Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 12:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So you are saying that nothing died on this planet before Adam and Eve ate the apple?
Yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 12:44 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
All of man's fruitless theories will be relegated to the scrap heap of history and God will forever stand. All throughout history, folks have tried to extinguish Christianity but it is still standing. The Bible has already been validated and is the basis for a lot of our ancient history.
Christians tried to get rid of Paganism by making them convert back then. Paganism still stands.

Muslims try to get rid of many faiths. They tried to destroyed Sikhism (several Sikh prophets of God were murdered by the hands of Muslims), Hinduism, Buddhism (it is said the Buddha was murdered by Muslims), and Christianity. They still try to get rid of other faiths.

Yet all of those faiths still stand as well.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:45 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
RALEIGH, N.C. - Sarah Palin says the United States should rededicate itself to seeking God's will, arguing that a humble spirit could help leaders get more answers on issues such as health care, energy and national security.

In a video released Friday by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the 2008 Republican candidate for vice president said it's important for leaders to acknowledge they don't have all the answers.

Moderator cut: first couple of sentences and link only!

Palin says nation should rededicate itself to God

I think a little faith would do everyone some good. I am not talking about religious extremism, but simply faith in a power greater than us.

When survivalists have evaluated the single common factor that helped them through thier trials, faith is noted as the number one factor.

I would think that those who believe in nothing would lead rather empty lives and never achieve contentment. Often these voids are "satisfied" by sex, drugs, alcohol, money and other addictions. But becuase they do not satiate their needs, usually kindled by depression, the hole becomes deeper.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
All of man's fruitless theories will be relegated to the scrap heap of history and God will forever stand. All throughout history, folks have tried to extinguish Christianity but it is still standing. The Bible has already been validated and is the basis for a lot of our ancient history.
Like the theory that the earth is the center of the universe and the sun revolves around it?

Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Yes
Your response to this question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn
So you are saying that nothing died on this planet before Adam and Eve ate the apple?
Therefore, I would assume that all the fossilized bones etc...... would date no older than about 6000 years?

Old 12-12-2009, 01:05 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
I realize that many of you are not able to receive the truth and choose to place your faith in science and logic despite the limitations that are inherit with man's wisdom. I am not the most skilled debater and maybe I am way in over my head in here but I DO know beyond a shadow of a doubt that MY GOD is real. No one in history has the proven track record of dramatically changed lives as my God does. People that I know personally were former druggies, homeless and destitute have had their lives dramatically turned around by the power of God. My mother was an alcoholic until God delivered her from the power of alcohol. Ever since she became a Christian, never had she touched another drink since. God has delivered me from a lot of personal issues that I had as a teenager.

Just this week alone, I have seen God divinely intervene on my behalf. Just last month after getting back on track with my tithing, my job gave me a HUGE bonus literally out of nowhere as part-timers in my industry DO NOT GET BONUSES (this was in November). When I say HUGE, I mean it surpassed my normal monthly pay from that company! These are just recent stuff but I can probably spend all day sharing other miracles and divine interventions from my God but I need to get some things done today as I have an interview next week and some homework to complete. Take care and don't waste the entire day posting on CD.

Chatteress
Child of God

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Therefore, I would assume that all the fossilized bones etc...... would date no older than about 6000 years?
Didnt Palin say that grampa McCain, who was alive then, himself rode t-rex when he was a child?

See, there is a hasty exit now that someone is pinned down on the 6000 yr question

By the way, we are going to get bonuses too but the muslin guy's god is taking the credit for it.

Chatress: By extension, is it your god that is the cause of all the unemployment we see? Is it your god that helped the fat financial CEOs to get huge bonuses? Do you see the error in your logic?

Last edited by calmdude; 12-12-2009 at 02:05 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I think a little faith would do everyone some good. I am not talking about religious extremism, but simply faith in a power greater than us.

When survivalists have evaluated the single common factor that helped them through thier trials, faith is noted as the number one factor.

I would think that those who believe in nothing would lead rather empty lives and never achieve contentment. Often these voids are "satisfied" by sex, drugs, alcohol, money and other addictions. But becuase they do not satiate their needs, usually kindled by depression, the hole becomes deeper.
Everyone is free to have faith in a higher power. It is when these people start projecting their beliefs of the "will of that higher power" on others, that I have a problem with.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:07 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
The bible (and I'm assuming you are talking about the New Testament) is accepted as a reasonably accurate discriptionof life at the time and in the place it was written. It gives lots of good info about who was in charge, and what clothing this type of person wore or what food that class of citizen ate. BUt the issue of God, and of Christ being the son of God, are not validated. Those are still matters of faith, not fact.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:10 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
Quote:
I realize that many of you are not able to receive the truth and choose to place your faith in science and logic despite the limitations that are inherit with man's wisdom. I am not the most skilled debater and maybe I am way in over my head in here but I DO know beyond a shadow of a doubt that MY GOD is real. No one in history has the proven track record of dramatically changed lives as my God does. People that I know personally were former druggies, homeless and destitute have had their lives dramatically turned around by the power of God. My mother was an alcoholic until God delivered her from the power of alcohol. Ever since she became a Christian, never had she touched another drink since. God has delivered me from a lot of personal issues that I had as a teenager.

Just this week alone, I have seen God divinely intervene on my behalf. Just last month after getting back on track with my tithing, my job gave me a HUGE bonus literally out of nowhere as part-timers in my industry DO NOT GET BONUSES (this was in November). When I say HUGE, I mean it surpassed my normal monthly pay from that company! These are just recent stuff but I can probably spend all day sharing other miracles and divine interventions from my God but I need to get some things done today as I have an interview next week and some homework to complete. Take care and don't waste the entire day posting on CD.

Chatteress
Child of God
The key here is "My God". What if Palin wanted you to "rededicate yourself" to a God you don't believe in? You would understandably be upset. Not everyone believes in your God---and in America they have every right not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies