Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 06:48 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Do I have to? **sigh** I couldn't be bothered reading more after I got past the 2-year-old-twins-without-a-nap thing. If that's the type of parents these links are about, I don't really care if people say rude things to them.
So you don't want to bother reading the one from San Francisco's very own newspaper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 06:58 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So you don't want to bother reading the one from San Francisco's very own newspaper?
I think of it more as I don't want to read more links provided by you to make a point the first link failed miserably to do.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:04 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I think of it more as I don't want to read more links provided by you to make a point the first link failed miserably to do.
So you pick the link most likely to be discredited in your mind while choosing to ignore a link to a news site you consider credible?
The Mommy Files : Do San Franciscans really hate kids?
[LEFT]Wocky wrote:[/LEFT]
Oh, there is most definitely a strong anti-children contingent in SF. Just to share one incident (of many) that happened to me....3 years ago: My husband and I were walking around on a Saturday afternoon in Union Square. Baby daughter was attached to me via Baby Bjorn carrier, and toddler son was in a stroller pushed by dad. We were coming around one of those "blind corners" where you really can't see/sense people coming from the other side. We almost collided with a young woman and her two young friends (late teens? early 20s?). She hissed, "Have a few more babies, why don't you?!" leaving us speechless. We hadn't done anything to her, we hadn't said anything, we hadn't even bumped her....she was just a nasty little thing who was irate about sharing the street with [gasp] CHILDREN!
[LEFT]Sfurbanette shared:[/LEFT]
I've been snarled at on many occasions for just having a child (oh, and let's not talk about the other one cooking up in my belly currently). My daughter is 2.5 and is not badly behaved most of the time. She's actually quite friendly to everyone, but, like every toddler she has her moments. Still, most of the negative encounters I've had with people (including, but not limited to some strung out 20-something sneering "Have an abortion already" as I walked past with my daughter in the stroller), haven't been connected to bad behavior on my daughter's part. I would understand some huffing and puffing and snide remarks in those cases! A tantruming two year old is a sight to behold and not in a pleasant way.
[LEFT]Kalija wrote:[/LEFT]
A couple of days ago, wandering through the neighborhood, a very angry woman snarled at me in reference to my protruding belly. Yes, I am well aware that some people may think that bringing more children into the world is helping to destroy the planet. I can't change their minds. But what if some knife-wielding enviro-maniac decides to make an example of me? Is anybody else dealing with this? What do you do/what have you done?
Here in SF, there are more people with dogs than kids. Lots of people choose not to be parents, and lots of people feel that having children is irresponsible for various reasons, mostly having to do with there being too many people in the world already, and that the earth's resources are being taxed beyond reason, not to mention all those people with kids mooching off the public benefits provided by taxpayers. Pregnancy is like a crime here, and having actual children in public is a grave offense where no stranger thinks it inappropriate to verbally attack you and/or your kids. Okay, so now what? What do we do?
[LEFT]

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?&entry_id=35572#ixzz0Ys0PLVPC

Family Forum — community at SFGate, news and information for the San Francisco Bay Area.

[/LEFT]

Old 12-05-2009, 07:14 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
What is the point you are trying to make with the links? That pro-choice supporters hate children? SURPRISE - I have 2 children I love dearly, but guess what my personal feelings towards children have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the fact that every women has the right to choose what to do with her own body. People do not support the pro-choice movement because they dislike children, or think others should not have children, but they do support the pro-choice movement because each woman should have the right to make the best decision for herself at that time. She may love children, she may hate children, doesn't really matter, it's her decision to make.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:28 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So you pick the link most likely to be discredited in your mind while choosing to ignore a link to a news site you consider credible?
I didn't "pick the link most likely to be discredited". I started with the first link you provided. **geeze** You make a bad argument and it's my fault for noticing.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I was going to ask the same question but you said it better than I would have.

This is a case for the criminal courts, not a family planning clinic. Only an illogical, raging pro-lifer could try to link the two things together.
Illogical pro-lifer?

I call them anti-choicers and have never seen a logical one

Just look at the threads they start....

Old 12-05-2009, 08:52 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
LMAO! This is so stupid. Where did Planned Parenthood come out of this?

And that woman who did this should be punished. It is NOT her body to decide what to do with.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:30 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
The little voice in the corner is asking why the richardcranium didn't just honor his marriage vows and keep it in his pants. Sheesh!

Old 12-05-2009, 09:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Illogical pro-lifer?

I call them anti-choicers and have never seen a logical one

Just look at the threads they start....
Anti choicers is going too easy.

I call them anti woman. That is what they really are.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Every time we get one of these really stupid anti-Planned Parenthood threads, I contribute to PP.
I'll do today's contribution in Sailor Dave's name.
I wonder how that will make him feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies