Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,490,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Somebody should honestly hit this town with a LAWSUIT and make them pay all the legal cost after they LOSE. Hopefully the ACLU will sue their pants off. They allow a PUBLIC Fire Station to hang up a "Merry Christmas" sign from Thanksgiving to New Years but they allow the Jews only a single day to display a Menorah! Out friggin rageous that these religious fruits still want to disobey the laws and deny others their rights. Sue!!

Officials Do 360 On Fire Station “Merry Christmas” Sign (http://www.kwtx.com/offbeatnews/headlines/78548222.html - broken link)

"S C H M U C K"(closest Yiddish work I could find for "TROLL").
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,713,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
And when the city gets hit with the lawsuit and is forced to shell out money in legal expenses, it is the tax payers who fund the city and the citizens who use services that will suffer. I just love it how liberals decry it when governmental services get cut but advocate for legal nonsense such as this over a petty issue. Also, when cities have to cut services, usually employees are being laid off. No one thinks about the consequences of frivilous lawsuits!
That is what happens when you vote for bigots.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Are you Jewish or do you just dislike Christians that much?
I am a Christian. And for the most part I dislike Christians because most of them are hate filled bigoted nutcases.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,983,871 times
Quote:
That is what happens when you vote for bigots.
Bigots? A large majority of folks in the US celebrate Christmas versus Jewish holidays. Christmas decorations are EVERYWHERE so why is this particular city being singled out?

Old 12-04-2009, 08:56 PM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
Quote:
I am a Christian. And for the most part I dislike Christians because most of them are hate filled bigoted nutcases.
You must hang out with the wrong crowd. The christians I see are generous, caring, giving and loving.

Kev ... are black christians better then white christians or do you hate most christians requardless of color ?

Old 12-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Just curious ... What type of Christian are you KevK? I'm asking because I am legitimately curious since you seem to hold Christians and Christianity with such contempt.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What sre you talking about - dildos?
Actually, the infllatables and I don't mean the sexy kind. Those ugly giant Santas and snowmen on people's lawns.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Bigots? A large majority of folks in the US celebrate Christmas versus Jewish holidays. Christmas decorations are EVERYWHERE so why is this particular city being singled out?
This city is being singled out for having CHRISTmas messages and not allowing other religions the same right. I don't care if they put up CHRISTmas stuff as long as the others can put up their stuff. But they told the Jews they can only put up their stuff for a single day. Most cities do not put up CHRISTmas stuff but HOLIDAY stuff like lights, trees and "happy holidays".

Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
This city is being singled out for having CHRISTmas messages and not allowing other religions the same right. I don't care if they put up CHRISTmas stuff as long as the others can put up their stuff. But they told the Jews they can only put up their stuff for a single day. Most cities do not put up CHRISTmas stuff but HOLIDAY stuff like lights, trees and "happy holidays".
And so the answer is to hit the city (er tax payers) with hefty legal costs, etc during an economic downturn?

Old 12-04-2009, 09:08 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,418,781 times
Quote:
Right, completely discounting the fact that this is a predominantly chistian holiday. If the town were to put up dwali decorations awesome. But the fact of the matter is that chistmas is a bigger holiday to christians than Chanukkah is to Jews. Therefore more christmas decorations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies