Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 07:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I never understood when Christians said that they were in a relationship with their "Creator". That just seems so silly and childish. Much more so than two men wanting to marry and live a productive partnership.
God is so real to me and He has helped me through countless difficult circumstances throughout my life. Without Him, I would not be the person I am today and has ALWAYS provided for me. What I love the most about my heavenly father is that He will NEVER leave nor forsake me. You guys do not know what you are missing out on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
LOLOLOL of course they don't ask for money for the healing. But they still pass out the collection plate don't they?

The entire Faith Healing shtick is a sham. But hey, keep sending them those checks.
You would feel much differently had you ever witnessed a true faith healing. God's healing power is so real and no, He does not require you to pay for the healing as it is a free gift. The offering bucket is the main way that churches can meet their operating expenses. Most of the churches in the US are small churches that barely keep upfloat. It is curious that folks do not question when charities solicit donations but seem to begrudge a church for doing their own fundraisers. No one is required to tithe but believe me, you reap so much more when you do tithe. Just a few months ago, I tithed my 10% after a period of slacking off and literally out of nowhere, I received an 1100 dollar bonus from my employer shortly afterwards. This is how the provisions of God works. Of course when I tithe, it is without thought of any material gain as I trully want to help my church out. It is comforting to know that God goes beyond providing for my basic needs and always makes sure that I have more than enough.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:35 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
Palin does not speak for the people.

But I'd probably taker her more seriously than say, Bush Sr.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
This is why I have a hard time accepting Christianity. I used to have a neighbor who lived the most Christ-like life you could imagine. Yet when he died the minister at his funeral preached on and on about how he was damned to hell because he hadn't accepted Jesus as his savior...completely ignoring his 70+ years of goodness. It was the only funeral I've ever been to that people in mass walked out of in the middle.
I also have issues with the conduct of that pastor as well. How does he know whether or not your neighbor accepted Christ before he left this earth. Yes, salvation is based solely on accepting Jesus as your savior but whether or not someone made it to heaven is a matter between that person and God. This pastor failed to do his job of comforting your neighbor's loved ones who were in mourning. I have been to funerals of folks who did not live the best life and never have I ever witness a pastor damning the deceased.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:38 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
You would feel much differently had you ever witnessed a true faith healing.

Spare me. I'm not that gullible.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Good for you. In my case, I AM my creator so there's no need for a deity.
So tell me how you "created" yourself?

Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I lived with a person who received a faith healing for an illness and the illness never resurfaced.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:49 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I lived with a person who received a faith healing for an illness and the illness never resurfaced.
Like I said, the AOG is a sham and nothing short of a cult.

Last edited by JustCallMeTC; 12-09-2009 at 08:33 PM..

Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Quote:

Yeah, that's a good one

Old 12-09-2009, 07:55 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Palin does not speak for the people.

But I'd probably taker her more seriously than say, Bush Sr.
Bush Sr. no. Bush II The Idiot maybe, but its too hard to figure out who is worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies