Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 10:37 AM

474 posts, read 601,323 times

Advertisements

I could not believe this info I received from a friend as Obama insisted he was not a muslim,.that is during the pre election season. See this before he tries to have this obliterated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 10:48 AM

155 posts, read 733,566 times
Can somebody explain to me what the problem with being a muslm is?

Old 12-24-2009, 02:58 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,852 times
Is this a Troll Thread or just a thread of people prejudiced against anything connected with Muslims.

Where does Obama say he's a Muslim?

He states that members of his family are Muslim, he states that he grew up in a household where Muslims.

He gives Muslims the historical credit for their contributions and inventions.

He says many positive things about the Muslims and admonishes the radicals among them.

He factually states that this country is not a Christian country. Many of it's founding fathers were Christian and the inception of this country is based on Christian principles, yet we include and respect all other religions and philosophies.

Better yet, just go over to this nutjob's page and hear all the others calling him a liar!
http://www.youtube.com/user/FeelTheChangeMedia

Why would anyone with an ounce of sense listen to this extremely biased, super edited out of context propaganda and believe that it's proves Pres. Obama is a Muslim.

Will you people ever grow up!!!

Last edited by reconmark; 12-24-2009 at 03:15 PM..

Old 12-24-2009, 03:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
People are getting their race -card panties in a wad over Obama being call a piece of finely woven unbleached fabric of corded cotton?

Ok, clearly it may have been an insult to the fabric industry and some union that weaves the once favored fabric but he was called a muslin....not muslim! Get over it!

Old 12-24-2009, 03:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,748,514 times
TN mayor calls Obama a racist muslin

Why would a TN mayor call Obama a racist fabric?

Old 12-24-2009, 03:22 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
I could not believe this info I received from a friend as Obama insisted he was not a muslim,.that is during the pre election season. See this before he tries to have this obliterated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28

Do you know what an edit job is?? This video has been debunked over and over. Factcheck.org obliterated it. Basically was a complete edit job, with major portions of the speech taken out. Words removed, etc.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:10 AM

Smash 255a; Do you know what a quote is? Or a series of quotes...or a book of quotes? They are excerpts from speeches...or public addresses...or public writings....
The video clip of Obama, edited or not, is his face, his mouth saying the things that demonstrate very clearly his affinity for the Muslim faith, far and beyond any other religion including the Christian religion which he professed to be part of....before the election. You know, he was an attendee at Rev. "God D--- America" Christian church. I like others in these blogs have no problem with other faiths or beliiefs, but I do when people "cozy up" during campaigns and patronize us and then comes out full force for the faith he referred to in the video and...interview included in my post. He did profess gratitude to McCain for not talking about my "Muslim faith." did he not? By the way he is not the first Black President but the first bi-racial President. So far I have not heard one word of praise for his white roots, his Christian faith roots. Perhaps he should go to Bethlehem for his next speech? Rome? He left the White House before Christmas Day and, as reported, did not want a Nativity scene in or on White House Grounds. I don't care what he believes in or the religious group he belongs to...but he should stop trying to be something he is not...whatever that is. He was more "careful" in his comments about the Fort Hood incident (let's not rush to judgment) than he was for the Cambridge policeman who was simply doing his job." Remember how quickly he called the action taken by the Mass. police as reacting "stupidly." But yet, we should take our time saying anything about the Muslim Fort Hood shooter?
It is not the first time. His father left his mother and Obama... and Obama writes a book about his father? Where is the one about his mother? This man is a chameleon....but hi is slowly molting into what he is....what we now see....!
The recently distributed Massachusetts retirees newsletter reports that there is a provision in the new health care bill that requires the reduction of 14% in certain Medicare reimbursements to Mass...because the feds overpaid Massachusetts...in Medsicare...so they say. But why didn't Obama tell us before the bill was passed by the Senate?
A virtual chameleon.
But I digress...back to quotes...series of quotes...books of quotes....or videos of quotes....
"Some people change their ways when they see the light and others when they feel the heat." Author: Caroline Schoeder.
"Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidely as they are not." Friedrick Nietzsche.
It is clear that your "Love of Obama" blinds you to anything else." I stand by the video...It was sent to me and I moved it on...there is no dioubt who is making the statements...edited or not...they are quotes....some are longer than others...his change of neckties gave that away... Quotes....Quotes...Quotes...and your guy made them. Live with it.

Last edited by Friendly blogger; 12-27-2009 at 11:24 AM..

Old 12-27-2009, 11:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Quote:
Smash 255a; Do you know what a quote is? Or a series of quotes...or a book of quotes. They are excerpts from speeches...or public addresses...or public writings....
The video clip of Obama, edited or not, is his face, his mouth saying the things that demonstrate very clearly his affinity for the Muslim faith, far and beyond any other religion including the Christian religion which he professed to part of....before the election. You know, he was an attendee at Rev. "God D--- America" church. I like others in these bklogs have no problem with other faiths or beliiefs, but I do when people "cozy up" during campaign and patronize us and then comes out full force for the faith he referred to in the interview included in my post. He did profess gratitude to McCain for not talking about my "Muslim faith." did he not? By the way he is not the first Black President but the first bi-racial President. So far I have not heard one word of praise for his white roots, his Christian faith roots. He left the White House before Christmas Day and did not want a Nativity scene on White House Grounds. I don't care what he believes in or the religious group he belongs to...but the should stop trying to be something he is not.
It is not the first time. His father left his mother and Obama and Obama writes a book about his father? Where is the one about his mother? This man is a chameleon....but hi is slowly molting into what he is....what we now see....!
The recently distributed Massachusetts retirees newsletter reports that there is a provision in the new health care bill that requires the reduction of 14% in certain Medicare programs...because the feds overpaid Massachusetts...in Medsicare...so they say. But why didn't Obama tell us before the bill was passed by the Senate?
A virtual chameleon.
But I digress...back to quotes...series of quotes...books of quotes....or video of quotes....
"Some people change their ways when they see the light and others when they feel the heat." Author: Caroline Schoeder.
"Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidely as they are not." Friedrick Nietzsche.
It is clear that your "Love of Obama" blinds you to anything else." I stand by the video...It was sent to me and I moved it on...there is no dioubt who is making the statements...edited or not...they are quotes....some are longer than others...his neckties gave that away...at the beginning. Quotes....Quotes...Quotes...and your guy made them. Live with it.
Quotes taken as snippets out of context can give wrong impressions, as in that video.

You were aware of that before I just informed you. Weren't you?

Old 12-27-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Quotes taken as snippets out of context can give wrong impressions, as in that video.

You were aware of that before I just informed you. Weren't you?
Hi Old Gringo! And when was that? This is the first I hear from you. I agree that quotes can give certain impressions but that is the history of quotes. One Internet web site contains 25,000 quotes.

I couldn't agree more that one can get wrong impressions from quotes. The ones Obama made pre-election were quite different than after the election. One bumper sticker in our state says...."Are you sorry yet?"

Old 12-27-2009, 01:30 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Smash 255a; Do you know what a quote is? Or a series of quotes...or a book of quotes? They are excerpts from speeches...or public addresses...or public writings....
The video clip of Obama, edited or not, is his face, his mouth saying the things that demonstrate very clearly his affinity for the Muslim faith, far and beyond any other religion including the Christian religion which he professed to be part of....before the election. You know, he was an attendee at Rev. "God D--- America" Christian church. I like others in these blogs have no problem with other faiths or beliiefs, but I do when people "cozy up" during campaigns and patronize us and then comes out full force for the faith he referred to in the video and...interview included in my post. He did profess gratitude to McCain for not talking about my "Muslim faith." did he not? By the way he is not the first Black President but the first bi-racial President. So far I have not heard one word of praise for his white roots, his Christian faith roots. Perhaps he should go to Bethlehem for his next speech? Rome? He left the White House before Christmas Day and, as reported, did not want a Nativity scene in or on White House Grounds. I don't care what he believes in or the religious group he belongs to...but he should stop trying to be something he is not...whatever that is. He was more "careful" in his comments about the Fort Hood incident (let's not rush to judgment) than he was for the Cambridge policeman who was simply doing his job." Remember how quickly he called the action taken by the Mass. police as reacting "stupidly." But yet, we should take our time saying anything about the Muslim Fort Hood shooter?
It is not the first time. His father left his mother and Obama... and Obama writes a book about his father? Where is the one about his mother? This man is a chameleon....but hi is slowly molting into what he is....what we now see....!
The recently distributed Massachusetts retirees newsletter reports that there is a provision in the new health care bill that requires the reduction of 14% in certain Medicare reimbursements to Mass...because the feds overpaid Massachusetts...in Medsicare...so they say. But why didn't Obama tell us before the bill was passed by the Senate?
A virtual chameleon.
But I digress...back to quotes...series of quotes...books of quotes....or videos of quotes....
It is clear that your "Love of Obama" blinds you to anything else." I stand by the video...It was sent to me and I moved it on...there is no dioubt who is making the statements...edited or not...they are quotes....some are longer than others...his change of neckties gave that away... Quotes....Quotes...Quotes...and your guy made them. Live with it.

In other words you stand by hate, you stand by deceit, you stand for lies and every other right wing scare tactic imaginable.

The video was taken from several different speeches, various clips were spliced and diced to make it seem like Obama was saying things that he wasn't. He refers to his Christian faith and his Christian beliefs, and he is a Christian, but that was completely edited out of the video over and over again. Words were edited out, entire phrases and sentences were edited out. When you take out certain words, remove entire phrases and sentences, slice and dice different speeches it is going to change the appearance of what was actually said, and make it appear as something that wasn't. This was the purpose of the video, and you either bought it because you are gullible or because of your own hate and prejudice. Fact of the matter is the video is a complete lie and con job by far right hate mongers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies