Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Liberal talk radio has been a failure largely because the liberal hosts are not as good as their conservative counterparts. They are rather passive and don't know how to achieve the emotional response that guys like Rush, Hannity, Glenn Beck and Michael Savage among others are so great at doing. When I listen to liberal talk radio, it's usually some "chick" who is trying to sound tough but comes accross as some smarmy whiny mom aka Rachel Maddow. Instead, I want the liberal version of Anne Coulter, yeah someone who is in your face and will rub it in! Why are there not gruff self-assured tough sounding liberals on radio? Seriously, check out MSNBC. Keith Olberman...the Sports Center guy is the voice of liberal talk??? Give me a break, Olberman is a comedian, he is not an angry curmudgeon! If I'm bored in traffic, I want to listen to someone interesting who has opinion and not some pansy like Olberman who essentially plasters a Sports Center delivery on political issues. Even Al Franken was weak. He is a former Saturday Night Live comedian who did Stuart Smalley. Seriously, how come there is no testosterone with regard to liberal talk? John Stewart makes a living mocking Fox News instead of creating his own material. If liberal radio included hosts like that, it would be really popular among liberals and conservatives alike. Why are there no militant radical sounding liberal hosts who can pi$$ people off?
Liberal talk shows are doing just fine....ya, they don't spout the hate and Racism and lies that Republicans love but , hey, nobody's perfect...

Want somebody in your face to answer your repugs whining...try Big Ed Schultz...ya, he's such a "failure" that he's had a radio show for quite a few years and now a TV show.

Want a liberal in your face ..Call Stephanie Miller and try to give her some sass!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 03:10 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
"Rabble rouser" a term stemming from the mid1850s. Wow, Rush, Sean and Glen et al, you are surely demagogues in the truest since, to be lauded for this roguish term! Go Rush! Go Sean! Go Glen! Your powers are timeless!
Is this post suppose to make some sense? You think they have "timeless powers" because a term created in the 1850's applies to them? OOOooh, I get it, you think I was implying that the term was created for them...... No, that would be ridiculous to think that. Only someone who didn't know anything about history would think that.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:17 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Is this post suppose to make some sense? You think they have "timeless powers" because a term created in the 1850's applies to them? OOOooh, I get it, you think I was implying that the term was created for them...... No, that would be ridiculous to think that. Only someone who didn't know anything about history would think that.

Oh...I just wasn't sure of your angle.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:23 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,936 times
It just shows that Liberals are nut cases and have no clue!

Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Except that there aren't any "tough" ones out there, who are rational and clear thinking that is....
Ed Schultz has a decent shtick.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:34 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Why are Liberal talk radio hosts so boring?

1. Many people find facts more boring than fiction.
2. Discussing facts and details goes over many people's head, causing their eyes to glaze over.

That of course would explain why all the redneck knuckledraggers love RW whack job radio.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:43 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Liberal talk radio has been a failure largely because the liberal hosts are not as good as their conservative counterparts. They are rather passive and don't know how to achieve the emotional response that guys like Rush, Hannity, Glenn Beck and Michael Savage among others are so great at doing. When I listen to liberal talk radio, it's usually some "chick" who is trying to sound tough but comes accross as some smarmy whiny mom aka Rachel Maddow. Instead, I want the liberal version of Anne Coulter, yeah someone who is in your face and will rub it in! Why are there not gruff self-assured tough sounding liberals on radio? Seriously, check out MSNBC. Keith Olberman...the Sports Center guy is the voice of liberal talk??? Give me a break, Olberman is a comedian, he is not an angry curmudgeon! If I'm bored in traffic, I want to listen to someone interesting who has opinion and not some pansy like Olberman who essentially plasters a Sports Center delivery on political issues. Even Al Franken was weak. He is a former Saturday Night Live comedian who did Stuart Smalley. Seriously, how come there is no testosterone with regard to liberal talk? John Stewart makes a living mocking Fox News instead of creating his own material. If liberal radio included hosts like that, it would be really popular among liberals and conservatives alike. Why are there no militant radical sounding liberal hosts who can pi$$ people off?
All talk radio is boring--I'd rather have music to listen to.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:45 AM

900 posts, read 672,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
That of course would explain why all the redneck knuckledraggers love RW whack job radio.
Bingo! We have a winner, Ladies and Gentlemen!

Old 12-06-2009, 01:19 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Then you obviously never listened to Randi Rhodes
Girlfriend, you took the words right off my keyboard! Randi Rhodes kicks all kinds of ass -- takes no prisoners. And she knows her facts -- cold! I fell in love with her when she called Geraldine Feraro "a f***ing wh***" during one of her standup routines. That was the first I'd ever heard of her, and I simply had to find her show and start listening. Now I'm totally addicted.

You can watch it here (I won't link directly to the Youtube video since it's rife with foul language that's forbidden to be posted here.)

Old 12-06-2009, 01:57 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,247 times
Why? Because liberal talk show hosts are a bunch of pathetic, weak-minded push-overs, just like the rest of the liberal population. Thats the real answer. Not to mention the fact that liberalism is analogous to criminal behavior in that you are taught to believe that the successful people in this country should have to pay for the poor, unsuccessful people in this country.

Good, honest people in society know that the thought of receiving something that doesn't belong to you, or that you didn't earn, is fundamentally the same thing as stealing. Liberals believe that you shouldn't have to earn anything. If you don't feel like working, no problem, we'll just take money from the guy working 40 hours a week with a family of five to pay for your needs even though you didn't earn any of it.

Liberal talk show hosts whine and complain about the status quo, point fingers, and blame everyone who is successful in this country. It's a bunch of crap, and people know it.

Conservative talk shows are successful because people know that conservatism is the right thing to believe in. It is the moral thing to believe in. Earn your living, don't expect handouts, and be a good neighbor. That's all there is to it.

Last edited by ryanst530; 12-06-2009 at 02:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies