at best and racist at it's core. Stop blaming others for the failures individuals or groups as a whole, especially when doing so based on halftruths and assumptions. As for waking up, I would suggest the poster take their own advice. Enough time wasted on this, moving on.Casper
It really has nothing to do with color, it has to do low class blacks immoral culture acting like idiots. Also: you don't have to have money to have class.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:42 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
That's actually the point I was was hoping people would get. I wanted to wait for a lot of replies first. I wanted to see if anyone would make that point.

To be honest.........the OP was copied from a magazine article. It's not my thought or belief. I wanted to see where some of these folks are as far as their thinking is concerned.

It's always amazing how people start calling names because they disagree with someones idea.

Ron

Thank you.

Ron -

I think any society functions best when the cream (of any color) is allowed to float to the top.

Wasting talent is detrimental and holds back progress.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:51 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
When the Civil War broke out, my GGF walked away from a wife and 8 kids in Richmond, VA to go to DC and join the UNION Army. He lived through it, but two of his kids died of dysentery during the war, as did thousands of people and soldiers on each side.
Yea, My GG Grand father fought at Gettysburg. And his parents were killed by Seneca Indians, I guess I should hate Indians.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:54 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Yea, My GG Grand father fought at Gettysburg.
And my GGF, an English immigrant, was also a Union veteran.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:17 PM

194 posts, read 297,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Would it occur to you that maybe there are many more whites than blacks qualified to run major corporations? Why has everything got to boil down to racism?
Real, true racists are those who seek to perpetuate racism by boiling everything down to the lowest common denominator to serve their own interests.

Why are there a lower amount of blacks who are CEOs of major corporations in America? Perhaps that is due to the fact that comprise about 13% of the American population. I live north of East St. Louis, Illinois... should I cry racism because the majority of jobs in that city are filled by blacks knowing that the city's population is 98% black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
But in a larger sense, we all lose because of this endemic racism.

How much genius in the minority populations has gone to waste due to lack of opportunity?

Maybe the future researcher who might have developed a cure for some horrible disease had to settle for being a cab driver. Maybe an engineer who could have made a breakthrough in computing technology spent his life as a clerk.

Racism isn't only wrong, it's damaging to the larger society as a whole.
I don't live my life thinking of coulda, woulda, shoulda... thinking in such abstract terms does not lend you any credibility. Fate or supposed destiny are delusions.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:23 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Polite white folks renounce such claims of superiority. But scratch below that surface politeness and the multicultural rhetoric of most white people, and one finds that the assumptions about the superiority of the art, music, culture, politics, and philosophy rooted in white Europe are still very much alive.
I have one rebuttal, Blues from the Mississippi Delta, Jazz from New Orleans, and everything that followed.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,208 times
Even the founders of rock admit they were influenced by the blues.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:30 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,422,379 times
I would like to point out that racism in some form has existed for around 10,000 years in every society since the dawn of time.

Whoever titled this thread should be banned from the computer until they can do basic historical research.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:36 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
edit - delete

Old 12-04-2009, 03:38 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phychedelic View Post
Even the founders of rock admit they were influenced by the blues.
Nah, whatcha talking about Willis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZXjPES7Cs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q80c0TeVOXI

Quote:
"Baby, Please Don't Go" is a blues song first recorded by Big Joe Williams in 1935. It is related to a group of early 20th century blues and work songs that include "Alabama Bound", "Another Man Done Gone", and "Don't Leave Me Here", and "Turn Your Lamp Down Low".
It has become a blues and rock standard, and has been recorded by many artists (see list below).

Last edited by thecoalman; 12-04-2009 at 04:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies