Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: Tell-all book could embarrass Christian right with stories of sex, scandal | Raw Story (http://rawstory.com/2009/12/book-ralph-reed-sex-scandal/ - broken link)
I sure don't need a book to point out the obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 11:09 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,039 times
I think there has been many books trying to descredit christians for thounds of year. its not happing. america is a christian nation there are a few crazy nuts that make alot of noise but thats all. just noisy idiots,who believe thier own lies. nothing else

Old 12-05-2009, 05:21 PM

433 posts, read 261,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you beleive that I have some desert land I would love to sell you in NM. It is worth a whole lot; a whole lot of nothing, but it is cheap...

Nita

I didn't say it was happening said they talked about a group of extremely right conservatives who wanted to.....Big difference. If you don't believe there are people that are willing to go that far you are sadly mistaken. Ever hear of scandals where people use religion to take advantage of others and their money? Not really any different.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:24 PM

433 posts, read 261,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I think there has been many books trying to descredit christians for thounds of year. its not happing. america is a christian nation there are a few crazy nuts that make alot of noise but thats all. just noisy idiots,who believe thier own lies. nothing else

Christians only make up about 1/3 of the world population. So you mean to say 2 out of 3 people you meet are crazy nuts?

Old 12-05-2009, 05:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
That's common knowledge about Ralph Reed and the NC smear campaign against McCain.

The rest of it... sounds great but I doubt she puts in stuff like the Ari Fleischer thing.

A few years ago there was that woman who took down the Christian televangelist guy, that he'd been paying off, dont remember the details... but that's the kind of thing that does damage, things they'd pay you off not to tell.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:33 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsmith680 View Post
What's Wrong With The Christian Right This is a quick read but still poignant. Stereotypes, useful but overused by any narrow veiwpoint are annoying.
Quote:
Linn uses the Christian Right's own words and actions to show the extent to which it is trying to reshape both American politics and Christianity into its own image.
And of course the loony left would never think of doing anything at all like that...

Old 12-05-2009, 05:37 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
Great book. I cant totally remember if it was this or the other one I read where it's pointed out that there is a movement to have certain parts of the bible re-written to exclude statements such as the camel and eye of needle as well as adding direct anti-gay passages. Either way I liked this book.

Do you feel the same about re-writing history books? Because a lot of that is going on and it's being taught to your children or I should say not taught since much of the problem is omission...

Old 12-05-2009, 06:18 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times
Looks like the left found themselves another tool, so far it seems the only one that should be embarrassed is the author.............................

Old 12-05-2009, 06:25 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,398,320 times
Lightbulb peace........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And of course the loony left would never think of doing anything at all like that...
In case you may have missed it.."any narrow viewpoint" dontcha know! I invite you to read a few pages and respond if you think Linn's book is a "loony left" point of view.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Looks like the left found themselves another tool, so far it seems the only one that should be embarrassed is the author.............................
why? you dont like hypocrisy exposed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies