Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Link?

And you know this how?
Well aeroguy can answer however he likes, but just let me say that yeah, Christianity teaches that salvation is by faith in Jesus, not just by being a "good" person.

Regarding Sarah Palin, I don't know that I would vote for her( even though I am a republican,) but I think she's absolutely right on this issue. I think it is totally on target to say that a nation should humble itself before God.

I obviously realize that many on the forum are atheists, but clearly Sarah Palin is not. What else would you expect her to say and believe? What is so offensive about this???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 09:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
What would you expect her to say and believe?

If she were at all informed on the federal government, I'd expect her to say that everyone's faith is a personal matter that the government should stay out of. Instead, she says the nation should worship her god.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:01 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Well aeroguy can answer however he likes, but just let me say that yeah, Christianity teaches that salvation is by faith in Jesus, not just by being a "good" person.
This is why I have a hard time accepting Christianity. I used to have a neighbor who lived the most Christ-like life you could imagine. Yet when he died the minister at his funeral preached on and on about how he was damned to hell because he hadn't accepted Jesus as his savior...completely ignoring his 70+ years of goodness. It was the only funeral I've ever been to that people in mass walked out of in the middle.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:02 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If she were at all informed on the federal government, I'd expect her to say that everyone's faith is a personal matter that the government should stay out of. Instead, she says the nation should worship her god.
I dunno. Have we really gotten to the place that people, even politicians or public figures no longer have the right to express what they believe? She thinks humility before God would improve this nation. I agree with her and think she has every right to express her opinion about it. People can agree or disagree and act accordingly. That's their right.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
I dunno. Have we really gotten to the place that people, even politicians or public figures no longer have the right to express what they believe? She thinks humility before God would improve this nation. I agree with her and think she has every right to express her opinion about it. People can agree or disagree and act accordingly. That's their right.

No one is saying she doesn't have the right to say what she said. Not that I've heard, anyway. Personally, I hope she continues to make inane statements. It sure seems to be her tendency. And it reveals the control-freak side of her personality.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:13 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times
Palin should rededicate herself to God before she starts pointing fingers. She should also renounce her radical raciest following as well and team up with those who want to progress America.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:15 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
She has the right to say what she wants.

And I have the right to laugh at her and poke fun at her ignorance and stupidity.

She has the right to remain stupid.

Let's hope the American People are not as stupid as she is.

We already know some are. Let's hope it's not as many as I fear.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:16 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,933,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
This is why I have a hard time accepting Christianity. I used to have a neighbor who lived the most Christ-like life you could imagine. Yet when he died the minister at his funeral preached on and on about how he was damned to hell because he hadn't accepted Jesus as his savior...completely ignoring his 70+ years of goodness. It was the only funeral I've ever been to that people in mass walked out of in the middle.
I can't imagine how this could happen at a funeral. When planning a funeral, one chooses who will speak, including the minister, preacher, preist, rabbi, whatever. Why would the family choose such a person to speak at this man's funeral.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:19 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
What would you think if some politician started saying Allah should make decisions for our country?

Old 12-08-2009, 10:22 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,277,624 times
Quote:

Regarding Sarah Palin, I don't know that I would vote for her( even though I am a republican,) but I think she's absolutely right on this issue. I think it is totally on target to say that a nation should humble itself before God.

I obviously realize that many on the forum are atheists, but clearly Sarah Palin is not. What else would you expect her to say and believe? What is so offensive about this???
I'm quite sure you wouldn't be offended by someone who suggest that every single instance of the word "God" should be removed from everything thing to do with government. Period.

No doubt you'd be fine with that.

Or you'd be fine with a Muslim who wants America to rededicate itself to Allah by putting the name Allah on Federal Buildings and coins.

And so on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies