Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:45 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,777,724 times

Advertisements

How about bringing back the ones the we gave away.

1) The manufacturing jobs the are now in Asia

2) The IT jobs that have been taken by visa holders, who have anchor babies and immigrate.

3) The IT jobs that we sent over to India.

4) The Call Center Jobs that went over to India.

and so forth...

Geez I watched big IT companies send mainframes over and *train* foriegners in IT skills, then they came over here. For crying out loud, if they wanted to train people that would've worked cheap, couldn't they have gone to the inner cities or Appalachia, etc.?

OK fine, so U.S. workers should have to compete with world wage levels. Are home prices and the prices of other goods needed to live going to be adjusted downwards to match here in the U.S.

The problems we have now were done to us by our own Industry, Finance and Governmental leaders. Maybe they should have to fix it. Maybe they should've just listened when everyone was screaming about this outcome before they did these things, ya think???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 06:46 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,290,975 times
He could cut taxes and forget about 'cap and trade'. He could use the rest of the stimulus money to offer incentives for businesses to hire. He could use some of the stimulus money to subsidize health insurance for those who can't afford it or are uninsurable instead of placing unfunded mandates on employers.

I could go on an on but Obama won't do any of this. Obama is more interested in his social programs than stimulating economic growth. He is more interested in setting up as many people as he can to be dependant on the government than he is in encouraging personal responsibility and self reliance.

- Reel

Old 12-05-2009, 06:52 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,612,652 times
What can Obama and Co. do to create more jobs?

Give up their own.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 AM

10,802 posts, read 14,863,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
How about bringing back the ones the we gave away.

1) The manufacturing jobs the are now in Asia

2) The IT jobs that have been taken by visa holders, who have anchor babies and immigrate.

3) The IT jobs that we sent over to India.

4) The Call Center Jobs that went over to India.

and so forth...

Geez I watched big IT companies send mainframes over and *train* foriegners in IT skills, then they came over here. For crying out loud, if they wanted to train people that would've worked cheap, couldn't they have gone to the inner cities or Appalachia, etc.?

OK fine, so U.S. workers should have to compete with world wage levels. Are home prices and the prices of other goods needed to live going to be adjusted downwards to match here in the U.S.

The problems we have now were done to us by our own Industry, Finance and Governmental leaders. Maybe they should have to fix it. Maybe they should've just listened when everyone was screaming about this outcome before they did these things, ya think???
Dump the stupid stimulus bill opting instead to put the money to better use elsewhere as in cutting taxes.

End capital gains taxes.

Provide a 20% investment tax credit to businesses.

End most favored nation status for China.

End NAFTA. As Ross Perot predicted in 1992 we have heard the great sucking sound.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:36 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,224,708 times
Quote:
What can Obama and Co. do to Create Jobs?

My answer, stop meddling with the economy, and let it run it's natural course. Don't give loans or money to automakers, banks, wall street, let them do the natural thing, make a profit and survive, or let them die, only the strongest survive.

Stop meddling, cancel NAFTA, tariffs on imported goods, let the free world abound, and let Americans have a choice in what they buy, foreign or domestically made goods, freedom of choice.
Get Government out of the business of regulating business. Encourage big company execs to put their bonuses back into business, rather than gather personal wealth and greed, compel them to do something for their Country, other than raking in record profits and taking big bonuses.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:32 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,151,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
[/b]

My answer, stop meddling with the economy, and let it run it's natural course. Don't give loans or money to automakers, banks, wall street, let them do the natural thing, make a profit and survive, or let them die, only the strongest survive.

Stop meddling, cancel NAFTA, tariffs on imported goods, let the free world abound, and let Americans have a choice in what they buy, foreign or domestically made goods, freedom of choice.
Get Government out of the business of regulating business. Encourage big company execs to put their bonuses back into business, rather than gather personal wealth and greed, compel them to do something for their Country, other than raking in record profits and taking big bonuses.
OMG, with the exception of a few things I actually agree with you. One of us must be sick..

Nita

Old 12-05-2009, 09:46 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,508,741 times
Realise that the governamnt doesn't produce anything and just eats into what creats jobs which is wealth and demand in the economy.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:51 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,224,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
OMG, with the exception of a few things I actually agree with you. One of us must be sick..

Nita
I've claimed before that I was a conservative democrat, but I know that there's no such thing, so, therefore, I am liberal.
Do you feel queezy? I didn't think so.
Now you see, there are things that democrats and republicans can agree upon. Isn't that strange?

Old 12-05-2009, 11:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,442,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
[/b]

Yes -- but big tariffs on imported goods to make up for what American workers have to pay in combined taxes to produce the same kinds of goods.

Chinese workers can work for $0.25 an hour, Mexicans can work for $0.50 a hour because they don't have the extreme property taxes and income taxes and expensive governments to maintain. They don't have huge and very generous welfare programs to prop up.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,137,120 times
The government cannot "create" jobs. They can only provide a favorable environment for businesses to flourish and grow.

Let's see..healthcare, cap&trade, expiring Bush tax cuts, stimulus bills to fund pork projects....yup they are doing their hardest NOT to create that environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies