Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 03:41 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What you said in post #135 sure sounds like an "I am right, you are wrong" type of attitude, rather than just an opinion.
Of course I think I am right and those who are of a different opinion not. What I say is based on my conviction. I cannot say your attitude may be right and mine too as they are opposing views.

Quote:
"Progressive" is just another word for leftist (liberal). Used by leftists who don't want to admit they are one. And many of them are hypocrites. Al Gore is a great example of that.
Why would leftists not want to admit they are leftists? I see no reason for that. And I am sure there are progressive Republicans, too.

Gore, well, who cares, he is just a tiny factor. Nobody ever thought he was a climate expert. He is a public figure who used his status to spread his views. If he were an expert on anything he would not have run for the presidency in the first place This entire Climategate thing is ridiculous and blown out of proportion by all those people who had just been waiting for an excuse for not having to change. That superficial misinterpretation of the current events will backfire sooner or later...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 03:59 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
It is called a business...just to make money of stupid people...and I think more dem. than Rep. are wasting their money on it...specially all the fools who wnet to that stupid movie that Al gore made...Gore must have been laughing a lot about all the stupid people...

Than later he had Clinton save the 2 journalists who worked for Gore's station....again Gore laughing how stupid others are....

Old 12-05-2009, 04:25 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Very few people will deny that the climate is changing. It is way past denying as there is enough proof to go around that this is happening. The problem seems to be that some are not convinced that humans are contributors (which is bizarre, considering how many pollutants we spew into the atmosphere) and do not want to take responsibility or action to reverse the condition.

Climate Change and the Oceans
Man's Impact on our Climate

As we have previously shown, out climate IS changing. The temperatures of the earth and oceans are increasing, sea ice and glaciers are decreasing. The next question is: What is causing this to happen? Is this change natural? Or: Is Man causing the climate to change?

We present here some evidence that Man is causing the climate to change.

Carbon Dioxide Levels

http://www.esr.org/outreach/climate_...pact/man1.html

If humans are not hastening the climate change problem, wouldn't this be reason enough to take the situation seriously and admit that we are harming the atmosphere due to CO2 levels?

Science Academies Warn of Ocean Acidification

Researchers are worried that as the world’s industries spew carbon dioxide into the air, the oceans are absorbing a quarter of emissions, increasing their acidity and harming marine life. “Ocean acidification is a distinct problem” from climate change and may require distinct solutions, says James Wilsdon, director of the Science Policy Centre at the Royal Society in the United Kingdom, one of IAP’s member academies. Wilsdon notes that if atmospheric carbon dioxide can be stabilized at 450 ppm, one possible target that has been discussed by politicians, only 8% of existing tropical and subtropical coral reefs will still be in waters at the right pH level to support their growth: “Negotiators need to be aware of this,” he says.

Science Academies Warn of Ocean Acidification : ScienceInsider

Old 12-05-2009, 04:45 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How do you get YOU WANT GOVERNMENT CONTROL! out of "This is downright common sense and ethical behavior when living in a society on a planet that is borrowed from future generations"?

You guys have no problem borrowing from future generations to fund health care YOU WANT, cap-n-trade YOU WANT, or any other program YOU WANT. Explain the difference.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:51 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Carbon Dioxide Levels[/i]
http://www.esr.org/outreach/climate_...pact/man1.html

If humans are not hastening the climate change problem, wouldn't this be reason enough to take the situation seriously and admit that we are harming the atmosphere due to CO2 levels?

Science Academies Warn of Ocean Acidification

Researchers are worried that as the world’s industries spew carbon dioxide into the air, the oceans are absorbing a quarter of emissions, increasing their acidity and harming marine life. “Ocean acidification is a distinct problem” from climate change and may require distinct solutions, says James Wilsdon, director of the Science Policy Centre at the Royal Society in the United Kingdom, one of IAP’s member academies. Wilsdon notes that if atmospheric carbon dioxide can be stabilized at 450 ppm, one possible target that has been discussed by politicians, only 8% of existing tropical and subtropical coral reefs will still be in waters at the right pH level to support their growth: “Negotiators need to be aware of this,” he says.

Science Academies Warn of Ocean Acidification : ScienceInsider
Maybe it's time to blow up the White Cliffs of Dover to give the oceans a Tums.

White cliffs of Dover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-05-2009, 06:29 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Of course I think I am right and those who are of a different opinion not. What I say is based on my conviction. I cannot say your attitude may be right and mine too as they are opposing views.
Right. So you were expressing an opinion. Doesn't mean you are right, though.

Quote:
Why would leftists not want to admit they are leftists? I see no reason for that. And I am sure there are progressive Republicans, too.
Many leftists do not admit it because they know that most Americans are not leftists.

Quote:
Gore, well, who cares, he is just a tiny factor. Nobody ever thought he was a climate expert. He is a public figure who used his status to spread his views. If he were an expert on anything he would not have run for the presidency in the first place This entire Climategate thing is ridiculous and blown out of proportion by all those people who had just been waiting for an excuse for not having to change. That superficial misinterpretation of the current events will backfire sooner or later...
A lot of people take Gore seriously. Even now. And climategate is not being blown out of proportion. Not when I see commercials telling me to "do my part to stop global warming."

Old 12-05-2009, 08:03 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Right. So you were expressing an opinion. Doesn't mean you are right, though.
Goes for you and the others, too

Quote:
Many leftists do not admit it because they know that most Americans are not leftists.
They should be more self-confident. If even someone like Palin is self-confident, then anybody should be If any party at all, I am close to the communist party. So what?

Quote:
A lot of people take Gore seriously. Even now. And climategate is not being blown out of proportion. Not when I see commercials telling me to "do my part to stop global warming."
Right, it should be 'to slow down' rather than 'to stop'...

Old 12-05-2009, 08:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
I am more of a railroad fan, but your country has neglected railroads for a long time.
Railroads are not really practical in the US

Say someone is going from Los Angeles to .... New York.

They have a choice: 4 days on a train. Or, 5 HOURS on a plane.

Most choose the plane.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
If any party at all, I am close to the communist party. So what?
Communism and the Communist party are not acceptable in the United States.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:45 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Goes for you and the others, too

They should be more self-confident. If even someone like Palin is self-confident, then anybody should be If any party at all, I am close to the communist party. So what?

Right, it should be 'to slow down' rather than 'to stop'...
It should be stopped - then the world Governments should go after REAL POLLUTERS.

AND THE METHODOLOGY SHOULD NOT TIE TO A NEW TAX SYSTEM ON INDIVIDUALS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies