U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-04-2009, 11:06 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
221 posts, read 208,688 times
Reputation: 54

Advertisements

Welcome to the Hypocrisy Hall of Fame! These Republicans have been caught trying to celebrate the benefits of projects they opposed in President Obama's recovery bill, the 2009 Omnibus Appropriations bill, and the Omnibus Public Land Management Act.
"With the economy showing early signs of recovery, it's no wonder that more and more House Republicans are scrambling to take credit for the benefits they opposed," said Ryan Rudominer, National Press Secretary for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. "Times are tough. Hardworking Americans need solutions, not more hypocrisy from the Republican Party of No."

DCCC House Republicans Hypocrisy Hall of Fame (http://www.dccc.org/page/-/satellites/hypocrisy/index_hhof.html - broken link)

You can say what you want about the source but you can't deny the facts!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-04-2009, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,889 posts, read 17,021,547 times
Reputation: 3135
I am not sure how any of this demonstrates hypocrisy. It is not as if the Republicans had not asked for the funds which had been appropriated the money would not have been spent.

My wife spent far more money on a car than I would have liked. I objected, she bought it anyway, I drive it sometimes. It does not make me a hypocrite.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
221 posts, read 208,688 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am not sure how any of this demonstrates hypocrisy. It is not as if the Republicans had not asked for the funds which had been appropriated the money would not have been spent.

My wife spent far more money on a car than I would have liked. I objected, she bought it anyway, I drive it sometimes. It does not make me a hypocrite.
To vote against something and then taking credit for it's passage because it's working is not the same as your example!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2009, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,889 posts, read 17,021,547 times
Reputation: 3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
To vote against something and then taking credit for it's passage because it's working is not the same as your example!
"Representative Bill Shuster (PA-09) - Representative Shuster attended a groundbreaking ceremony for a sewage treatment plant that was only possible because of Recovery funds. [Blairsville Municipal Authority launches plant expansion, Blairsville Dispatch, 11/25/09] This was the first one and the rest were along the same lines. If this is the best the DCCC can do they are in deep weeds.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2009, 11:21 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,889 posts, read 17,021,547 times
Reputation: 3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
To vote against something and then taking credit for it's passage because it's working is not the same as your example!

See above, I don't see evidence that they took credit for passing stimulus. I don't think anyone wants credit for that. It is stimulus and TARP that will cost the Dems in 2010.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2009, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,889 posts, read 17,021,547 times
Reputation: 3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
To vote against something and then taking credit for it's passage because it's working is not the same as your example!

Here is one that says flat out he voted against it.
  • "Representative Michael McCaul (TX-10) - "I didn't support final passage but at the same time I wanted to make sure if we are spending that kind of money that much of that gets directed to Texas." [KVUE News; 2/22/09]
  • Representative Michael McCaul showed his hypocrisy after asking the Obama Administration for three billion in funds for NASA from the economic recovery act, which he voted against. Members of the Texas delegation signed the letter, including two Republican Senators and 19 House Republicans who all voted against the recovery act in February. [Texas delegation wants stimulus money for NASA, Houston Chronicle, 10/5/09]"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,168 posts, read 89,938,546 times
Reputation: 48060
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
Welcome to the Hypocrisy Hall of Fame! These Republicans have been caught trying to celebrate the benefits of projects they opposed in President Obama's recovery bill, the 2009 Omnibus Appropriations bill, and the Omnibus Public Land Management Act.
"With the economy showing early signs of recovery, it's no wonder that more and more House Republicans are scrambling to take credit for the benefits they opposed," said Ryan Rudominer, National Press Secretary for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. "Times are tough. Hardworking Americans need solutions, not more hypocrisy from the Republican Party of No."

DCCC House Republicans Hypocrisy Hall of Fame (http://www.dccc.org/page/-/satellites/hypocrisy/index_hhof.html - broken link)

You can say what you want about the source but you can't deny the facts!
Darn those hypocits on both sides, the Republicans and of course all those Democrats that voted for the war in Iraq that now say it is wrong....

Nita
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
16,198 posts, read 19,210,572 times
Reputation: 8689
Hey, if Al Gore can take credit for inventing the Internet...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Michigan
5,369 posts, read 4,845,211 times
Reputation: 1627
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Here is one that says flat out he voted against it.
  • "Representative Michael McCaul (TX-10) - "I didn't support final passage but at the same time I wanted to make sure if we are spending that kind of money that much of that gets directed to Texas." [KVUE News; 2/22/09]
  • Representative Michael McCaul showed his hypocrisy after asking the Obama Administration for three billion in funds for NASA from the economic recovery act, which he voted against. Members of the Texas delegation signed the letter, including two Republican Senators and 19 House Republicans who all voted against the recovery act in February. [Texas delegation wants stimulus money for NASA, Houston Chronicle, 10/5/09]"
Politician Rule #13:
It's only bad when it might go to somebody else.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Michigan
5,369 posts, read 4,845,211 times
Reputation: 1627
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Darn those hypocits on both sides, the Republicans and of course all those Democrats that voted for the war in Iraq that now say it is wrong....

Nita

Many (from both parties) voted based on the evidence provided.
They thought it was a reliable source.
Guess it wasn't.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top