Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 10:05 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,518 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the rep-

(We can thank the Gods and Goddess )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 01:54 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
They ignore anything and everything that does not suit their agenda.

She ignored my questions too. We all know why.
Oh, you know why? Then why don't you tell us why.

LOL, I do have a life outside of this board. Just came back to read this.

I don't get how some people want to live in past ancient history rather than today. We can't fix what is past and who did what to whom. We can only live in the present.

And this takes us back to the OP article which states---

'Alderden said he granted the groups the right to erect a sign at Saturday's holiday party after the groups sought to have the annual display taken down.'

Old 12-06-2009, 04:27 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
'Alderden said he granted the groups the right to erect a sign at Saturday's holiday party after the groups sought to have the annual display taken down.'
It's all so stupid.
Logic tells me that just as Christians have the right to have a Xmas party, I, as an atheist, have the right to not host or attend one or attend anyway if the food looks good!
See how easy that is?

Old 12-06-2009, 06:16 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
The concept of Christmas is so secularized and commercialized that it really doesn't matter whether you believe in this or that (or anything) anymore.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:01 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Lightbulb News, Atheists to join sheriff's Christmas party.

But, we're so evil.

And everything.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:06 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,212 times
Just another example of the minority forcing the majority to bend to their will.

This whole idea that everyone is equal is sad. It goes against the very science they use when they want to mock people of religion.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:12 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Cool Christians have it so hard in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Just another example of the minority forcing the majority to bend to their will.

This whole idea that everyone is equal is sad. It goes against the very science they use when they want to mock people of religion.

You're more than welcome to inject your faith into every action you take.

Our government isn't allowed to do that, though.

And if any of those nasty atheists try to crash your church's Christmas celebration, be sure to toss 'em out into the cold.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:53 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,518 times
Wow- so I guess the whole "turn the other cheek" and "love thy neighbor" should really have "only if their Christian" added to the end
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post

And if any of those nasty atheists try to crash your church's Christmas celebration, be sure to toss 'em out into the cold.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Oh, you know why? Then why don't you tell us why."""

Who?Me?! : I'll tell you why...because when up against facts and logic , you have no answers. You spout off and when it's questioned , you're gone..

"""LOL, I do have a life outside of this board. Just came back to read this.

I don't get how some people want to live in past ancient history rather than today. We can't fix what is past and who did what to whom. We can only live in the present.

And this takes us back to the OP article which states---

OK, since you don't ignore posts, do you REALLY think that NO christians make money off the Christmas season?

What have you personally lost or given up in your own home on your own property or the property of the church you belong to?

Old 12-06-2009, 09:18 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
The concept of Christmas is so secularized and commercialized that it really doesn't matter whether you believe in this or that (or anything) anymore.
If I were Christian I'd be more upset about how stores keep pushing the envelope on putting up their Christmas decorations and sales promotions than I would be about people saying 'happy holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas.' Where I live stores were pushing Christmas before Halloween. My gut reaction was that they might as well have Christmas up all year long if they keep pushing it back farther and farther into the fall. But then there is a very large store in my part of the state that already does that....all Christmas, all the time.

For me, the holiday season is about the spirit of love and family so I'll go where ever I'm asked, be it a Christian church service, a Hanukkah festival, or secular party. I once had a neighbor who celebrated Kwanzaa so I've even been to a Kwanzaa celebration. Being inclusive of all belief systems, rather than exclusive to the one we might have grown up with, can greatly enrich our lives during December. The bottom line is we all have a lot in common when you view religion/spirituality in boarder terms than just your choosen denominational dogma. Most religions are basically about the evolution of our value systems and all of them value love and family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies